Sign in to follow this  
Puntino

Some words for ACN on Wolves I wrote....

It would be nice if someone can make them all linky, and perhaps tell me how to do it to save people the trouble in the future....

http://www.alongcomenorwich.com/articles/norwich-3-1-wolves-the-acn-review

Oh and, to make a link :-Copy your link into your post, copy it.Click on the little world/chain symbol in the taskbar above and delete the https bit in the bar, and paste it in there, click ok.Preview your post, and click on your link, to make sure it is working.This is instructions for Firefox, not sure if its the same for chrome, and I think its nigh on impossible if you are on your phone.

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zps6ndrdjir.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zps6ndrdjir.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

To be clear, you have to have the toolbar present as illustrated in morty''s screenshot. Most browsers don''t seem to allow it; particularly, as morty alludes to, mobile versions. Even on desktops, Firefox is the only one of the big three (Chrome, Firefox, Explorer) that appears to work for me and even then it may well be down to the specific version you have installed. I use Chrome for my day-to-day browsing and the version I have doesn''t allow hyperlinking or quoting on the Pink Un. However, I''ve installed the ''User Agent Switcher'' extension to make it imitate Firefox 33 and this enables the toolbar with the hyperlink button and quoting to work.
Also, to clarify, the URL you paste after pressing the hyperlink button will be applied to whatever text you have highlighted at the point you press said button. In other words, you could paste the entire URL into your editing box, highlight it and press the button, which will mean that your clickable link will be presented as the URL, or you could just highlight some text that says ''Click here'' or similar, press the button and paste the URL. This will make the phrase ''Click Here'' clickable rather than presenting an ugly URL. If, perchance, you have your entire post highlighted when you press the hyperlink button then your entire post will become a hyperlink to whatever URL you paste in.
I dunno whether any Mac browsers work in this respect on account of I can''t firkin afford one. Nor have I tried any of the more exotic desktop browsers for Windows. Perhaps somebody else could post a list of browsers that do work fully with the Pink Un post editor? and perhaps a mod can make it...sticky (eeeeuuuuuww!!)

There is a Firefox emulator I use on my ipad called Mercury browser, that works very well.

Safari users also need to switch User Agent from the default to Firefox - Mac.Having opened Safari, click on "Develop" in the Menu Bar, hover the cursor over "User Agent" in the list that comes up, then, in the side menu that opens up, scroll down and select "Firefox -- Mac"It''s a bit of a pain remembering to do this each time, but it does ensure that the message board works properly, for example the quote function and other features work as intended. If a more expert Safari user knows of a way to make Firefox -- Mac the default User Agent, maybe he/she would let the rest of us know.

It would be much easier for Archant to do actually update the software so people didn''t have to use a bunch of work arounds for really basic functionality.

[quote user="morty"]There is a Firefox emulator I use on my ipad called Mercury browser, that works very well.[/quote]

Thanks for the Firefox emulator info Morty. I''ll definitely give that a try.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="morty"]There is a Firefox emulator I use on my ipad called Mercury browser, that works very well.[/quote]

Thanks for the Firefox emulator info Morty. I''ll definitely give that a try.[/quote]Its free to download, let me know if you can''t see how to get it to emulate firefox.

[quote user="hogesar"]Easiest solution is for Archant to give even the slightest of f*cks.[/quote]Cheapest is not to.[:)]

[quote user="lake district canary"]"Chanting ‘We want Moxey out’ after five minutes does not help the team"I blame twitter. Even those with hardly any brain cells have access to it.

[/quote]

Assuming you are on twitter

[quote user="Puntino"]It would be nice if someone can make them all linky, and perhaps tell me how to do it to save people the trouble in the future....

http://www.alongcomenorwich.com/articles/norwich-3-1-wolves-the-acn-review[/quote]Much simpler to just post the piece on here. More people would read it so more comments. Simples. [<:o)]

lake district canary wrote the following post at 2017-01-23 3:23 PM:

"Chanting ‘We want Moxey out’ after five minutes does not help the team"

I blame twitter. Even those with hardly any brain cells have access to it.

Exactly. Self professed logic at last!!