Sign in to follow this  
Bill

To Dai's goals

Quality play. We're pressing so high up the pitch nowadays, it's great to watch. Shame about the Krul spillage but he made amends late on.

• Like 1

their goal was offside

anyone watching Swansea Live would have had a chuckle or two over the pronunciations by the commentator

Boo wendy

Letner

Vran nick

Peekee

In the build up to our third, there is a brilliantly cushioned and well directed header from the small buendia. 

A friend of mine who's a Swansea season ticket holder reckons 17 and 27 ran the show. (Buendia and Tettey). 

Both absolutely superb. 

Buendia has been a revelation

So hats off to the club recruiting and coaching set ups

and to Emil himself who has probably played no small part in it either 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bill said:

their goal was offside

anyone watching Swansea Live would have had a chuckle or two over the pronunciations by the commentator

Boo wendy

Letner

Vran nick

Peekee

There was a great comment in the second half: "Norwich are a side who are not afraid to score goals" Discuss.

I suppose he meant... continue to attack* and not try to sit back on a lead"

* attack ?

surely you mean offend, be offensive

keep up with the hip jive, daddio

Edited by Bill

12 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

In the build up to our third, there is a brilliantly cushioned and well directed header from the small buendia. 

A friend of mine who's a Swansea season ticket holder reckons 17 and 27 ran the show. (Buendia and Tettey). 

Both absolutely superb. 

That header from Buendia was the highlight for me too, knew exactly what he wanted to do, executed it brilliantly and it led to a goal - perfection  🙂

• Like 1

Somewhat belatedly, Swansea have finally put up their highlights. Nearly nine minutes worth, gives you a much better idea of the build up to the goals. Amusingly, the commentator calls our striker Piku.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Recorded the Quest highlights and I was disappointed that they didn't really highlight anything of ours. Or have we become that outstanding that they take it as read.

On 24/11/2018 at 19:59, Chelm Canary said:

Not actually a header but a brilliantly delicate lay off on the turn with his chest (at least that's what it looks like to me).

On 24/11/2018 at 19:18, Bill said:

their goal was offside .......

If it was, there have been very few comments to that effect. Looked to me as if Max Aarons played the Swansea attackers onside. 

I thought Krul was a liability and then I saw how he dealt with that early Swansea free kick or rather didn't deal with it.  The Swansea goal needs no comment.  And the save at the end was far from inspiring.  Very lucky to retain his place simply because there are no other options. 

3 minutes ago, westcoastcanary said:

If it was, there have been very few comments to that effect. Looked to me as if Max Aarons played the Swansea attackers onside. 

stop the highlights (above) at 4min 54 secs and there are two if not three Swansea players off side

you would need a very, very lose interpretation of the rules to accept that they were not 'interfering with play'

I suspect at 4-1 City will not see any advantage in questioning this decision

had it have been the only goal I suggest there would have been 'comment'

You mean this frame?

image.png.da139f8319a0a8385ae9b202881a97b5.png

There are certainly two or three players ahead of Aarons as the ball enters the penalty box and almost certainly at the moment the ball was struck. Do they become onside when the goalie effectively passes it to them, though? My understanding of the nuances of off-side is not sufficiently detailed to know with any certainty.

44 minutes ago, Chip20 said:

You mean this frame?

There are certainly two or three players ahead of Aarons as the ball enters the penalty box and almost certainly at the moment the ball was struck. Do they become onside when the goalie effectively passes it to them, though? My understanding of the nuances of off-side is not sufficiently detailed to know with any certainty.

• gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:
  • rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent
  • been deliberately saved by any opponent
  • A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.

A ‘save’ is when a player stops, or attempts to stop, a ball which is going into or very close to the goal with any part of the body except the hands/arms (unless the goalkeeper within the penalty area).

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

seems to suggest 9 was - 3rd Swansea player from the right

15 hours ago, Chip20 said:

You mean this frame?

That shows two players definitely ahead of Aarons, but they are manifestly not interfering with play. The No 20, James, the eventual goal scorer, looks to be being played onside by Aarons. It is impossible to say from that image whether McBurnie was ahead of or  in line with Aarons when the ball was struck (though from the image it looks quite possible that he was at least in line). Since he appears to have waved his leg at the ball as it went past him, the linesman must have judged him onside at that point. I don't see how anyone can say it was certainly offside.