Sign in to follow this  
sgncfc

When did Norwich fans become so arrogant?

People that buy stuff from me, I consider my customers, but they are supporting me at the same time.

People who , say, put money into a political party, are they customers or supporters?

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]People that buy stuff from me, I consider my customers, but they are supporting me at the same time.

People who , say, put money into a political party, are they customers or supporters?[/quote]
Just for a little background Crabby. I have been getting stick for saying I''m a supporter and not just a customer. If you read this thread even on page one you will see that I''ve been continually told I''m not a supporter, I''m a customer. That view is utterly ridiculous because I''m a supporter. However when I happened to say last night''s defeat would have hurt supporters more than customers it didn''t go down too well. But let me just repeat again my view has always been we are supporters but if folk want to be only customers that''s their right. But they can''t blame me for their choices. Thanks for sticking with me and for your post which gives me one more chance to show the ridiculousness of this customer malarkey..
I don''t know what you sell but let''s say it''s bog brushes, bog rolls etc. If you were in my area and your price was competetive I''d happily buy from you. If you proved to be a decent supplier I''d support you with my custom and not be tempted to other suppliers who were maybe promising what may initially appear a better deal. I''m loyal and in business loyalty often goes both ways. We may trade together for years. We may become friends. but then you may suddenly go bust and stop trading. I would then take my custom to the nearest supplier who could offer me a decent deal. Because even though my I supported you the whole thing was based on my need for what you were selling.
With Norwich City it''s the other way around. The whole thing is based on my support for the club. If the club went bust I wouldn''t look for another supplier. It would be over.
Crabby, I really need someone to select the Norwich picks for the game at Derby on 26th November. Please could you help me out?

As you have brought up the subject of bog rolls how would you describe that person who used to nick them on a regular basis from your pristine toilets Nutty ?Surely they were a customer of your business supporting the company who employed you but a fan of your toilet rolls ?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="littleyellowbirdie"]Customer/Supporter, how about Spectator?[/quote]Spectator implies just looking on, with no emotion necessarily attached to it.   We are all supporters, so maybe -"Paying supporter" would be an accurate description for match goers."Armchair supporter" for those that could, but don''t go to matches."Old or infirm supporters"for those that can''t go to matches anymore."Excluded supporters" for those that can''t afford to go to matches."Exiled supporter" for those who are a long way from home and can''t get to matches. "Spoiled brat supporters" for those that go to matches and boo at the slightest thing. "Deluded supporters" for those who think they are better than any other supporter.That just about covers it, or does it?

[/quote]Pretty comprehensive LDC but you forgot " Restrained supporter " - those

under a banning order but would go if they''d let them in [:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]As you have brought up the subject of bog rolls how would you describe that person who used to nick them on a regular basis from your pristine toilets Nutty ?Surely they were a customer of your business supporting the company who employed you but a fan of your toilet rolls ?[/quote]
Ultimately because of them your Taddy went up to over £2[B][;)]

I''m a customer of Macro''s with a loyalty card!

No one is having a go at you at all, Nutty, you''re the one with the chip on your shoulder that some people see Norwich City Football club as a business and we are their customer.........but we all follow and love our fine club which represent this great city.

The ridiculousness of supporters denying their status after we lost at home to Preston has actually been surpassed by the numbnuts who said after the transfer window that the club had left Alex Neil without a squad good enough for promotion now saying a decent manager would get this squad promoted by March.

I''m not one who changed my view about this supporter debate Nutty, we''ve had this debate before if you wanted to look back, the loss to Preston was just a poor result in terms of a lot of things and a good job done by Preston and their manager.

I''ve never said that our squad wants good enough, we should have on paper the best squad ever......I''ve always said I have my reservations that a manager from a lower level club in a very average league with nothing behind him in terms of playing success will find it hard to manage, coach and motivate top level players.....that''s why most managers apply their trade at low divisions before being given a choice position like Neil has here.

You have to be a special man to be successful without gaining experience I believe it shows in Neil and that''s why he''s never and still isn''t the man for me, but that''s just my opinion.

Bruce has played under the best manager, won trophies and been successful, he commands respect.

Anyhow, you''re a top bloke and I really don''t wish to pee you off, as much as what I view myself or course I''m a supporter, fan customer, member whatever you want to tag me, I''m happy, love you man.......OTBC

Lol I love you all whether customers supporters or whatever else. I couldn''t care less what status you want for yourselves. But this all came about because people wouldn''t accept that I''m a supporter not a customer. When I point out I''m a supporter you customers get all precious about it. That''s the ridiculousness of it.

It wasn''t you who held both points of view about our squad. Either point of view is a valid one to hold. Holding both is ridiculous.