Sign in to follow this  
Coq au vin

Are you a fan or a mouse?

What I love is this:

"we''re crap at defending, we''re going to get relegated at this rate" to "we can''t score, don''t care about clean sheets. we''re going to get relegated at this rate"

7 games in. Seven. 7. Let me repeat that with caps on for effect SEVEN. We''ve been spoilt by the Premier League, stop being so whiney and remember where we came from.

Where we came from? I remember League One and Division 2 in the 70s!

All this "where we came from" is utter bollox in a realistic conversation!

You''re perfectly right Morgan, after 7 games we have exactly half the points of those at the top. We are absolute on target for mid-table mediocrity!

We are going backwards at a rate of knots. The board are a busted flush and struggling to compete with teams in a league we should be doing well with.

We have been told to embrace change when we only needed a new CB and better manager from last season to remain a top club. Instead we sold talent and purchased, for peanuts, sub standard players.

Being a fan doesnt mean refusing to criticise a club when it fails its fans.

Well DCB , one thing a Norwich City fan will have to accept , is that the owners don''t have the money to compete with the rich clubs... That has become the main thing about modern football...

They are trying to change something and are asking for patience...but the main reason we are in this position is clear...owners aren''t rich enough, we have to sell our best players to be able to buy... Frustrating...

If the owners were the true fans they claim to be, they would hold their hands up and admit they are struggling and look for outside investment rather than this crap about being a community club under their tenure!

As DCB states they are a busted flush and if they continue burying their heads in the sand they will take us back to League One, somewhere we went before under their tenure but a lot of people seem to have conveniently forgotten!

I''m a fan/supporter of the club, and wish for success, and understand players come and go, that''s football.

My understanding is the players we moved on were too expensive, and we couldnt sustain that expenditure given our league status, and ceasing of parachute payments etc.

However, what I do expect as a fan/ season ticket holder is entertaining, and players, irrespective of ability putting in an effort and playing to the best of their ability, and showing some passion. That was very much not in evidence last night, bar maybe Wes and Pinto, (& wildschut when he came on).

I''ve been watching football for 40+ years, and last night was the first time I left before then end, ever, it was that boring and poor.

Early days of transition? I accept that, but I''d like to see a few green shoots of which direction the team is going.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]If the owners were the true fans they claim to be, they would hold their hands up and admit they are struggling and look for outside investment rather than this crap about being a community club under their tenure![/quote]Just like the outside investment that''s done wonders for the likes of Villa and Sunderland....oh....wait....

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]We are going backwards at a rate of knots. The board are a busted flush and struggling to compete with teams in a league we should be doing well with.

We have been told to embrace change when we only needed a new CB and better manager from last season to remain a top club. Instead we sold talent and purchased, for peanuts, sub standard players.

Being a fan doesnt mean refusing to criticise a club when it fails its fans.[/quote]
What tangible outcome does criticising the club when it fails its fans achieve for you then, DCB?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Baldyboy"]If the owners were the true fans they claim to be, they would hold their hands up and admit they are struggling and look for outside investment rather than this crap about being a community club under their tenure![/quote]Just like the outside investment that''s done wonders for the likes of Villa and Sunderland....oh....wait....[/quote]

This shite again hey?

Or maybe like Leicester or Man City?

As is said so often for every good there is bad isn''t there?

Whether you are for or against the present owners selling the fact is they simply do not have the finances to take us to the next level do they?

So the choice is gamble and maybe just maybe it''s a success or stick and stagnate, everybody has a view but all you do Indy is bring out the tripe about the failures every time because you are in favour of our current owners, which is your right but not everybody wants to just Plod along doing nothing, some of us actually fancy seeing us take a chance, but unless you have a crystal bal you don''t know how it will turn out if we take that chance, whereas if we stay with the present ownership some of us think it''s heading down a bad path.

So maybe for once you could come out with a sensible answer rather than just quoting a couple of bad ownership changes, maybe you could actually back up why it would be a disaster with some real facts for once?

