Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

Farke is on borrowed time

............... of that worn out record
ps who is bottom of the table ?

Get a manager who can make the team more direct and sew up the defense. Not a German who will make the team soft as todays team. Need an arch type English kind of manager. The current style of football is way to sircumstantial and complicated, and you need very good footballers in this system to make it suceed. With a lot of players in the team on the Mark Fotheringham-level there is no chance of succeeding. A team needs to run, run, run, fight, fight and fight to win games! Will never suceed with this walking style of football in the current circumstances.

[quote user="Ben"]
............... of that worn out record
[/quote]

Yep, that''s the spirit, who cares if we go down as long as they finish below us?

Good grief 😫😫😫

Well let''s hope we beat that current bottom of the table club then.....If we don''t achieve an acceptable result, will that be indicative of how poor and ''out of sorts'' we are at this moment in time....?

[quote user="he"]Get a manager who can make the team more direct and sew up the defense. Not a German who will make the team soft as todays team. Need an arch type English kind of manager. The current style of football is way to sircumstantial and complicated, and you need very good footballers in this system to make it suceed. With a lot of players in the team on the Mark Fotheringham-level there is no chance of succeeding. A team needs to run, run, run, fight, fight and fight to win games! Will never suceed with this walking style of football in the current circumstances.[/quote]

Sam Allardyce is available. Would you still go and watch them?

[quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="he"]Get a manager who can make the team more direct and sew up the defense. Not a German who will make the team soft as todays team. Need an arch type English kind of manager. The current style of football is way to sircumstantial and complicated, and you need very good footballers in this system to make it suceed. With a lot of players in the team on the Mark Fotheringham-level there is no chance of succeeding. A team needs to run, run, run, fight, fight and fight to win games! Will never suceed with this walking style of football in the current circumstances.[/quote]

Sam Allardyce is available. Would you still go and watch them?[/quote]

Good god yes, I’d like it far far better than anything I’ve seen from current set up, it’s dullllllll

[quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="he"]Get a manager who can make the team more direct and sew up the defense. Not a German who will make the team soft as todays team. Need an arch type English kind of manager. The current style of football is way to sircumstantial and complicated, and you need very good footballers in this system to make it suceed. With a lot of players in the team on the Mark Fotheringham-level there is no chance of succeeding. A team needs to run, run, run, fight, fight and fight to win games! Will never suceed with this walking style of football in the current circumstances.[/quote]

Sam Allardyce is available. Would you still go and watch them?[/quote]

Good god yes, I’d like it far far better than anything I’ve seen from current set up, it’s dullllllll

Who cares what Nationality the manager is? It makes no difference at all. Farke needs a new keeper and a new right back ( at least he does if he doesn’t have enough confidence to play Aaron’s or Passlack there). He should then be able to get us back on track. The signing of Marshall and Passlack have not seemingly worked for the RB position and Pinto is a liability there.

Farke also needs to work out what he’s doing in defensive midfield if he’s going to persist with a back 4. My preference would be Thompson and Godfrey there as a pair ahead of Tettey and Trybull. Overall he’s been let down by player performances being below par. A new manager isn’t going to change this. Futhermore with so many additions this year we are still in a reboot situation. Farke has some niggles to address and most of these are unexpected niggles. Who would have though Krul would play so poorly? Who would have thought that neither Marshall nor Passlack could make the grade at RB? Or that Trybull and Tettey would lose their Mojo? Or even that Hanley would play below par once in a while?

At present we have a group with too many underperforming players in it. Players who think that ok is the standard to reach for or players who only play hard to win a contract. This year Farke isn’t dealing with outright dissent as he was with Nelson last year but with the slow corrosive ambivalence of a few players who are happy to pick up a pay check for an average effort. I’d like to see way more passion and hunger overall and we have seen that from some of the group but most crucially I’d like to see Farke remove those players who are simulating commitment before this approach becomes the accepted norm for the group. This won’t be easy.

Players histories should count for nothing. Yet so many managers find comfort in selecting those who seem on paper at least to be the best qualified. Crucially Farke needs to shift the focus to individual performance. Farke needs to put the monkey on the backs of his players. After all it is their performance that is the issue here.

The worry at RB is that we''ve added Passlack, Marshall and Aarons and have retained Pinto, but now seem to have a selection dilemma because none are actually suitable as a Championship fullback.

It''s ludicrous that the one player to have played RWB for us this year is Onel Hernandez against Preston.

The first 20 minutes against Leeds are what we are meant to be. It may be the case we just got outplayed by a very good manager. Fact of the matter is though, that we aren''t going to get anywhere when our defence is so easy to decipher.

The defence is weak as some others say but exactly what pressing do the players in front of them do to win the ball back, we never look like winning the ball from the opposition''s half? Tettey is the only one who gets stuck in and when out of form or fitness a reluctance by the manager to give Thompson and/or Godfrey a chance in the holding position just seems to me to make a bad situation worse. The whole team needs to be far more aggressive as soon as we give away opposition, but I think the manager doesn''t want that, he wants calm calculated control.

In both the West Brom and Leeds games we played excellent football for the first quarter of the match, but for some unknown reason we could not sustain it for the full 90 mins.

The early atmosphere in both those games was electric, just like the old days, and must surely have spurred the players on.

I can''t work out whether it Is a fitness problem and we cannot play at that pace for the full game, or perhaps it is a confidence problem because we haven''t been able to put ourselves in a match winning position.

What is clear is that Farke needs to sort it out soon or else the pressure for him to remain in charge might become too much. I get the impression sometimes that he treats football like a game of chess and he is trying to wait for the opposition manager to make a mistake. Unfortunately football is played on a pitch and the players don''t do what you expect them to.