Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Bradley Johnson

Idle speculation really, perhaps based upon some few highly memorable occasions.

I notice that he was not even on the bench for Lampard''s Derby last night. He may have picked up a knock as he played at the week-end, but he is made of granite after all.

Would we like him back at Carrow Road (on the cheap?)

We have a wealth of midfielders for sure but are not abundant in the type of steel and determination that Bradders once brought to our team.

We haven''t much of that killer instinct presently in the squad, imo, and we do seem rather methodical and powder puff in our approach to games nowadays.

Of all of the likes of Fer, Snoddy and Howson, all midfielders sold on for decent amounts, Bradley Johnson is the one I would prefer to return in the yellow.

It would never be a case of ''Vorsprung Durch Technik'' for sure, but we''ve had a lot of that already and a bit of homegrown grit might not go amiss.

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"] We''re crying out for someone thoroughly unpleasant to play in midfield[/quote]
Plenty of candidates on the EU Brexit thread if you look. [:P][;)]

Having spoken to a number of Derby supporters about him, they would unanimously like us to take him back.

I don''t think he would fit anywhere in our team at the moment - his time is gone.

Loved BJ back in the day...

But his time with us was up when he left, not the right type of player for our side now as we need ball playing midfielders and his passing isn''t up there with the other options we have now. Besides, we have Thompson and Godfrey to come through the ranks this season so give them a chance first!

Cameron Jerome wasn''t featured in the Derby squad or on the bench either. Lanky Frampard has put him down the Derby strikeforce pecking order.....anyone fancy him back here as well?

I still don''t think we should have sold either, both had something to offer the club. BJ is a particularly sore one though, player of the season and fan favourite - replaced by Matt Jarvis who was probably on more money and has barely kicked a ball.

That said, the ship has sailed. As others have mentioned, it would be better to give players like Godfrey a chance rather than bringing back Jerome or BJ.

He can do a job as left midfielder/winger. When he played in that position he was good.

Would love him back - some much needed muscle and commitment in midfield.

Can’t see it happening, he’d frighten the rest of our soft midfield strollers.

Sorry to bump my own thread, but is anyone thinking what I''m thinking?

Our team is currently as soft as our man is softly spoken. We need some grit in there to combat this division.

We possibly have the easiest away match of the season coming up next week as they are where they are on lack of merit.

BUT, with it being a local derby with an intense atmosphere we will need some fighters.

The only real, real passion and fight I have noted from our team this season came from Zimmermann when he was brought on in the Carabou Cup. He would be the first on my team sheet next week for this alone

Although I would like to add, I do agree with you.

We need someone with B*llo*ks in midfield to put in a few tasty hits and scare some of these opponents off the ball.