kick it off

NFL Thread

I think that was the best defensive touchdown I have seen in a very long time. Especially as it's against the Cowboys 🙂

7 hours ago, Surfer said:

I think that was the best defensive touchdown I have seen in a very long time. Especially as it's against the Cowboys 🙂

Shame about the rest of the game from my perspective.

I allowed myself to get sucked in week one but I'm ready to go back to my acceptance that 2021 isn't a real season for the Eagles.

On the plus side right now the Colts and Dolphins both stink and we have their first round picks. If this continues (and Wentz stays healthy to meet the conditions) we could be picking 3 times in the top 16.

32 minutes ago, Barking Mad Barclay Boy said:

just here to tell you i support the bears, and norwich. both sports are disappointing me...

Ouch.

I'd say the Bears need rid of Matt Nagy ASAP- that game v the Browns showed he has no idea how to use Fields. 

I apologise in advance as i joined this 25 pages in and have not read any posts.

Yes he needs to be shown the door, I'm surprised it has not happened yet, they are more brutal in NFL than they are in footy.

Fields IS a very good QB, Nagy made him look awful though. I see glimpses of this when you see amazing talent in footy go down the pan under a poor manager.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Beginning to despair for the Niners. All the good work being let down by the Offence.

Lance looked exciting, if raw from the small part I saw. Should be fun to watch him develop if nothing else.

3 hours ago, kick it off said:

Washington still mananging to lose winnable games badly. Same old, same old.

I still can't get my head around not looking for a proper qb this summer considering the surrounding talent on the roster. 

Looks like its the Cowboys division this year. 

4 hours ago, king canary said:

I still can't get my head around not looking for a proper qb this summer considering the surrounding talent on the roster. 

Looks like its the Cowboys division this year. 

To be fair Fitz is at least serviceable but the Washington curse got him almost immediately. Can't kick the can down the road any further though, we need to push the boat out for a QB next summer.

Edited by kick it off

Sooo… Raiders being the Raiders again. Gruden being forced to resign over e-mails. I wonder if it was the racist quotes, the half nude cheerleader pictures or the homophonic slurs and suggestion the Commissioner is gay that did it?

My money is on the latter, he’s a privileged white male and frat house boys mustn’t attack other frat house boys….

Edited by Surfer

8 hours ago, Surfer said:

Sooo… Raiders being the Raiders again. Gruden being forced to resign over e-mails. I wonder if it was the racist quotes, the half nude cheerleader pictures or the homophonic slurs and suggestion the Commissioner is gay that did it?

My money is on the latter, he’s a privileged white male and frat house boys mustn’t attack other frat house boys….

Somehow not shocked Gruden turned out to be an utter ****.

In some ways it might do the Raiders a favour. They'd signed him to a 10 year deal and I believe they'd not made the play-offs under him yet, alone looked like challenging for a Superbowl and after a good start to this season they've fallen back to 3-2 including losing to a not very good Bears team. It also seems the cult of personality around Gruden meant he was defacto GM too which explains some less than stellar drafting in recent years, particularly in the early rounds. Him being an awful bigot kind of gets them out without the need to have to fire a coach with 5 years left on his contract. 

Both the Eagles and Norwich being ****e did not make a great weekend. Wentz looking like his old self doesn't help either.

I'm ready to say Jalen Hurts isn't the guy- seems like a really good team mate and person but he is just too limited as a passer.

Garoppolo proving (again) why the Niner's spent so heavily on their first round QB pick.

Of course with the recent Niner's luck Lance is injured already. 

On 25/10/2021 at 18:43, Surfer said:

Garoppolo proving (again) why the Niner's spent so heavily on their first round QB pick.

Of course with the recent Niner's luck Lance is injured already. 

Yep. Not even training at the moment. Over a third of the way through the season and the injury list is massive.

Niners can't win at home and can't beat anyone in their division. Yet another disappointing season ahead. 5 losses in normally close to elimination already.

14 hours ago, Surfer said:

When do the head coach sackings start KG? Is Shanahan safe for a while? 

Well since Seifert, the only other winning coach was Harbaugh. Shanahan has a losing record. And others have only been given one season although Tomsula was a defensive coach promoted to Head. Still had a bad season though.

They have to stick with him for this season but I do wonder if some of his plays have been sussed out. The offence is awful.

Deebo double gives Niners first home win of the season and puts the Rams in their place. Can probably afford one more L before close season becomes out of reach.

Packers still making good progress despite a few injuries. My Wisconsin cousins will be pleased.

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Packers still making good progress despite a few injuries. My Wisconsin cousins will be pleased.

Its even colder there in Winter than Norfolk.

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Its even colder there in Winter than Norfolk.

I know, my cousin sent me photo's.

Has to dig his car out sometimes.

Edited by ricardo

On 22/11/2021 at 10:00, keelansgrandad said:

Niners still unbeaten on the road. What is it about Levis Stadium though?

It’s clearly the Curse of Candlestick KG. Should never have left our spiritual home - especially for that pile of nothingness called Levi stadium. 

It’s clearly the Curse of Candlestick KG. Should never have left our spiritual home - especially for that pile of nothingness called Levi stadium. 

Maybe they have excised the ghost Surfer. That is two home wins now. NFC West is upside down compared to ten years ago. Cardinals top and Seahawks bottom.