Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

Sack Alex Neil.

The more I think about this the closer I come to the conclusion that retaining a manager long term is a bigger priority than promotion for Delia and Michael.

They''ve invested in a person they trust and rate highly and will give him all the time he needs to get it right.

I wouldn''t anticipate a firing for a good while yet.

[quote user="King Klose"]In the words of Starsky, "Do it".[/quote]It''s always good to hear a refreshing new idea from an innovative thinker. I''m all for it - what do you think, guys? Maybe we should consider sacking Alex Neil?

I agree Cantiaci. This would be a valid long term plan if there was evidence of progression and development . What I see is a stubborn and a closed mind. I still believe that the plan stands.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="King Klose"]In the words of Starsky, "Do it".[/quote]It''s always good to hear a refreshing new idea from an innovative thinker. I''m all for it - what do you think, guys? Maybe we should consider sacking Alex Neil?[/quote]It''s a novel suggestion. Liking the idea but I don''t know how we will go about it.Should we draw straws to see who will tell him? Ching-chang-chollah?

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]The more I think about this the closer I come to the conclusion that retaining a manager long term is a bigger priority than promotion for Delia and Michael.

They''ve invested in a person they trust and rate highly and will give him all the time he needs to get it right.

I wouldn''t anticipate a firing for a good while yet.[/quote]

Did you see Michael Bailey on Mustard T.V? He heavily hinted that it was the case of Norwich City consolidating rather than Promotion being their priority which completely verifies my sources at the club of not wanting promotion this year.

Aha!

I have heard "consolidating" used by the military in the same context.

It means giving up and admitting defeat.

If this is actually what the club is doing, then the fans should see it as nothing less than this.

Having said that, why would we have needed to consolidate our position in the championship at the start of the season. That should have been a given. I can see value in consolidating now, but that isn''t achieved by doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

The main thing is not to get regulated, this he will achieve. Next top half of table playing good football this he will achieve. Next top six which I think he has a chance of doing.Finally top two which is unlikely. So two out of four is not bad for most but you need to see improvement on team recruitment. This has been poor.All in all ok season depending on your ambition for the club.

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]Aha!

I have heard "consolidating" used by the military in the same context.

It means giving up and admitting defeat.

If this is actually what the club is doing, then the fans should see it as nothing less than this.

[/quote]

Absolutely spot on. That''s how I see it.

So basically Michael Bailey said we are giving up and admitting defeat? No wonder McNally had such a problem with Archant.....

Having been relegated from the prem, why is the main thing not to get relegated again!

That doesn''t make any sense. The main thing is to build on the money from the prem, invest wisely and have a good tilt at getting back up.....like Newcastle.

We have done none of those things, so by any reckoning, so far a dreadful season. There is still time to turn things around and go into the play-offs in really good form. That is the only thing that will make this season vaguely acceptable. However, I simply don''t think AN has that capacity.

come on, Alex Neil I personally want him to prove many wrong and win all our games over Christmas, then ''Sack Alex NEIL'' will not be top of this message board ! 

Nutty, we are merely speculating. But if it is true, it is a shocking state of affairs.

City are historically and could yet be a bigger club than a number of those in the prem. While I am not advocating putting the clubs future on one spin of the wheel, I do think that a genuine attempt to show some ambition along side our prudence would go a long way.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]come on, Alex Neil I personally want him to prove many wrong and win all our games over Christmas, then ''Sack Alex NEIL'' will not be top of this message board !  [/quote]

Can''t argue with that....oops, I''ve just sent it to the top of the board again!