Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

The half time Boooooo

Fiery Zac wrote the following post at 2018-01-01 11:10 PM:

I don''t expect boos. How does that help?

I think dear chap you are watching the wrong sport! Try hockey.

How does that help!

[quote user="City 2nd"]Fiery Zac wrote the following post at 2018-01-01 11:10 PM:

I don''t expect boos. How does that help?

I think dear chap you are watching the wrong sport! Try hockey.

How does that help![/quote]

Thanks for your input dear chap.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]If you think we played well in the first half you were watching a different game to me, first 15 minutes maybe, next half hour flat and slow just like most of the season[/quote]

Interesting how the majority of the highlights came from the first half. I watched a game we controlled throughout, created more chances at home than I''ve seen all season and deservedly won. There was absolutely nothing in the first half performance to boo and ''fans'' should find another way to vent their frustration with the overall season rather then disrespect a solid performance thus far in the match.

I go to a game to support my team. If I feel frustrated I will voice it, if a team needs encouragement I will voice it and if a team deserves respect I will voice and show it. The team deserved support but more simply, respect. Shame on those that didn''t show it.

Huge misgivings about the future if the club but short term the team looking more effective with tetty and trybul. Maddison and Pritchard catching the eye the defence pinto apart looking good. What things will look like cone next summer is anyone''s guess

The only (small) boo I let out was when Morison decided to turn away from celebrating, towards his bench, and cup his hand on his ear, and run to the corner of the City Stand/ River End. He''d had a decent applause at the start, as well!

Glad we cleared that up, players do respond to the crowd, but only when it''s positive encouragement.

I think it''s hilarious this thread even exists. We started this season with ambitions for the playoffs and with a glimmer of hope at the top two, aspirations deemed reasonable by the bookmakers who I believe almost universally had up as 4th favourites for the title.

Bar a brief spell based on solid defence and a derby win, there has been very little to cheer about. And more than that, performances, particularly at home, have been atrocious. Goals make games exciting, and last year whilst the results were less than hoped, we were being served up a gluttony of goals which quelled the frustrations that provoke boos.

This season there''s been no such entertainment. Games have been dull as dishwater and goals have been as rare as hen''s teeth.

So, with that as a backdrop, you are actually surprised and disappointed at half time boos when a team who haven''t won away all season are leading us?! I know it was a fortuitous lead but the idea that we were amazing in spite on the scoreline is bizarre.

My cousin and Uncle are Villa season ticket holders. It''s not uncommon to hear half-time boos at Villa Park even when they''re not losing. There have been half-time grumbles at table-topping Wolves this season if they go into the changing rooms without a lead.

And we have Norwich fans aghast at booing at a moment in the season marked by massive underachievement when they were losing against, and I''ll reiterate, a team who have failed to win away all season.

No wonder the little old Norwich idea exists.

The pasties at Redruth rugby club are some of the finest in the world, played there a couple of times as a youth and after a hard game there is no better thing in life, much better than the fried whatever with chips we used to get after home games

Get your boots out and come to Camborne. Mrs KG''s pasties are renowned all over the South West. And Son and Daughter in Laws buffets and after match meals are proper cooked meals.

Redruth didn''t even cater for our Reserves after the Boxing Day local derby.

One thing I do miss since moving from Devon are the pasties, pretty sure we would have played camborne on one of the Cornwall tours might even have had you guys up to tiverton for a game, I''ve not played for near 20 years so probably best kept that way now, that''s a bit rubbish they didn''t put food on bet the lads weren''t impressed

Booing becoming more common is the result of the Engish losing their old fashioned national trait of not wanting to express negative emotions in public, stemming from victorian times. It took a long time, but it is now ok for men to cry and show their emotions - and booing for me is just that - crying out because people haven''t got what they want.  Perhaps "waaaa" would be a more appropriate noise to make......

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]So it''s ok you you to show frustration when you want but shame on anyone who does it when you disagree?

You Zak are a grade A bell sniff[/quote]

Did I say I vocalised my frustration as booing? Did I say booing was always unacceptable?

You''re just proving you''re not reading my posts correctly.

Class ending to your post though, bravo.

"Booing becoming more common is the result of the Engish losing their old fashioned national trait of not wanting to express negative emotions in public, stemming from victorian times. It took a long time, but it is now ok for men to cry and show their emotions - and booing for me is just that - crying out because people haven''t got what they want.

