Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Time to let it go.....

Five pages in and all we''ve discovered is that we should all accept mediocrity with the chance we might build again with the youths. Unfortunately I feel this strategy would be risky in the extreme and could give us a very long stay in the Championship, rivalling that lot down the A140.

Don''t extract the Michael folks, LDC''s logic is sound:

Play better football, leads to....

Winning more games, which leads to....

More people enjoying themselves (including the players).

I am just stumped as to why more managers haven''t previously come up with this cunning plan to....er....play better football. It all seems so obvious when laid out in a post of several thousand words.

There is of course one glaring flaw in LDC''s logic, and that is his assumption that trying to win promotion automatically disqualifies you from attempting to play...better football. Obviously huff!

lake district canary wrote the following post at 2016-12-22 9:24 PM:

It is a positive step. Stepping back and re-adjusting the ethos so that good football is the main aim. Success will come from playing good football, not from being desperate to get promoted.

You have to have a good manager with a good footballing ethos, who knows his players inside out to get them to gel and to play good football, not persist with a group of over aged individuals who are failing again over a second season!

I really do think some people ought to ignore the name of the person who puts a post on this site and just read it before commenting, or not commenting.

I ''kin hate bully boys.

keelansgrandad wrote the following post at 23/12/2016 9:42 AM:

I really do think some people ought to ignore the name of the person who puts a post on this site and just read it before commenting, or not commenting.

I ''kin hate bully boys.

Same here👍

And same here for me. I just leave threads that start to build momentum against a poster, any poster. People have all kinds of views but we need not comment but accept things quietly. Different opinions and difference is what makes the world interesting.

If anyone has ever had a job of any responsibility, they will know that the pressure can build, depsite your best efforts to try and avoid that.  The answer to it, is to realise there is no pressure except in your mind - and in that I agree with Ray''s post.   So what happens if the pressure to achieve gets to the stage where it has got you to the opposite of where you want to be?  You realise there is nothing left to feel pressure about - and you start to relax.  Once you relax you can start to build again with a better approach, a better idea of how to achieve your aims and you learn that the pressure you were under was self-inflicted, unecessary and counter-productive.  For a football manager where the pressure has got too much and things don''t work out, it usually involves the sack, a period of reflection and then go again when a job comes along, with renewed enthusiasm and better for the bad experience in the previous job.  Lambert - I believe - will do a cracking job at Wolves, having had a bad experience at Villa  (Blackburn was a poor move for him).  Hughton plainly has benefited and is now reaping the rewards, having had the extremely difficult experience at Norwich.  So to AN.......now if he was sacked, he would get that release from the pressure, probably go away, take stock and come back a better manager too, somewhere else.  But if he stays? Can he step back from it and get that release from the pressure and take stock and rebuild while he''s in this job?   He is a strong and intelligent character, no doubt about that, so I wouldn''t put it past him. 

LDC,

This is not a reference to anyone at NCFC, however whilst I agree with much of what you have written in your last post, unfortunately not everyone realises there is nothing left to feel pressure about and end up in all sorts of dark places, depression, etc. and even in some cases taking their own lives.

What we tend to do as a nation is offer people anti depressant drugs instead of actually helping them realise that a change of mindset may be far more beneficial and of course then giving them the tools to do just that. However, that wouldn''t suit the big pharmaceuticals, cos they only make money if the nation is sick, so best to keep them dependant on our drugs!

Furthermore, many of the anti depressant drugs have their downside effects too, so more drugs are prescribed, and so it goes on.

I''m not referring to clinical depression here but imo far too often drugs are prescribed, even with things such as colds and flu, when there are other options available.

Agree with you on all fronts there, Ray.  However, regarding football managers, the pressure AN - and any football manager - must feel when things get difficult - is transitory, or ought to be - they know the job they are in will end sooner or later anyway and they can move on to new challenges.  If they are not thick skinned enough or able to take the pressure enough, they wouldn''t be in the job in the first place.