Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

U23

McLean also played 45 minutes. Finished 2-2. 

All joking and sarcasm aside, do we think Jarvis has something to offer for the rest of the season?  He counts as home grown, and offers something different in terms of a left sided midfield role. Lots of experience too.  And with him, McLean, Marshall, Hanley and Thompson, we effectively have 5 players who can make a real contribution to the second half of the season.

28 minutes ago, Woodman said:

McLean also played 45 minutes. Finished 2-2. 

All joking and sarcasm aside, do we think Jarvis has something to offer for the rest of the season?  He counts as home grown, and offers something different in terms of a left sided midfield role. Lots of experience too.  And with him, McLean, Marshall, Hanley and Thompson, we effectively have 5 players who can make a real contribution to the second half of the season.

We either send him out on loan to see out the season, probably with a club who will be signing him - or he stays here and adds weight to a squad that may well need all hands to the pump in the final half of the season.

I would prefer the latter

We also have young Carlton Morris who may be fit by the New Year though I would think regular games elsewhere would suit given that he has a longer career ahead of him.

But yes, if you look at the players you have mentioned then I wonder how satisfied we would be if they were our January buys.

Better in our January sales and the few pounds we get spent a bit more wisely

Doubt there is any chance of a club wanting to loan or buy Jarvis this January.

Norwich are short of wide players but impossible to say if he can contribute much as I doubt anyone really knows what he has to offer. Report suggests he did alright last night but consistent injuries would suggest he probably has very little game pace left. 

Don't give him game time, let him seek insurance for injury, might get some recompense for the money wasted.  Never any chance of seeing him perform at Championsip level. 

2 hours ago, pete said:

Don't give him game time, let him seek insurance for injury, might get some recompense for the money wasted.  Never any chance of seeing him perform at Championsip level. 

Such insurance you are talking about doesn’t exist for protecting clubs against player injury. Players can insure themselves against injury, but it is hard for them to make claims against. Playing for the U23s would mean Jarvis has lost his ability to claim. 

I hope Jarvis is able to get himself fit again, for his sake as much as anything else. I agree with Bethnal, his game was very much built around his pace, that will undoubtedly have been reduce due to his injuries, the question really is can he adapt his game, and do we have the time or the inclination to allow him to try.

My choice would be to get him as fit as we can, move him out on loan and see how he develops away from CR.

By the time he gets fit for 90 minutes of Championship football he'll be in line for his Bus Pass 

Interesting that McGoldrick was a sicknote for 4 years at 1p5wich and is now tearing it up at Blades. I hope Jarvis can get some gametime somewhere before he retires. 

Jarvis may still have something to offer for a few years yet. Sometimes when a player has had such a long lay off, it means their body has had such a chance to rest and rebuild, that it can mean they are stronger in some ways than they were before their injury. He may have a developed his mental perspective too

In that way I am looking forwards to seeing Thompson back again as he definitely seems to be strong mentally and itching to get back to his best, or even better.

27 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

You know what I meant 👍🏻

Not really. Isn't U23 professional?  And if he is fit enough to play in U23s then he cannot be far off a fitness level to enable him to challenge for a higher level.

U23s barely tackle. Jarvis will never deal with the physicality of the Championship. He's finished here. May possibly make the odd bench to comply with home grown rule.

U23s barely tackle. Jarvis will never deal with the physicality of the Championship. He's finished here. May possibly make the odd bench to comply with home grown rule.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Not really. Isn't U23 professional?  And if he is fit enough to play in U23s then he cannot be far off a fitness level to enable him to challenge for a higher level.

I could turn out for the U23s. Doesn’t mean I’m good enough for Championship football.

If he ever does get back into the team and maybe the FA Cup is an opportunity for him, he should get the biggest round of applause.  Not being able to do your job because of injury or incapacity is not something I'd wish on anybody.  Hope he keeps fit for a while now and can get back in contention.  The u23s is a stepping stone......a professional stepping stone  😉

Edited by lake district canary

22 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

If he ever does get back into the team and maybe the FA Cup is an opportunity for him, he should get the biggest round of applause.  Not being able to do your job because of injury or incapacity is not something I'd wish on anybody.  Hope he keeps fit for a while now and can get back in contention.  The u23s is a stepping stone......a professional stepping stone  😉

I admire your optimism and good wishes to the player, but with the competition ahead of him, and the fact his body must be fairly broken, I’d be shocked if he ever turned out for Norwich City again. And that’s also not factoring in the psychological affects this injury hell might have caused. The best of luck to Matt though 👍🏻

Edited by Hoola Han Solo