Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

DAVID HAYE V VITALI KLITSCHKO

[quote user="SHRIMPER"]Haye is only marginally better the one A Harrison. None of the current crop of heavyweights would last more than a round or two with some of the greats of a bygone era of only a very few years ago.
[/quote]

You obviously havn''t watched much boxing!

Undisputed Cruiserweight and only found one better in the heavies - Doesn''t compare to Audley who loses against any half decent fighter.

Its tough in the heavies when you are only 15st but fair play he had a go when he could have just sat at Cruiser and as the poster said above, he knows how to sell a fight, he doesn''t talk rubbish cos he''s an idiot, he does it because it can bring in extra people when there''s a bit of needle.

He''s a credit to boxing when entertainment has been a bit light on the ground apart from the light middles.

Its a shame but as he''s a Cruiser fighting at heavy its made him cautious so as not to get caught flush, but you would always wonder what would happen if he really went after Wlad and threw a few more.

I thought Haye would''ve done better than that tbh. It looked to me that after 6 rounds he couldn''t get through and started swinging wildly (and missing).

Oh well, lets just hope Derek Chisora or Tyson Fury can deliver the goods in the future.

[quote user="Downloads"] 

[/quote]

Well you could say I have not watched much boxing but there are people

on here who know me and know I have been involved with boxing for many

years. I have seen seen most of Coopers fights live god bless him over

the years and was there when he dumped CC on his arse. Been to 7 of

Ali''s fights. Most of the champions from these shores over the years

including Magri, both the Finnigan brothers, John Conteh, Brian London,

Jack Bodell and on and on and on. My love of boxing goes back nearly

sixty years to the time I started boxing for the Lynn Friars club and

the Lynn Regis club. Oh and I forgot to say that Ali was not the only

American fighter I have seen live, Floyd Paterson, Ken Norton, Liston,

Spinks, Tyson, thats just for starters. So yes compared to someone like

yourself I haven''t seen much at all.

So how could someone who has seen so much boxing say he''s no better than Audley, unless you truely don''t believe that and it was just a flippant comment?

I think you would struggle to find that view amongst most ex pros and pundits...

[quote user="Downloads"]

So how could someone who has seen so much boxing say he''s no better than Audley, unless you truely don''t believe that and it was just a flippant comment?

I think you would struggle to find that view amongst most ex pros and pundits...

[/quote]

Hey, its a Pink''un thing, we like to go O/T.

Ugh. Didn''t mean to quote myself.

Its also a Pink''un thing to moan about the lack of an edit button.

What I actually said was "Haye is only marginally better than one A Harrison." I did not say he was worse at all, and in my opinion, and it is only my opinion, he is only just better.

No thats fair enough, its true I did mis-quote you.

Still would like to see a rematch though maybe in the US or here if there was another heavyweight fight. Not sure who else would inspire me to turn on in the heavies. Can''t see Wlad wanting that though. Wouldn''t be that surprised to see the Klitschkos retire before Haye now they have all the belts.

[quote user="Downloads"]

He''s a credit to boxing when entertainment has been a bit light on the ground apart from the light middles.

[/quote]Couldn''t agree less on that point.  Saying that your fight will be "as one sided as a gang rape," using images of decapitated opponents, talking trash - there''s no credit to boxing in behaving like a nasty mouthy little thug.  I do give Haye credit for having a go at Klitschko, though the "sore toe" defence comes off more like a "sore loser" defence - if he doesn''t retire, I hope he goes back to Light Heavyweight where he is a natural and can let his skills do the talking instead of his idiot mouth.  Far from being a credit to boxing, I think he''s pretty much scum and was delighted to see Klitschko - a model professional who didn''t lower himself to Haye''s sewer-rat standards - teach him a boxing lesson.

Chops hit the nail on the head. Haye is an embarrassment.  After model British professionals like Bruno and Lewis, Haye destroys the fine British reputation of professionalism.  Good riddance Haye and may he be forgotten as fast as last night''s poor display.

Glad he got beat,can''t stick the bloke.All mouth when it comes to the big guys.Maybe now he might be a bit more civil to people,rather than act like such a tw*t.

Heavyweight division has been rubbish for years,it needs a new Tyson or something.

Bring back the Eubank-Benn fights :)

Would love to see Mayweather v Pacman but thats looking less and less likely.

I think is time to bring in a super heavy weight division to pro boxing, the weight difference in most of Klitschko''s fight is ridiculous.To change tact  a little -- Pay Per View -- Sky could not cope with demand last night, so replayed it free on box office today. WHY !If nobody paid for it Sky would stop asking for box office money. DON''T DO IT ! Loads of sites to watch it on line.   

[quote user="Downloads"]

[quote user="SHRIMPER"]Haye is only marginally better the one A Harrison. None of the current crop of heavyweights would last more than a round or two with some of the greats of a bygone era of only a very few years ago.[/quote]

Undisputed Cruiserweight and only found one better in the heavies - Doesn''t compare to Audley who loses against any half decent fighter.

Its tough in the heavies when you are only 15st but fair play he had a go when he could have just sat at Cruiser and as the poster said above, he knows how to sell a fight, he doesn''t talk rubbish cos he''s an idiot, he does it because it can bring in extra people when there''s a bit of needle.

Its a shame but as he''s a Cruiser fighting at heavy its made him cautious so as not to get caught flush, but you would always wonder what would happen if he really went after Wlad and threw a few more.

[/quote]Agree with all of that, people who hate on Haye for trash talking in the build of fights don''t understand boxing. Haye made this an even bigger fight than it would have been, call it bad sportsmanship if you want but that''s the nature of boxing, it''s not like any other sport because your smashing peoples face in for a living. Lets not forget the psychological aspect of Haye taunts on Wlad either, when your fighting a much bigger guy than you the last thing you want to come across as is intimidated by Wlads appearance, so hence the trash talking from Haye.

Well. I certainly hope we''ll do better than Haye against the big boys next season.

(Sorry for intruding folks)

OTBC

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"][quote user="Downloads"]

[quote user="SHRIMPER"]Haye is only marginally better the one A Harrison. None of the current crop of heavyweights would last more than a round or two with some of the greats of a bygone era of only a very few years ago.[/quote]

[/quote]Agree with all of that, people who hate on Haye for trash talking in the build of fights don''t understand boxing. Haye made this an even bigger fight than it would have been, call it bad sportsmanship if you want but that''s the nature of boxing, it''s not like any other sport because your smashing peoples face in for a living. Lets not forget the psychological aspect of Haye taunts on Wlad either, when your fighting a much bigger guy than you the last thing you want to come across as is intimidated by Wlads appearance, so hence the trash talking from Haye.

[/quote]There is trash talking and then there is looking stupid.  Haye is the latter.  One can talk up a fight, make things "personal" and do whatever they need to to sell tickets.  Its just that others who do it don''t come across as a turd.

Too right NYC nobody could talk a fight up better than the greatest, ALI. Not only could he talk a fight up but had a razor sharp mind also, something Haye could never be accused of having.

I thought that I had tuned in to Swan Lake or something.A couple of decent boxers?  More like a couple of ballet dancers and a crap ref.Seen harder punches thrown in the playground!