Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Tonight's team & subs

Well done to Farke and The Team

we have a team of young players who are showing us they are not just ready to compete for first team but are there to stay

Happy with a point against one of the strongest in the Division But we are also showing we can compete or play better than the best which is the most pleasing thing of our recent run of results

Thankfully seem to have given up on the tippy tappy stuff and played some nice interchange football in the middle of the park and tried to move forward. Thought our main strengths were closing down Derby very quickly and winning many 50/50 balls. Neither side carried much of a threat up front but a game we largely dominated and should have won. We looked tired in the final 10 minutes. Probably a reflection of Championship Football this season as Tettey stood head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch.

Great second half and in the end we could have nicked it 0-1 but no disgrace to draw at Derby and because bit disappointed...we were controlled in possession and we have a nice shape about us. Wonder if we can get one or two fresh legs Saturday. Onwards and upwards.

Derby fan comment on Facebook - also complimentary

"There’s quite a few players in that Norwich side I know very little about, but they look a good well balanced side. The 2nd best attacking side I’ve seen this season (after Leeds) yet also compact at the back. They will be disappointed not to be coming away with 3pts."

Always feel that the autumn part of a season in this day age is extremely hard to stay unbeaten in between each international break, you have 6, 7 or 8 league games with cup games to, in a short 3 week or so period. That makes this run all the more impressive, especially after the disapointing first few games plus  a fair few injuries to. But from somewhere DF  has found a settled, confident, believing team and squad amidst all that and are delivering on the pitch.
Still not the perfect article (but is it ever in football?) and of course we will get the odd hiccup, but tonight at Derby was yet more reason to believe we dont just have a squad who can finish in the top half this season, but can vie for a top 6 place come end season. OTBC.

Shame we just took the foot of the gas - ever so slightly, but it was there - after we scored. Didn''t sit back, but lost a teensy bit of concentration & effort to win the ball back.

Quite understandable though, as our players must have been tiring; Teemu was utterly cream crackered for the last few minutes. I have to say I don''t think he''ll keep up his recent goal scoring exploits, he doesn''t have that necessary arrogance to be a top striker (I think he''s fundamentally quite shy, something Celtic fans remarked upon).

The youngsters looked back on top form again today, which was excellent news. On reflection, if you''re going to have an off day, better against Wigan than Derby!

And I can''t wait to hear Rivo''s commentary against Stoke!