Perhaps "waaaa" would be a more appropriate noise to make......"

LDC- I''d say it is a bit early to be putting out contenders for ''absolute dumbest post of 2018'' but each to their own.

Seems a few feathers have been ruffled.

There are many frustrations about this season. The first half performance yesterday wasn''t one of them. The players didn''t deserve being booed off, did they? Really?

My OP was about those around me and their satisfaction of the first half changing after a wonder strike into boos for the players and coachs''. It was hypocritical, unjust, disrespectful and made them look plain silly....IMO.

One of my favourite parts of online discourse.

OP- ''Other people did something I didn''t like enough for me to post about it on the internet''

Others- Disagree

OP- Will it seems your feathers have been ruffled! Mine of course were not at all ruffled by those booing...''

Where did I say my feathers haven''t been ruffled?

As you say I thought that was pretty self explanatory from the fact I created the post in the first place.

I''m moulting all over the place.

So to sum up this nonsense thread...

We played at home against a team that haven''t won away all season. Just like most other home games we have dominated the ball without forcing the other teams defence to really work. The only notable saves were from shots from distance. again we are losing to a team that have created nothing.

Unhappy fans are seeing the same story play out. After all we have only won 3 home games all season. They boo at half time. Not really sure what you were expecting, and you haven''t really said what you expected fans to do.

It obviously didn''t affect the players as they came out and won the game with a much improved performance.

Booing becoming more common

Sorry LDC. Have to disagree with that one.

Booing has always been a part of football matches. Some lighthearted when the half time lucky numbers winner was called out. Other times more "spiteful?" shall we say when opposition teams were read out.

Peter Osgood got everything including the proverbial kitchen sink when he played at Carrow Road.

Maybe today''s supporter thinks he is more PC and sophisticated but if he is thinking it anyway, what is the difference?

Usually in the form of encouragement, loud supportive encouragement. I find booing serves little purpose and doesn''t benefit the team.

There have been a lot of players unhappy with the treatment they''ve received from fans. The majority laugh it off or excuse it by comparing it with passion. I don''t want to be one of those fans that disrespects a player or whole team without good reason. If there is good reason then fair enough (I stayed behind after the charlton match to bo and chant Roeder) but my whole point on this thread was that the booing was uncalled for after the first half display and the team needed and deserved support.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]So to sum up this nonsense thread...

We played at home against a team that haven''t won away all season. Just like most other home games we have dominated the ball without forcing the other teams defence to really work. The only notable saves were from shots from distance. again we are losing to a team that have created nothing.

Unhappy fans are seeing the same story play out. After all we have only won 3 home games all season. They boo at half time. Not really sure what you were expecting, and you haven''t really said what you expected fans to do.

It obviously didn''t affect the players as they came out and won the game with a much improved performance.[/quote]

I have answered any question posed to me.

So it''s ok to boo as long as it doesn''t affect the players? I have more integrity than that.

[quote user="king canary"]@Rogue

What you are missing is that if we hadn''t booed we''d have won 4-1...or something.[/quote]

No apparently the booing was what was responsible for the turnaround. What we should have done in the 2nd half instead of getting behind the team was to carry on booing....then we''d have won at least 4-1.

The idea that being booed off spurred the team on is no more ridiculous than your idea that cheering them off would have helped.

Fans of every club have always booed poor results, especially when it is an ongoing trend and not a one off. Not really sure what you don''t understand about that.

The booing isn''t because of a one-off performance, its because we had seen a repeat of virtually every other home game this season barring 2 games...

[quote user="king canary"]The idea that being booed off spurred the team on is no more ridiculous than your idea that cheering them off would have helped.[/quote]

Disagree. After a good performance from all players (Oliveira was hit and miss), hearing boos would probably just have made them think what idiots there are in the stands. I have no doubt they would have appreciated the support more.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Fans of every club have always booed poor results, especially when it is an ongoing trend and not a one off. Not really sure what you don''t understand about that.

The booing isn''t because of a one-off performance, its because we had seen a repeat of virtually every other home game this season barring 2 games...[/quote]

It wasn''t a result, it was half time.

That was the best first half performance I''ve seen at Carrow rd this season. Vent frustrations about the season in some other way or at the end of the game. During the match the team needs support and fully deserved it yesterday.