Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

All quiet on the transfer front

[quote user="greavsy"]Apologies for posting on a public forum.[/quote]Its a football forum, are you here to talk about football, or me?

Listen chum(p) you''re the one following me around, from thread to thread, tripping over your lip.

Following you around, what by responding to the most recent posts on a public forum, do your self a favour and have a look Morty mate

[quote user="greavsy"]Listen chum(p) you''re the one following me around, from thread to thread, tripping over your lip.

Following you around, what by responding to the most recent posts on a public forum, do your self a favour and have a look Morty mate[/quote]So whats your thoughts on current transfer issues Greavsey?

Well Morty mate, deffo need a left back to replace olsson, even more if Brady goes, although I think the reported £9m from palarse is too cheap, even with add one, surely we need the money know, if we are as desperate at the club have us believe.

Central/defensive midfield needs cover, but the wider roles are ok, with Pritchard, Naismith, Murphys, etc.

Camjam will be fine, once he finds the net, and gets his confidence back (hoped that would come after Rotherham goal- and if his one off the post sat went in) but maybe another striker, and deffo if Lafferty departs, which won''t be a miss.

The problem we have is we are going to have to look at the lower leagues, as we don''t have the £££ or the pulling power that we used to.

Sorry Morty, don''t have a clue what our valuation is. If we go buy the summer and the rumours we rejected around the £12 million mark it''d be fair to assume we wanted nearer £15 million.

He''s hardly set the world alight this season but I think many scouts etc will attribute that to the rest of the team too and maybe even our setup / manager or whatever. Despite that he''ll have lost some value. I think £12 million is a good price for both parties.

[quote user="greavsy"]Well Morty mate, deffo need a left back to replace olsson, even more if Brady goes, although I think the reported £9m from palarse is too cheap, even with add one, surely we need the money know, if we are as desperate at the club have us believe.

Central/defensive midfield needs cover, but the wider roles are ok, with Pritchard, Naismith, Murphys, etc.

Camjam will be fine, once he finds the net, and gets his confidence back (hoped that would come after Rotherham goal- and if his one off the post sat went in) but maybe another striker, and deffo if Lafferty departs, which won''t be a miss.

The problem we have is we are going to have to look at the lower leagues, as we don''t have the £££ or the pulling power that we used to.[/quote]See, now you''re getting the hang of it.[:)]

[quote user="hogesar"]Sorry Morty, don''t have a clue what our valuation is. If we go buy the summer and the rumours we rejected around the £12 million mark it''d be fair to assume we wanted nearer £15 million.

He''s hardly set the world alight this season but I think many scouts etc will attribute that to the rest of the team too and maybe even our setup / manager or whatever. Despite that he''ll have lost some value. I think £12 million is a good price for both parties.[/quote]Thats the thing, when the club says they have a figure in mind, and don''t say what it is, we are all basically guessing.All rumours and speculation. Or maybe the scouts have it about right, who knows?

See, now you''re getting the hang of it.

At least of of us is then, 1 out of 2 ain''t bad, eh Morty mate.

Aberdeen moaning on twitter that they haven''t heard anything back from us, about Maddison going back there, and they can''t wait forever.Tough.

[quote user="morty"]Aberdeen moaning on twitter that they haven''t heard anything back from us, about Maddison going back there, and they can''t wait forever.Tough.[/quote]Aberwho?  They can bog off, we want him don''t we?

Maybe the club should employe you Morty mate, we all know how quick your replies are, maybe not relevant, but always swift.

I can imagine your reply, ''we at ncfc know what he is doing, but we couldn''t possibly tell you''

[quote user="greavsy"]Maybe the club should employe you Morty mate, we all know how quick your replies are, maybe not relevant, but always swift.

I can imagine your reply, ''we at ncfc know what he is doing, but we couldn''t possibly tell you''[/quote]You''re really looking a bit cringeworthy now fella.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]Aberdeen moaning on twitter that they haven''t heard anything back from us, about Maddison going back there, and they can''t wait forever.Tough.[/quote]Aberwho?  They can bog off, we want him don''t we?[/quote]Exactly, he''s our player.Pouting about it on twitter really won''t make a difference.

Aberdeen have just signed Ryan Christie on loan from Celtic for the rest of the season so Maddison may well be staying.

Apples

Morty''s right mate. Please. The thread doesn''t need spades and spades of pointless tit for tat.

Any idea of who or what we''re likely to spend the lolly on, presuming Brady goes??

[quote user="Morgan"]Morty''s right mate. Please. The thread doesn''t need spades and spades of pointless tit for tat.

Any idea of who or what we''re likely to spend the lolly on, presuming Brady goes??[/quote]Theres still the rumours of the centre back from Barnsley. And if we can somehow palm Lafferty off, a new striker would be nice.If we sign the left back thats rumoured (who can also play left midfield) then I reckon we''ll use Whitts as lb cover, and wait on Toffolo for next season.

You''d hope it would be spent on a centre back or a defensive central midfield.

Based on the summer though we''ll probably spend it all on an attacking midfielder we never play though.

[quote user="king canary"]You''d hope it would be spent on a centre back or a defensive central midfield.

Based on the summer though we''ll probably spend it all on an attacking midfielder we never play though.[/quote]I would have thought they would see Thompson as the future there?

[quote user="king canary"]Potentially- I still think we need an upgrade on Tettey though.[/quote]I guess that depends on how quickly Thompson develops, and more importantly, comes back from this injury. That seems to be taking forever to sort. It feels like we''re not far away from an announcement that his season is done.

[quote user="morty"]Aberdeen moaning on twitter that they haven''t heard anything back from us, about Maddison going back there, and they can''t wait forever.Tough.[/quote]

We''re doing them a favour by loaning him there, he''s clearly good enough to play in this division and we could easily loan him out to another Championship or L1 club, both of which are a higher level of competitiveness than the SPL if we''re being honest.

Thompson looks as though he''s ready to take over from Tettey, just hope he can keep clear of future injuries!

On the transfer front, we have potentially sold Brady, with Olsson gone that''s would be around 16 million estimation incoming money. With Zeegelaar & Karacan we have decent replacement for a quarter of the cost and probably vastly reduced wages.

I can''t see anything but positives, Brady not been too great and Zeegelaar should be decent cover in this league.

Yes it is a bit of a mystery why it has kept him out for so long.

I''d love a young, up and coming centre back to join us though- Bassong, Bennett and Turner are all out of contract in the summer and I''d be happy to move on from all of those but would leave us short. A good young centre back would give us some scope to do that though.

[quote user="andyc24_uk"][quote user="morty"]Aberdeen moaning on twitter that they haven''t heard anything back from us, about Maddison going back there, and they can''t wait forever.Tough.[/quote]

We''re doing them a favour by loaning him there, he''s clearly good enough to play in this division and we could easily loan him out to another Championship or L1 club, both of which are a higher level of competitiveness than the SPL if we''re being honest.[/quote]Exactly. Seems a bit overly precious trying to force our hand somehow.

[quote user="king canary"]Yes it is a bit of a mystery why it has kept him out for so long.

I''d love a young, up and coming centre back to join us though- Bassong, Bennett and Turner are all out of contract in the summer and I''d be happy to move on from all of those but would leave us short. A good young centre back would give us some scope to do that though.[/quote]You have just given me an idea for a thread lol....