Sign in to follow this  
Coq au vin

Are you a fan or a mouse?

JF, I think only the OP is really qualified to answer the question you keep asking. My guess would be that he means we should be mindful that we''ve had to get rid of a lot of overpaid ex-Prem players and replace them with new players at a fraction of the cost and a fraction of the wage budget, and thus we should be mindful that such transition is unlikely to yield results overnight. Just a guess, of course.

But none of that excuses such a poor showing against Burton Albion at home, if you think it does Feedthewolf then fine, personally I do not. I will live with the moaner tag if it is directed at me, or the mouse tag, it will not stop me expressing an opinion on the team I support, Daniel Farke needs to quickly rethink his strategy, because we cannot afford to be losing points at home, particularly as our away form is so poor.....

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]But none of that excuses such a poor showing against Burton Albion at home, if you think it does Feedthewolf then fine, personally I do not. I will live with the moaner tag if it is directed at me, or the mouse tag, it will not stop me expressing an opinion on the team I support, Daniel Farke needs to quickly rethink his strategy, because we cannot afford to be losing points at home, particularly as our away form is so poor.....[/quote]But didn''t he rethink his strategy after everyone (quite rightly) complained that we''d shipped eight goals in two away games? Now he has kept back-to-back clean sheets, so surely that shows a change in strategy? The way we''ve played in the last two games has definitely changed to address our defensive inefficiencies.The performance against Burton was pretty poor from an attacking perspective, I agree. But the guy has had seven games to implement a new philosophy with a whole load of new players – give him a chance!

On balance I would have to say a mouseLikes cheese, don''t like cats and even went out with a girl called Minnie for somewhile

............... though she rather prefered to be known as someone of restricted growth and not the nickname I gave her

JF Where we came from? Division 1, Championship mid-table mediocrity as most would call it. Being realistic I feel we''re exactly where we should be. Our fans at times seem as entitled as the Villains or Toon Army.

Read into "where we came from" as you see fit but that''s my take. And thanks for the critique, I appreciate your well considered contributions.

So you''ve taken the lowest point that the club has been at for 50 years and are using that as the benchmark? Ignoring that we''ve spent 4 of the last 6 seasons before this one in the PL. It''s little wonder our owners get such an easy ride if this is how we are to judge the club

Yeah and now we''re not in the Premier League. Everything is cyclical. I''m just being realistic given our financial circumstances. Focussing on that for a second and just that, this root/branch restructure was to ensure some form of stability for the future. Albeit probably in the Championship. But take a look at it JF, the Championship isn''t the crock it once was. I do agree we''ll be one of the poorer clubs in this league but ultimately realistic expectations should be adopted but they wont be and that''s what makes the debate so interesting.

Fans have short memories.  Only eight years ago we were a basket case, millions of pounds in debt, a team full of loanees and having practically been given a last chance saloon by the banks to get us a few players in for the 2009 season.  We were rock bottom in many ways then, not now. At the very least the relative health of the club compared to eight years ago is something that is positive.  We are where we are. We are the club we are - and thank goodness for it.

I am more concerned that we should be talking of keeping a clean sheet at home to a really average Burton Albion side as if it is a positive. It was two points dropped.

Farke needs to be instilling a little more positivity into the team, not making them afraid to cross the halfway line when a chance to counter attack presents itself.

I accept that there will games where we need to defend and be cautious, Burton at home was not one of those games, it is as simple as that.......

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well I know a plastic fan can keep you cool in the summer but I''m struggling to see a positive in a plastic mouse.[/quote]It can be jolly handy when you want to move the cursor around the screenand a fan can also keep the pooter from overheating as wellremarkable what you can learn isn''t it ?

We probably have the worst squad since we got promoted from league 1. last season was frustrating but we have gone backwards from then both in terms of squad and results. Things may improve but on the other hand we have not played a top half side. We will not get relegated this season but are on course for bottom half

[quote user="Hercules Parrot"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Well I know a plastic fan can keep you cool in the summer but I''m struggling to see a positive in a plastic mouse.[/quote]It can be jolly handy when you want to move the cursor around the screenand a fan can also keep the pooter from overheating as wellremarkable what you can learn isn''t it ?[/quote]
Talking of pooters I could have done with a plastic mac last Saturday[st]

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]I am more concerned that we should be talking of keeping a clean sheet at home to a really average Burton Albion side as if it is a positive. It was two points dropped.

Farke needs to be instilling a little more positivity into the team, not making them afraid to cross the halfway line when a chance to counter attack presents itself.

I accept that there will games where we need to defend and be cautious, Burton at home was not one of those games, it is as simple as that.......[/quote]But you were concerned that we were shipping goals two weeks ago. Are you basically saying that unless we win and keep a clean sheet, Farke isn''t good enough? We all know it wasn''t great on Tuesday, but are you seriously not prepared to make allowances for the fact that he''s new to the job and the country? There are only two teams in a game of football, and a maximum of one can win. Every team in the world - and certainly every team in this crazy division - is going to have ups and downs. Keep your powder dry for a few more weeks and let''s see where we are.

I think people are understandably struggling with the concept of going from getting an unlikely win against manchester United less than 2 years ago to looking at the positives from a 0-0 draw at home to Burton.

Im not in that camp really but can understand those that are.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Hercules Parrot"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Well I know a plastic fan can keep you cool in the summer but I''m struggling to see a positive in a plastic mouse.[/quote]It can be jolly handy when you want to move the cursor around the screenand a fan can also keep the pooter from overheating as wellremarkable what you can learn isn''t it ?[/quote]
Talking of pooters I could have done with a plastic mac last Saturday[st]
[/quote]This is what you needStylish and multi usealso plays a selection of hits" raindrops don''t keep failing on my head no more ".. and many more[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/mrjug2/media/7cf6ebee731761e387b7470d0f058fec--rain-bonnet-bonnets_zpsmqbwmyqg.jpg.html][IMG]http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz288/mrjug2/7cf6ebee731761e387b7470d0f058fec--rain-bonnet-bonnets_zpsmqbwmyqg.jpg[/IMG][/URL]available from all leading retailers *

* not John Collier