Sign in to follow this  
cardiffcity

Kyle Lafferty to Cardiff City

[quote user="Alex "]Think we''re waiting on Lafferty to go before we can move forward in the striking department ourselves, so the sooner this happens the better - and yes, it''ll probably be a loan but I''ve got no problem with that now Oliviera has been confirmed (would love to see Mbokani back here though).[/quote]
Pink Un report suggesting it''s likely to be permanent. Dunno how reliable the...source is.

Awful professional, bang average footballer. Has an odd cult following by some even though he''s contributed absolutely nothing to Norwich City. Apart from that, I think he''s really good.

But if Laffs goes and we fail to get anyone else it will absolute suicide, even for this clubs extremely poor strategy in transfers and continually selling players instead of replacing first!

How will getting rid of a player that doesn''t play be suicide? He ain''t going to get a game here so we may as well get rid.

Laffs is clearly dressing-room kryptonite. Get him off the wage bill at all costs - Jerome, Oliveira with Morris for backup (and Josh or even Naismith able to play false nine in case of emergency) should be sufficient. There''s always the option to bring in a quality Prem player on a season-long loan once the Prem 25s have been finalised, and then give Carlton some more loan experience.

Hopefully all done and dusted, and we''re now in the process of securing a presumed loan striker. Hope Alex etc have got plenty of coffee tonight, don''t expect he''ll be getting much sleep... 👍

[quote user="kick it off"]FTW - Loan window closes tomorrow. No more loaning after the squads are finalised, it shuts with transfer window.[/quote]Oh really? Has that changed since last season, then? The loan window always used to reopen for FL clubs a week or two after the permanent window closed...

Yeah, Fifa changed the rules this year. Only half season or full season loans now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3427432/Next-transfer-deadline-day-set-chaos-FIFA-s-emergency-loan-ban-comes-play-Football-League-clubs-bound-suffer.html

Ah okay, thanks for that. All of a sudden I am a little less chilled out about tomorrow... [:|]

I''m glad that stupid emergency loan rubbish has gone. Should kick a few slack people into shape. Used to annoy me that some clubs could just abuse the system and never bring through their own players. At least now a loan deal is a big commitment.