Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Time to let it go.....

I have to go against the judges here and agree with the last post.

Style over substance for me. And if you good enough you will eventually do well. Keep believing that worshipping at the money altar is all that matters will bring about a lot of sadness on this site.

So many people are bothered what other people think of them. A friend of mine is a Tranmere supporter and was absolutely devastated when they went out of the league. But now he is delighted they are doing and playing well in the NL. Stockport get gates of almost 4000 in NLnorth.

There is life when things don''t always go your way and I''m sure the appointment of a different manager and his backroom staff, the offloading of the well known deadwood and downright indolent at the club with some proper signings with less of the prima donna attitude like Holt, Crofts, Jackson and Snodgrass will bring us all something to admire and smile about.

That isn''t lil'' ole Naaridge. Those who yearn for the Prem but make excuses when we don''t succeed are the Mr Frodos I''m afraid.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]I have to go against the judges here and agree with the last post.

Style over substance for me. And if you good enough you will eventually do well. Keep believing that worshipping at the money altar is all that matters will bring about a lot of sadness on this site.

So many people are bothered what other people think of them. A friend of mine is a Tranmere supporter and was absolutely devastated when they went out of the league. But now he is delighted they are doing and playing well in the NL. Stockport get gates of almost 4000 in NLnorth.

There is life when things don''t always go your way and I''m sure the appointment of a different manager and his backroom staff, the offloading of the well known deadwood and downright indolent at the club with some proper signings with less of the prima donna attitude like Holt, Crofts, Jackson and Snodgrass will bring us all something to admire and smile about.

That isn''t lil'' ole Naaridge. Those who yearn for the Prem but make excuses when we don''t succeed are the Mr Frodos I''m afraid.[/quote]

Excuse me. I meant to say the last post of LDC.

I''ve read that twice now, and I''ve still no idea what it is about. Forget winning and you might win next year? Or something?

You are a strange''un LDC. Is that you in the hat?

I don''t agree with the OP but it''s pleasing that there have been some reasoned replies rather than the usual abuse. These posts do express an alternative point of view and liven up the board,

so that''s fine in my book.

The point here for me, and it was mentioned on another thread last light, is this idea of a Norwich style of play. Whether it be along the lines of Swansea or some other style but something that can be developed not only through the first team but an ethos that is displayed right through the academy as well.

I don''t know whether to do that you have to take one step back before taking my two steps forward, that''s not necessarily the case IMO.

The problem with this is you need the vision within the club as to how we want to play and what will be the right model for us. I don''t see this vision coming from the current manager or anyone else who I am aware of within the club.

Shall we all club together and get LDC a head doctor

He is clearly not right in the head. Not sure what his mental health issue is but it''s deeply troubling and potentially dangerous or he is just a world class bell end

lake district canary wrote the following post at 2016-12-22 1:25 PM:

It''s time to forget promotion and hankering after the top of the table. We simply have to focus on developing the squad, the system and the young players. If you give up on promotion but instead focus on just improving the football, the emphasis changes from pressure and concentrates on what matters - playing well and together as a squad.

That is what most supporters are stating LDC - the only thing is the manager and board don''t seem to agree with your vision and that of those supporters!

What we need to do is start winning more games, or at least losing fewer games.

We aren''t in this situation because the players and manager feel the pressure of promotion.

We are in this situation because our players are collectively and individually performing below their capabilities. And possibly because they aren''t quite as physically fit as they could be.

Once you lose your hold over the players and can no longer motivate or get the best out of them, your time is up.

What we need is not to "let it go", but to let Alex Neil go.

[quote user="Phil Collins"]What we need to do is start winning more games, or at least losing fewer games. We aren''t in this situation because the players and manager feel the pressure of promotion. We are in this situation because our players are collectively and individually performing below their capabilities. And possibly because they aren''t quite as physically fit as they could be. Once you lose your hold over the players and can no longer motivate or get the best out of them, your time is up. What we need is not to "let it go", but to let Alex Neil go.[/quote]

made me chuckle anyway.

I think one of the main problems here is that the seaweed is always greener in somebody else''s lake...

Mumby and Doncaster were crucified for their "Prudence with Ambition". And now Lakey wants to drop the ambition bit out. This just leaves us with........http://logos.textgiraffe.com/logos/logo-name/Prudence-designstyle-friday-m.png[:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

LDC,

You talk of pressure and pressure being released. Well there is only one place pressure exists and that is in the head of the one feeling it and as no one but him/herself create their own thoughts and emotions, then they create their own pressure.

