Sign in to follow this  
cardiffcity

Kyle Lafferty to Cardiff City

Hello,

As you all know it seems like Lafferty is on his way to us on loan.

What do you all make of this signing for us? Are you pleased or dissapointed to see him go?

All replies appreciated!

Good luck for the season, somehow I think we''ll both be fighting at opposite ends of the table - with you towards the top obviously!

Thanks,

Cardiff City fan in peace.

Loan? well that is a shame. Was hoping for him completely off our books tbh.

Never given a real run out, but being honest.....the guy is a bit of a donkey.

Yes he knows where the back of the net is and will score maybe 10 goals a season. But otherwise you have yourself a bit of a liability if it comes off. Good luck to you.

He has a cult following here but not quite sure whether the champs is a level too high for him. Hope it works out for you both

Our manager doesn''t seem to rate him, whether that''s due what happens off the pitch, we just don''t know, as he has hardly been given a chance on the pitch to tell. Good luck with him, as above a bit of a cult following here.

Under our previous manager Kyle was played out of position on many occasions, then AN came in and didn''t really fancy him because of his ''off the ball antics''. I''ve heard this is because his punctuality at times isn''t the best (could be rubbish), but his record for NI speaks for itself. A determined Kyle Lafferty with his head screwed on could be good at this level and it''s fair to say when he''s been played in his preferred position in cup games, he''s produced more often than not. At the end of the day he''s doesn''t come across like Alex Neil''s type of player, be that because of his attitude, ability or both, but I guess when a new manager comes in, they have the right to choose their team based on their philosophy. Either way Kyle is better off somewhere else for his careers sake, I hope he does well for you, but not too well :P.

He''s an odd one, that''s for sure. Immediately after we signed him he played on the left of midfield for a while, which certainly didn''t play to his perceived strengths. Since Alex Neil arrived he''s barely had a look-in, pretty obvious that Neil doesn''t rate him.Laffs has a reputation as being a bit of a loose cannon - always looks like he''s about to pick up a card of one colour or another, and his off-pitch antics have been well documented. He does look a handful whenver he plays, and with the right manager and team around him could be a decent Championship striker (or at least an option from the bench when you need a big lump to aim at).Don''t expect too much, and you won''t be disappointed... he''s a gamble, but he could chip in with a few and cause some problems. He''s clearly annoyed with the way he has been treated here - if you start him against us at Carrow Road, he''ll probably get his dumb ass sent off for kicking someone... [:)]

[quote user="cardiffcity"]Hello,

As you all know it seems like Lafferty is on his way to us on loan.

What do you all make of this signing for us? Are you pleased or dissapointed to see him go?

All replies appreciated!

Good luck for the season, somehow I think we''ll both be fighting at opposite ends of the table - with you towards the top obviously!

Thanks,

Cardiff City fan in peace.[/quote]

How Kyle arrived to us - he made a good impresssion playing on the left, showing good skills and attitude. He never really made he breakthrough as a first team regular after a few weeks, ending up as a bit part player.   Later in the season when he made appearances, he was reckless in the way he played - a red card waiting to happen  and after that, he hardly played at all.  However, whenever he has played for NI and on the occasions he has played in reserve type/cup matches - he has done well, scoring more often than not.  So it''s a strange one.  Seemingly too maverick for our manager and as a result he''s not been given a chance at first team level. He definitely has ability and there is a player in there with something to offer, but his head has to be right - and that may be your problem.

I''m sorry to see him go, never felt that he was given a fair chance here. Constant rumours of his attitude, professionism etc, but he''s older and hopefully more mature, so I think he''ll do a good job for you. Best of luck to him

Never really had a chance BUT as we like Cardiff so much you can have him free of charge ,

Thank us by beating Ipswich and some of the top teams as Payment

Looking at your squad list I would say that he is an improvement on what you have.Having said that I have always liked Le Fonde when he is on form, shame that he can never maintain it for long, bit like Pilkington in that respect.

Watched him in our reserve and under 21''s side and he was a waste of space in every game i''ve seen.

He obviously has ability, but seems to need to be treated ''specially'' to find it - has had as many clubs as I''ve had hot dinners - and for us probably isn''t quite worth the amount of effort that it takes given we have had better players on the books who don''t need it. Good luck to him though.

If City dont get two strikers in by Wednesday night, and right now we have officially not even one in, then Kyle may well still be at Norwich come thursday. Just so many ifs and buts in the last 2 or 3 days of a window, main reason why i had hoped NCFC had got their business done long by now, but seems like its our way to wait until the last possible moment.

Expect to see him start score the winner and end your away day blues. Never given chance to prove he was a striker.

After the Birmingham game I stayed with some Birmingham supporters who advised when he was there on loan he got a game and a half and is still considered the worst player ever to wear a Birmingham shirt. He has been a few places on loan and no managers have played him.

Says it all really, but you never know maybe he will train hard instead of tweet herd at his new club.

Thanks for all the replies - can''t say it sounds too promising!

All comments put on this topic for our fans to read:

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=176681

[quote user="Molly Windley"]Looking at your squad list I would say that he is an improvement on what you have.Having said that I have always liked Le Fonde when he is on form, shame that he can never maintain it for long, bit like Pilkington in that respect.[/quote]

Pilkington very inconsistent, but Le Fondre never did it for us unfortunately.

Seems to cause trouble for managers wherever he goes - presume it''s off field antics and lack of professionalism.
Ignoring all of that, he just doesn''t look a particularly effective striker for me.

To be honest, he''s never really had a run of games in his preferred position with us. The only time he had a run, he was played on the left and was largely ineffective. I''ve not seen anything to convince me he is up to the job in the Champs. Probably score a few, but not enough to warrant a spot in the starting 11.

Off the field, he seems like a total tool to be honest, and unprofessional by all accounts. Charged by FA with misconduct earlier this year for betting on football, and to be honest, he comes across as not being the brightest of the bunch, even by footballer''s standards.

Below is worth a read regarding why Palermo got rid. Fairly sure when he signed for us, there were unsubstantiated rumours that he''d shagged a chairman''s daughter somewhere through his career too.

TL;DR - Mediocre striker, not worth the headache.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/kyle-lafferty-axed-by-palermo-hes-out-control-womaniser-1454448

I try not to say anything negative about any of our players but let me know when he''s gone lol lol

[quote user="Diane"]I try not to say anything negative about any of our players but let me know when he''s gone lol lol[/quote]

👍

[quote user="The young canary"]Clearly Cardiff have never scouted him and thank the Lord for that as well.![/quote]How can you scout someone when they hardly ever play? [:^)]

Think we''re waiting on Lafferty to go before we can move forward in the striking department ourselves, so the sooner this happens the better - and yes, it''ll probably be a loan but I''ve got no problem with that now Oliviera has been confirmed (would love to see Mbokani back here though).