Sign in to follow this  
sgncfc

When did Norwich fans become so arrogant?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]I said what I thought, that''s all. [/quote]
That''s not all. The thing is, Lakey, that you, as an occasional  attender of matches, have far more to say ( disproportionately )  on this forum about team performances/selections compared to many other who attend matches all the time. Hoola Han stated a reasonable perspective and you, feeling you were put in your place,  responded by calling him arrogant. If you didn''t feel you were put in your place you would not have responded in that manner.
[/quote]

Good grief, let me remind you what he put then - "I''d say a supporter is someone who gets to a lot of games, as in "supporting" the team by way of cheering them on etc.

Everyone else is a follower, by way of following the team''s progress etc from afar."In other words, you are only a supporter if you attend a lot of matches. If you don''t, you are just a follower.  There is no other conclusion to be drawn from what he wrote.   It''s not about me, as much as you would like it to be, it''s about the thousands of Norwich fans all over the place who can''t get to many matches for what ever reason.  Hoola Han has now qualified what he has said, which is all well and good, but on here you can only go on what people write - and he wrote something I disagreed with and I said so.  Please think a bit more before posting, because you are wide of the mark - again.

[/quote]
Lakey, you neither need to 1) remind me what he wrote or 2) tell me to think a bit more before posting. I read what Hoola Han had to say and I read your response. Your nose was clearly out of joint. Mine wasn''t.....because, he is correct, I follow the team from afar. Most of the time, apparently, so do you. However, as a follower who does think before he posts, I make it a point to not start ANY thread ( and certainly would be extremely disappointed with myself starting thread after thread ) suggesting what the team selection should be and what the apparent performances were in a match if my input was based upon being a follower from afar without having seen the matches. 
It''s you that needs to do the thinking before you post.

Can I pencil an argument in for a bit later gutty, I have to get ready for work.

Get your people to talk to my people.

Well said Yankee.

I only really discuss matches in depth here when I have seen them with my own eyes. You really don''t quite have the same perspective if you have just seen it on some dodgy stream.

Morty & Lakey, can''t you take your arguments off this forum and argue by email, private messages or some other means.

Its derailing so many threads and you''re spoiling the forum for the rest of us

Jim Smith wrote:

''''I don''t think its arrogant to expect your team to play well and to their capabilities. I don''t think we have done that at all this season at home and have perhaps only done so two or three times away from home. I also don''t think its arrogant to say that of this group of players play well then they will beat most teams at this level.

Believe it or not if I think we''ve played well and results do not go our way then I can take that. What I find massively frustrating at the moment is that performances have been steadily below par and whilst we have been getting away with it somewhat it has been quite obvious that it will start to cost us at some point if not addressed. I accept we cannot play well in every game but I expect the games where we play badly to be the exception rather than the general rule. I do not feel that the management and the coaching staff are getting the best out of our squad at present.''''

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Whilst I thought your ''AN is hindering us'' thread was a bit OTT following the Fulham (?) game, I have to say, this really sums up my feelings about the team''s performances this season.

Results have generally been good, but we''re averaging 5/10 performances and not 6-7. We can all surely agree that we''ve played below par so far this season. I think we should be aiming for 2nd place! And any play off position would be okay but a slight underachievement (5th/6th more so of course).

I don''t think our fans are arrogant at all, as others have mentioned - expectations are higher this time and rightly so. I would never boo our own team though.

[quote user="Diane"]Morty & Lakey, can''t you take your arguments off this forum and argue by email, private messages or some other means.

Its derailing so many threads and you''re spoiling the forum for the rest of us[/quote]

I quite enjoy it.

👍

[quote user="Indy"] You could argue that 27,000 Nutty''s inside Carrow road would make for a very static club, win lose or draw, play bad, I could never see him do anything other than stand and clap the team off for wearing the yellow shirts, he''s a full on Supporter.[/quote]
There''s only one nutty and I''ll let you into a little secret. I never even see the team go off let alone clap them. You got one thing right though, I am a supporter. I thought we all were until this thread and am a bit shocked to find out how many see themselves as just customers and proud to be so.
[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"].........Hats off to those that go to every game home and away, but we are all supporters, of whatever level.   Anyone that says otherwise (as Hoola Han Solo appeared to - he''s since qualified what he wrote) is just setting themselves apart from the majority who appreciate every supporter, however often they are able to go. 

[/quote]Nutty might disagree there [;)][/quote]
I think you''ll find that nutty was happy to say we''re all supporters. It''s just so many have stated that they''re customers. Just because I''m happy to be a supporter don''t blame me for their defection.
Anyway, they''ll all want to be supporters again if we get to Wembley. The same thing happened 2 years ago. I''m going to have a word with Jezza to make sure Wembley tickets are issued to supporters before customers. Do you reckon he''d go for that?[;)]

Diane wrote the following post at 24/10/2016 11:30 PM:

Morty & Lakey, can''t you take your arguments off this forum and argue by email, private messages or some other means.

Its derailing so many threads and you''re spoiling the forum for the rest of us

👍

So you''re saying you''re gone before the end of each game nutty? That''s a little poor from a supporter!

I stay until the end, the only time I''ve left early is when I''ve a wedding or such like to get to in the evening.

Some supporters support the club unconditionally and some supporters support the position, or status, of the club at a particular time as it suits them

Why aren''t we the equivalent of Celtic in the SPL and why haven''t we won the league by Christmas?

Apples

No Indy. I never leave before the end.

I don''t get why you seem to resent me being a supporter. I honestly thought you were too. You could have knocked me down with a feather when you told me you were just a customer....

The club views us as customers. It has to. It''s a business entity.

That doesn''t mean you need to see yourself as a customer. I reckon i''m a supporter.

[quote user="Indy"]

You could argue that 27,000 Nutty''s inside Carrow road............[/quote]That would mean that Norwich City have more blankets than any refugee camp in Syria or Iraq.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Since i went to bed last night two pages of pure drivel and bickering. [:(][:@][/quote]Why so surprised Tilly???You know this as well as most of us do, as that''s what 90% of this forum is about, with the 10% of actual decent, genuine football discussion also frequently ruined by childish bickering, point scoring, name calling or flat out abuse by a relatively small group of the same people, with the odd, wandering, binner troll, thrown in for good measure.Welcome to the world of the keyboard warrior where you can be as vicious and nasty as you feel like, without having to worry about the person you''re doing it to, happily smashing your face in purely in response to the ill-advised comments that most people don''t have the balls to say in real life and face-to-face with someone...

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Since i went to bed last night two pages of pure drivel and bickering. [:(][:@][/quote]

One mans ''pure drivel'' & ''bickering'' is another mans entertainment.

For the record, I''ll happily say anything I say to folks here, in person.

If someone is spouting a ridiculous footballing opinion in the pub, I have no reservations at all, in telling them so.

Serious question guys...

Are any of you customers going to Brighton on Saturday? If so which team will you be customering?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]
Anyway, they''ll all want to be supporters again if we get to Wembley. The same thing happened 2 years ago. I''m going to have a word with Jezza to make sure Wembley tickets are issued to supporters before customers. Do you reckon he''d go for that?[;)]
[/quote]If it''s for the Checkatrade P*ss Pot Paint Pot thingy I reckon there''ll be plenty of room for all comers.Try to have a word with Jezza by all means but I''d call that '' mission impossible '' [;)]