Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Canos and Naismith.

[quote user="Woodman"]I can''t help but think there''s a bit more to Naismith''s absence after the transfer window and alleged quote re his agent trying to get him a move to Sunderland.[/quote]

Or it might just be because he''s cr@p

Morgan wrote the following post at 2016-09-16 1:54 PM:

Woodman wrote:
I can''t help but think there''s a bit more to Naismith''s absence after the transfer window and alleged quote re his agent trying to get him a move to Sunderland.

Or it might just be because he''s cr@p

You may just have to eat some humble pie there Morgan. In his position you too would be crap at whatever it is you do, if indeed you do anything worthwhile in your sorry existence as personified by your post!

Having recently spoke to Sergi (through work, nothing more) he certainly seems happy and enthusiastic enough!

NCFC Press Conference today.

Paddy Davitt: "What does Naismith have to do to make the 18?"

Alex Neil: "Play well. Simple."

Does the humble pie come with custard City 2nd?

Did I read on here recently that Naismith''s wife has only recently moved to Norwich with their young child / children? Perhaps a more settled off-pitch situation might help.

For those suggesting it''s as simple as Naismith moving in Jan, I think we might find that''s harder than expected.Let''s not forget that Sunderland have now used their two domestive long-term loans on Denayer and Januzaj, meaning that if they do want Naismith in Jan, it will have to be a permament move and I can''t see us accepting low offers unless there''s something drastically wrong and AN sees no future for the player here and thusly wants to reduce the wage bill and add a bit of cash towards a new signing instead.

I agree. It''s obvious Naismith is on a good contract & Sunderland weren''t willing to make a good enough offer to do a deal (we''re talking about the mix of wages and transfer fee obviously).

If Naismith continues to contribute poorly on the pitch, or to fail to get into the team at all, then it''s hard to see how another team will make a good enough offer, unless City reach the point where we''re willing to take a real hit on the transfer fee to get him off the wage bill.

Conversely, if he starts doing well for us, the club will want a better return on the transfer fee we paid (even if that only means a smaller loss). 

And if it''s true, as one poster has said, that there are off-the-field issues behind his poor performance, we can only hope that those are sorted and he shows he is, in fact, a class player.  Time will tell.

Morgan wrote the following post at 2016-09-16 6:35 PM:

NCFC Press Conference today.

Paddy Davitt: "What does Naismith have to do to make the 18?"

Alex Neil: "Play well. Simple."

Does the humble pie come with custard City 2nd?

It''s very possible it will Morgan!

And of course Alex Neil wants SN to play well, he paid a lot of money for him, but when something goes wrong in your personal life, do you perform at your best! I can assure you AN isn''t going to say why he isn''t playing well!

And to the fact that SN wife is settled in Norfolk. Is she?

[Y] City 2nd. AN''s reply simply says Naismith is treated same as everyone else -- cf comments about some sort of favouritism or contractual obligation to play a certain number of games. Nothing implied about the reasons for his recent non-selection. True identities soon reveal themselves methinks [;)] 

This might throw some light on the situation:

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/views/naismith_needs_support_as_well_as_the_murphys_1_4700638?

IMO, Naismith is a genuine sort of guy given the charity work he did for the homeless in Liverpool. Other than Toffolo in Swindon, I can''t think of many footballers doing anything like that. People speak well of him and what a warm and genuine sort of bloke he is. I''d guess that having his family in Norwich would make a difference to him and hopefully to his play as well.