Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Look at what you could have won

Next week we will see what we could have won ,Steve Bruce manager ,Snodgrass,lansbury,and even grabben who has scored a few goals with them,all in front of the sky cameras .

Could be embarrassing.

Gloating is never a good look. It inevitably comes back to bite you on the aris.

Its the reality though....

Lets look at it, Villa were in the same boat as us at the start of the season, end of parachute payments, huge wage bill, and high expectations from the fans.

That unfortuantely is were the similarity ends...

what happened next is the 2 clubs took differing views

We pissed our pants and decided we couldnt risk not balancing the books despite being one of the few clubs in the football league that isnt in debt.

Opted for a mass clear out of dead wood (otherwise known in footballing circles as talented squad members on big wages) and decided we''d ''play safe'' and go for cheap as chips unknowns, pay them peanuts and cross our fingers

Villa on the other hand decided the lure of the premier league was to great to resist and that it really was now or never with the vast sums of money newly relegated clubs would be coming down with this season(virtually a voucher to buy a place back in the top flight) and so the board showed courage and conviction rolled the dice and spent big, bringing in some talented, highly experienced pro''s....

So if I can be arsed to go next weekend and it has become a real chore (call me plastic if you like, the seats paid for all year and next....difference is age and life experience has taught me not to waste a minute on things I dont enjoy) I shall be looking on in envy and wondering what might have been ?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]They have another years parachute payments.[/quote]Plus an owner supposedly worth close to a billion.

Villa did most of their spending last season but didn''t shit themselves in the summer as they know having an owner who can afford to subsidise the club gave them a larger margin for error.

But apparently they were a laughing stock last season and an example of why foreign ownership was bad.

Wouldn''t want Snodgrass back makes Naismith seem like my grannies favourite dead moggy.

How we all gloated when we re-sold Grabban to Bournemouth and at such a profit. If only we knew in hindsight as he would now likely get more goals per season than Oliveira, Sbreny and Watkins combined.

Wasn''t Lansbury a loan?

Of course we could dig deeper. Even Pilkington scored for Cardiff coming off the bench. Another no thank you.

[quote user="Yellowhammer"]Next week we will see what we could have won ,Steve Bruce manager ,Snodgrass,lansbury,and even grabben who has scored a few goals with them,all in front of the sky cameras .

Could be embarrassing.[/quote]

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

I can assure you I still sat and watched with envy.....

Our season is over and has been for weeks Villa still have the play offs to look forward too so I guess their season rolls on for another 3 weeks after we are all on the beach

Just had my humble pie after my roast dinner very nice thank you ,still would not mind being in top six .but teach me to wait until match .typical city though

[quote user="Baywing"]I can assure you I still sat and watched with envy.....

Our season is over and has been for weeks Villa still have the play offs to look forward too so I guess their season rolls on for another 3 weeks after we are all on the beach[/quote]
You may have have envied the position they are in but if you watched their performance ( given what they have spent ) it would take a fool to be envious. 
In any event, I had difficulty understanding your earlier comment, quote, "So if I can be arsed to go next weekend and it has become a real chore (call me plastic if you like, the seats paid for all year and next....difference is age and life experience has taught me not to waste a minute on things I dont enjoy) I shall be looking on in envy and wondering what might have been ?"
If age and life experience has taught you not to waste a minute on things you don''t enjoy doesn''t it seem a little foolish to pay for your seat, then suggest you may not be arsed to go because you don''t enjoy it ( perhaps you sat home and watched  it anyway even though you claim not to enjoy it ). Did you enjoy our victory or has age and life experience taught you not to enjoy that as well?