Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

To quote a well known TV personality

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]2 narrow defeats and a draw. Sack the board.[/quote]

Is nearly winning an acceptable result now?

Or should that be nearly not losing. Jesus

KeiranShikari wrote the following post at 18/08/2018 5:51 PM:

2 narrow defeats and a draw. Sack the board.

Have I missed something in the rules that rewards a narrow defeat but not a heavy one? Did we get more points than QPR today then??

Yes that’s true, but I’d rather be in Leeds or Wolves or Brighton or Forrest etc. Shoes, there’s always shite shoes as well as really nice shoes!

If you can''t see a difference between losing while looking clueless and unluckily losing a game you could just as easily have won (i.e. both) you are, frankly, an idiot. Clearly if the poor results lead to a loss of form and a spiral down, that''s a big but different issue, but after just 3 games? Get real.

A defeat is a defeat,it doesn''t matter how you dress it up.

No one said there wasn’t a difference did they? Both results produced the same number of points, none. Frankly if you can’t see that then you’re clearly an idiot....

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]If you can''t see a difference between losing while looking clueless and unluckily losing a game you could just as easily have won (i.e. both) you are, frankly, an idiot.[/quote]
Once and for all, we have not been unlucky.
What did every fan think last week when Rhodes passed that penalty to the goalie - unlucky or useless tw*t?
What did every fan think last week when Krul caught thin air - unlucky or useless tw*t?
What did every fan think this afternoon when we failed to score when we had 3 attackers in the clear versus their goalie - unlucky or useless tw*t?
What did every fan think this afternoon when we gave the ball away in our half in the 93rd minute and they scored their second goal - unlucky or useless tw*t?
Now, be honest, nobody thought "unlucky" in any of those situations, did they?
No, it''s not been down to luck, it''s been completely down to incompetence.

I left the ground after the West Brom game feeling that we had been unlucky tbh. It''s very rare that a team will make so many stupid mistakes all in 1 game.
Rhodes has scored loads of goals at this level, clearly not a useless tw@.
Krul has hundreds of PL games under his belt and has been to a world cup. Probably not a useless tw@
Tettey has proven to be a quality player here for years......

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]...so QPR losing 7-1 is precisely the same as us losing 2-1 in the 93rd minute? You can''t see a difference? Really?[/quote]

Maybe us losing 7-1 again would be a good thing, Just like the Colchester match,

[quote user="Making Plans"]
[quote user="Branston Pickle"]If you can''t see a difference between losing while looking clueless and unluckily losing a game you could just as easily have won (i.e. both) you are, frankly, an idiot.[/quote]
Once and for all, we have not been unlucky.
What did every fan think last week when Rhodes passed that penalty to the goalie - unlucky or useless tw*t?
What did every fan think last week when Krul caught thin air - unlucky or useless tw*t?
What did every fan think this afternoon when we failed to score when we had 3 attackers in the clear versus their goalie - unlucky or useless tw*t?
What did every fan think this afternoon when we gave the ball away in our half in the 93rd minute and they scored their second goal - unlucky or useless tw*t?
Now, be honest, nobody thought "unlucky" in any of those situations, did they?
No, it''s not been down to luck, it''s been completely down to incompetence.
[/quote]

you''ve listed a lot of individual errors. Now please tell me how Farke not being the manager at any of those moments would of stopped them from happening

Where did I say in those particular examples of failure that any of them were down to Farke. I was simply pointing out that we have not been unlucky because the individual players concerned have managed, for 2 weeks in a row now, to lose valuable points because of their own incompetence.

You didn''t, however, the fact that you have cited individual errors that have cost the team and are not blaming the manager for those does rather undermine your OP. Or were you suggesting Delia should sack the players?

I think that she should seriously consider her own position first and then, after she has gone, let somebody else sort the rest out.

How the defeats come about are largely irrelevant. There will always be a hard luck story or an individual error to blame. It’s very rare that we will sit here and say, you know what, we played to the best of our ability and the better team won. In the end all that matters is points on the board and results. It’s a always been that way and always will be. And given time this management team and project will be judged fairly on that

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]The implication from, i''ll call them ''kneejerkers'', is certainly that they can''t see the difference, absolutely.[/quote]

9 away games zero wins...kneejerkers? Second season of the "asked for revolution" see any improvement yet? It is only 3 games but it''s the same old sh*t week in week out. Complete ability to balance attack with defense, complete inability to defend set pieces and a team that misses far too many easy chances... It''s getting really really dull!

[quote user="Mike "][quote user="Branston Pickle"]The implication from, i''ll call them ''kneejerkers'', is certainly that they can''t see the difference, absolutely.[/quote]

9 away games zero wins...kneejerkers? Second season of the "asked for revolution" see any improvement yet? It is only 3 games but it''s the same old sh*t week in week out. Complete ability to balance attack with defense, complete inability to defend set pieces and a team that misses far too many easy chances... It''s getting really really dull![/quote]

Inability not ability...doh!