Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

The half time Boooooo

keelansgrandad wrote the following post at 02/01/2018 3:49 PM:

I find it strange that something as relatively unimportant as booing from a reasonably small section of the crowd by all accounts is becoming an albatross around peoples necks.

That some people have chosen to select the age old method of showing disapproval is way down on the list.

It reminds me of people posting that insteadof posting negative things on here, they should "get behind the team" and post positively.

People get what they want out of football and supporting their club and don''t need a sermon on how to behave. Booing is not a big deal.

Chucking bananas at John Barnes was.

Spot on Keelan. What an absolute nonsense to suggest you can''t boo at a football game. In fact I boo''ooooed rather more "0"''s than the OPs suggests. Perhaps the OP could give us guidance on what we can say and in what context , during the game , because of course we are all entirely rational whilst watching NCFC.

I should tell you that as well as booing , I also wore a new hat , bought for me by my daughter. In my world of irrational support of NCFC , not only did the booing help change the game, far more importantly my hat gave us the edge. My hat has lead us out of the doldroms to seeing us gain 7 pts our of 9 since I first wore it on Christmas day.

When the hat loses its magic , I might revert to the beard that secured us promotion in 2004, but definitely not the bloody silk scarf that saw us lose twice at Wembley in the 70''s. In fact thinking about it I didn''t shave yesterday either so that might have nicked the win.

I boo, stamp, cheer , scream , laugh, cry, wear a hat, don''t wear a hat based on whatever irrational mood takes me at any given time during a football match.

That''s what being a football fan is all about isn''t it? Imagine having the self control and conscious processes of the OP. Bet he is fun at parties.

Come on RB. I think they want names here.

Totally agree with those that have said game was like so many games at home this season.

The stats show we played ok in almost every home game yet we still go behind when on top far to regularly. I didn''t boo because have seen the same game and have become indifferent to results.

Enjoyed their goal, great strike but also enjoyed a comeback win. Nice to walk home on a bit of a high.

How are we supposed to respond with the football we have seen this season. We look at best a mid table team.

Yes I get that RB. I know it has been a far from perfect season, in so many ways. So why didn''t people really let the Manager/Board now their feelings from the start?

Sometimes, it s down to luck (Morison''s strike) but even after that, all was not lost at that point. Well I say that, it obviously was for some............

Sorry if I''m sounding facetious on some posts but it is a flipping miserable January day down here and I have nothing better to do now I''ve sorted out the ironing than to keep reading posts and use some inspiration for mirth.

Can we at least agree that they were three cracking goals?

I have been as fervent as anyone on here, in my past years, and it may because of what has happened with my life, that, although I am deeply frustrated that we were so close (over the last few years) to being an established Prem side, and we are now rolling around Mid-Championship, I really do/did not see the point in booing yesterday.

What? Why didnt people boo from the start?

Does that really need answering?

Maybe people were letting the game develop, and once again it drifted into the exact same pattern we have seen all season. Thats what people were unhappy about.

If you go around other grounds of Championship clubs with Premiership aspirations and see what warrants a half-time booing there you''d realise how hilariously ridiculous it is that people have a bee in their bonnet over yesterday''s booing.

As ricardo said, when I boo, I do it as a means of releasing frustration, the source of which is inevitably the players on the pitch or the coaching staff. It''s an instinctive thing; I don''t analyse the first-half performance in detail and contemplate whether it''s warranted. It''s an impulsive reaction at the moment the whistle is blown.

And I don''t get this idea that we were awesome. We were playing against the second worst away performing side in the league. Yes we dominated possession, just as we did in the first Millwall fixture (70% in our favour) and look how that turned out.

And it only really translated into three real threats at goal. One a donkey-miss by Oliviera and two speculative shots, one impressive, the other made to look so by a needless, for-the-cameras dive by a keeper who could probably have stood still and caught the thing.

If large swathes of our crowd were satisfied with that then good grief our standards have completely and utterly plummeted.

1-0 down against the second worse travellers in the league who average a goal every 216 minutes away from home. Because we had most of the possession, created one clearcut opportunity and forced the keeper to make two saves, one brilliant, one routine, then they should be applauded.

I''m genuinely stunned at this attitude, and slightly concerned at the wilful acceptance of abject mediocrity.

I would certainly say that yesterday''s 1st half was a massive step up than say the Burton and Sheff Wed games, for a start.

