Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Michael O'Neil?

A 3rd Neil in a row, surely not?!! This is the latest rumour of people on the shortlist.

At least Laffs would love this one....starting most games.

Not a fan of Pearson myself. I wouldn''t mind Sherwood, think he was shafted a little bit at Villa, wanted to sign experienced prem players like Lennon & Adebayor but ended up with lots of young guys from the French like Amavi, Veretout & Ayew.

[quote user="Move Klose"]Wagner, Rowett, Clement, Sherwood, Pearson, Giggs.[/quote]I''m not entirely convinced by Wagner, or whether he''d be a good fit for us right now. Gary Rowett is certainly the pick for me out of the names mentioned here. Done it at Burton, and done a remarkable job at Birmingham. However will we go for someone in a job, and would he come here?Clement, I wouldn''t mind, but I can''t see him walking out on Ancelloti and Bayern Munich. Sherwood, no thanks, all mouth and no trousers. Pearson, see Sherwood. Giggs, are we really willing to gamble on a good player taking his first managerial job? How many ex Ferguson players have made a success of management? The name that is not on that list and has been bandied about and would be my choice and imo opinion likely, is Roy Hodgson.

I''d say yes to Roy too. If we''re looking for experience then he has it by the bucket load., good contacts too. Let''s face it Southgate has barely done any better if you base it on England performances.

Any manger who has a resignation speech prepared before facing Iceland must surely have lost all confidence in his own ability.

Please no.

I''m worried the club will give it to Alan Irvine. Probably use him as caretaker manager if AN is sacked.

Wouldn''t mind Hodgson till the end of season, if he gets us up the job would obviously be his. If it''s not looking likely gives us time to make a good appointment.

Gary Rowett for me looks a good long term option.

Not keen on Michael O''Neil at all.