Other clubs, other results, etc. in and of themselves cannot create pressure in/on us, our players, our manager and so on, they can however influence our thoughts.

Creating positive pressure for ourselves can be a good thing, and indeed is on many an occasion, we need pressure to drive us forward as the brain is hard wired to achieve, it can also of course be a debilitating thing if it is negative pressure that is created.

The only way to release pressure is to reframe the way you think about things, which in turn means changing some of the values and beliefs you hold, because it is your values and beliefs that drive the way you think about the things you think about.

So, if we (fans, players, managers, owners, etc.) want to release the pressure we create for ourselves over promotion, etc. then we collectively need to change the values and beliefs we hold on promotion, but as Mr Moxey said "Promotion, Promotion, Promotion and given he may have a bigger influence over the thinking (mindset) of the manager, et al, they will probably continue to create their own pressure surrounding promotion.

If however the influencers changed their mantra to , Stylish, Stylish, Stylish, then that may impact on the thinking of the manager, etc. It may not however, release any pressure as the manager may then create his own pressure around "Stylish''.

Someone elsewhere on here said that AN said he didn''t hold much truck with psychology, if that is the case then possibly it may be a good thing if he changed his values and beliefs around the subject and got to understand the power of the brain and what it can do for you, positive and negative. It all depends how you want think about how you want to programme your brain, does your brain run you or do you run your brain (now there''s a circular argument if ever I saw one!).

[quote user="lappinitup"]Mumby and Doncaster were crucified for their "Prudence with Ambition". And now Lakey wants to drop the ambition bit out. This just leaves us with........http://logos.textgiraffe.com/logos/logo-name/Prudence-designstyle-friday-m.png[:''(] [:''(] [:''(][/quote]

Dear Prudence open up your eyes

Dear Prudence see the sunny skies

The wind is low the birds will sing

that you are part of everything

Dear Prudence won''t you open up your eyes?

keelansgrandad wrote the following post at 22/12/2016 3:44 PM:

lappinitup wrote:
Mumby and Doncaster were crucified for their "Prudence with Ambition". And now Lakey wants to drop the ambition bit out. This just leaves us with........http://logos.textgiraffe.com/logos/logo-name/Prudence-designstyle-friday-m.pngCrying [:''(]Crying [:''(]Crying [:''(]

Dear Prudence open up your eyes

Dear Prudence see the sunny skies

The wind is low the birds will sing

that you are part of everything

Dear Prudence won''t you open up your eyes?

😀

Little dick canary says ;

At the heart of the issues our football club appears to have is the "dream" of being an established premier league club. It''s a pipe dream. It isn''t going to happen. We will compete for promotion some seasons, we will be mid table some seasons, we will even occasionally get promoted, but will not be able to sustain it more than a season or two.

Personally, I''m fed up with thinking about promotion - I would rather just see an emphasis on getting back to playing good football. Not since the early nineties have we had a team that you could say - yes, this is how we should be playing. Worthy got Huckerby in which was great, Lambert did great making us ultra-competitive, AN got us playing well at first, but the Stringer/Walker years are what I think of when I think of the "Norwich way". We are a long, long way from that.

What a load of old boll*x,,,,, I thought we all had to be positive according to the sermons of the northern one ?

You''re absolutely right, LDC.

As far as I can see, the lily-livered squad that masquerades as an ex-Pl side, would look so out of place in the PL next season, were they to get promoted, that a mass-culling(allied to some extremely astute transfer-ins) which we clearly cannot afford, would be required to achieve 17th spot.

Our keepers are sh ite, not one of our defenders is of PL standard ( and that includes Klose), our currently playing midfielders are powder-puff ( especially the forum favourite Howson). Brady and Murphy are the only midfielders who could command a reasonable fee if sold, and Brady''s value has probably halved since the World Cup. Our forwards would be of absolutely no interest to any current PL club.

Promotion this season is absolutely pointless. Use the rest of the season to blood the youngsters, scout the lower leagues for hungry, quick and skilful players, develop a style of play ( we haven''t had one the entire 2016 ) that gives the opposition problems and that isn''t so easy to neutralise, and rid the club, where possible, of all the dross that has accumulated these past two years.

We would be failing on the latter category, Westcoast, as few are enjoying the football at the moment.

And of course if we go down the "consolidation and blood the young players" route, those promising young players will be the ones who are sold to balance the books due to our continued presence in the lower leagues.

No thanks.