I don''t understand how you can complain about us gambling on new staff and players, then say you want us to gamble on some new owners. I personally do think it''s time for the Smiths to step down but I also think it is seven games and Farke needs until Christmas before anyone starts making huge judgements about him

Morgan wrote the following post at 13/09/2017 10:51 AM:

What I love is this:

"we''re *** at defending, we''re going to get relegated at this rate" to "we can''t score, don''t care about clean sheets. we''re going to get relegated at this rate"

7 games in. Seven. 7. Let me repeat that with caps on for effect SEVEN. We''ve been spoilt by the Premier League, stop being so whiney and remember where we came from.

What a sshit original post. Sshit . Let me repeat that with the caps on for effect SSHIT

Come on guys, we all know the cyclical investment conversations are a waste of everybody''s team. We could ''do a Leicester'', we could ''do a Coventry''. It''s just a case of how much you want to take that gamble, and we''re all entitled to an opinion on that.I respect Delia and Michael and their desire to keep the club in safe hands, but once they retire, what does Tom Smith have to take the club forward? Delia and Michael have a personal fortune of (off the top of my head) about £30m, and that''s absolute peanuts in the modern game. Wherever it comes from, we will need investment from somewhere in the next decade. The odds of becoming a self-financing stable Premier League club with our current ownership model are relatively small.

[quote user="JF"]Morgan wrote the following post at 13/09/2017 10:51 AM:

What I love is this:

"we''re *** at defending, we''re going to get relegated at this rate" to "we can''t score, don''t care about clean sheets. we''re going to get relegated at this rate"

What a sshit original post. Sshit . Let me repeat that with the caps on for effect SSHIT[/quote]Have you been on holiday? I''ve missed your maturity and impartiality.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="JF"]Morgan wrote the following post at 13/09/2017 10:51 AM:

What I love is this:

What a sshit original post. Sshit . Let me repeat that with the caps on for effect SSHIT[/quote]Have you been on holiday? I''ve missed your maturity and impartiality.[/quote]He has a break when City win.

RIP Holger Czukay btw.

I just reply to the ridiculously dumb comments. Speaking of which the season still hasn''t started yet, has it Herman? I''m just curious as to what the OP means by just remember where we came from? Where is that exactly and how is it defined?

Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB wrote the following post at 13/09/2017 8:51 PM:

So the expectation level has to be reset to acceptance of not being able to beat or score against a fantastically average Burton Albion side at home?........

Come on, chin up. Just remember where we came from!

What difference does it make?

Nobody on here or anything they say on here will affect the playing staff, coaching staff and owners.

I do have to chortle when people say "get behind the club". How do you do that any better than 27K do most home games.

But on the other hand I chortle similarly when people say get new owners like you just order them up.

Everyone is a fan. Some just have the bedside manner of Harold Shipman while others are more akin to Mother Theresa.

[quote user="Herman"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="JF"]Morgan wrote the following post at 13/09/2017 10:51 AM:

What I love is this:

What a sshit original post. Sshit . Let me repeat that with the caps on for effect SSHIT[/quote]Have you been on holiday? I''ve missed your maturity and impartiality.[/quote]He has a break when City win.

RIP Holger Czukay btw.[/quote]Completely off topic, but I didn''t even see that he had passed away. What a shame, one of my favourite bassists of all time, from one of my favourite bands. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I''m about to go and listen to the whole of Bel Air.Back on topic, there are a lot of reactionary pillocks on here at the moment.

There must be someone out there somewhere that knows where it is that we have came from???

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 13/09/2017 10:03 PM:

Well I know a plastic fan can keep you cool in the summer but I''m struggling to see a positive in a plastic mouse.

😄 Touché. But where have we came from though 😡

[quote user="JF"]There must be someone out there somewhere that knows where it is that we have came from???[/quote]We''ve all come from the primordial soup. Some have progressed...........

We''ve all come from the primordial soup. Some have progressed...........

Did your finger get stuck to the . button on your computer? You should clean the keyboard with wet wipes when you''ve finished

[quote user="JF"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 13/09/2017 10:03 PM:

Well I know a plastic fan can keep you cool in the summer but I''m struggling to see a positive in a plastic mouse.

😄 Touché. But where have we came from though 😡[/quote]
It seems that many have come from moaning about whatever came last. I have come from enjoying last season to not enjoying this so far. I''m stuck with it though and will get used to it whilst hoping it transforms into something more enjoyable. The moaners from last season should be used to having something to moan about so it should come a bit easier for them.