I''m not a percy positive ALL the time (as explained before), but there was a lot right (an some wrong) with our game, up to Millwall''s goal, and I am also the biggest advocate of people not taking their chances in life/missed opportunities/regrets etc, so please don''t put me down as someone who blithely accepts abject mediocrity, as you plainly are not reading my posts

The way I see it Crabby you''re trying to find a logical reason for something that''s illogical. I don''t think you''ll find one. I''m pretty sure if  Morison''s shot had hit the top of the stand like Nelson''s did the previous game there would have been no booing at half-time. People would have had the feeling that we were on top and likely to win the game. But Morison hit the target and it''s frustrating to be a goal down, especially one that''s scored just before half-time. Frustration is probably the cause of most booing. Last week the attendance got booed. It seemed crazy but apparently the reason for the boos was "the way the attendance is calculated". This week the attendance was calculated in exactly the same way but there were no boos. You won''t find any logic whatsoever behind that. But if we''d have been losing the attendance would almost certainly been booed again out of frustration. I''m sure the players understand this but as long as they don''t get criticised for cupping their hand to their lug if they turn it around then it''s all good.
Just imagine you''re at the panto Crabby. It''s not always a big stretch.... 
[;)]

''The way I see it Crabby you''re trying to find a logical reason for something that''s illogical''

Or just trying to find illogical reasoning for something that was has been explained fairly logically going by what most people on this thread have said...

Booing is all part of the experience. Sometimes you have to voice your frustration even if it is pretty pointless.

[quote user="ricardo"]Booing is all part of the experience. Sometimes you have to voice your frustration even if it is pretty pointless.[/quote]
Agreed Rickyyyyyy[Y]
You''ll have to make allowances for and explain the logic so that I can understand it Rogue. 
Like I said, I understood the logic behind booing the way the attendance is calculated for the Brentford game. Or I thought I did until it wasn''t booed yesterday. 

As I said, the logic has been said by multiple posters on this thread. I cant be bothered to go through it again.

Whether people agree/disagree with that logic is a separate argument.

As for booing the attendance, nobody has mentioned it other than you on this thread so I have no interest in arguing that.

Well if it doesn''t make a difference it''s even more illogical SOB. I would say it''s logical as a means of venting frustration. The players would have been saved being booed off if their goal had been a contested PK. Logically our performance would have been the same. But the ref would have coppped for the frustration.

The reason that attendance wasn''t boo''d yesterday I guess was because it was close to the correct number, I''m lead to believe for the Brentford it was clear to everyone at the game there were thousands of empty seats (I wasn''t there so don''t know numbers) yet the club claimed the attendance near maximum to blow smoke up its own backside about how many tickets for the game had been sold.

Crabby, twice in this thread you described Morisons goal as lucky or freak goal, was it a freak goal when he did the same thing in front of the Barclay against Arsenal (maybe)? He''s a professional footballer and more than capable when the defence back off him like ours did, he picked his spot and left gunn with no chance, nothing lucky about it so stop kidding yourself

Had we have gone in at half time 0-0 I still would have boo''d as I''m fed up of the crap slow football we''ve been served at home all season, the need for all of the back four to have touched the ball before advancing the half ways line is a joke at home, might work away but all it does at home is give the opposition time to line up, the fact Farke still hasn''t worked that out is the most worrying thing

It was a ''freak'' goal, because it wasn''t as a result of good Millwall build up, play, nor was it rank bad defending by us. Any professional footballer, would have had half a notion to hit a ball, like that one had sat up, as a bit of a ''chance'' .

To be fair DDD I thought there were more empty seats yesterday. But maybe not in the areas the attendance was booed. 
I don''t have a problem with folk venting frustration. My only point is it''s usually illogical. Like with the attendance against Brentford being the straw that broke the camel''s back. If the continual passing around the back four was the cause then wouldn''t that have been booed? That would be logical. I''m tempted sometimes...
I loved last season. 55 goals for and 22 against. We will probably not see a home record like that again. But there were still plenty of boos if we weren''t winning at half-time. Frustration again. Primarily because of our away form and nothing to do with what was happening on the pitch.

We are stronger in the second half. It''s deliberate and Farke has quoted the stats often. We have scored 8 goals in the first half of games and 18 in the second halves. Our most prolific period is 76-90 mins where we''ve scored 9 and conceded 4. 

It was boo''d Eddie, when Maddison passed it back to the keeper

As for Crabby you could get in an argument with yourself and still lose, if you want to call it a freak goal keep sounding like a muppet, he picked his spot and finished perfectly and if it was so against the run of play why was the game 0-0?

Great deliberate tactics by Farke, what we''ll do boys is look rubbish for the first 75 minutes and then hit them, that way we can finish lower mid table in the league, all together, yay!