Sign in to follow this  
Mr Angry

Hillsborough-96 victims unlawfully killed

Hopefully we''ve heard the last of the ''It''s never your fault'' chant. Although Liverpool fans have to stop singing about Munich 58 too.

I agree there is a tendency for fans not to engage brains when following a chant, and we shouldn''t have needed a legal ruling to have made this judgement

Where is the original thread gone Moderators, please reinstate immediately you have brought this forum into disrepute (especially with the pathetic thread having a go against the junior Doctors left in)

The original thread was brought into disrepute by the bellend blaming Liverpool fans for the disaster despite today''s verdict clearing the fans of any blame.

When it''s gone, it''s gone.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Let''s not forget Liverpool fans were to blame for the Heysel Stadium disaster.[/quote]

Yes they did and people went to jail for it. Justice was done, which is exactly what hadn''t been done in the case of Hillsborough.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]The original thread was brought into disrepute by the bellend blaming Liverpool fans for the disaster despite today''s verdict clearing the fans of any blame.

When it''s gone, it''s gone.[/quote]The threads are dropping like flies!

Seriously what is going on with the deleted threads today? I thought the jr doctors one was generally pretty civil and interesting.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Katie Borkins"]The original thread was brought into disrepute by the bellend blaming Liverpool fans for the disaster despite today''s verdict clearing the fans of any blame.

When it''s gone, it''s gone.[/quote]The threads are dropping like flies![/quote]See what you mean.Militant Canary''s thread addressed to the moderators querying the pulling of his original thread has now been pulled.A right '' Carry On ''.....

[quote user="king canary"]Seriously what is going on with the deleted threads today? I thought the jr doctors one was generally pretty civil and interesting.[/quote]That can now be found here

Starting to become ridiculous and childish. They will kill this Forum if they pull all the non football threads.Other issues seem to be discussed on other Forums without all this censorship.

[quote user="ricardo"]Starting to become ridiculous and childish. They will kill this Forum if they pull all the non football threads.Other issues seem to be discussed on other Forums without all this censorship.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="king canary"]Seriously what is going on with the deleted threads today? I thought the jr doctors one was generally pretty civil and interesting.[/quote]That can now be found here[/quote]Wasn''t there a minute ago ''cos I looked![;)]

Let me try again, I find it ironic that a thread about coverups should be supressed

Today shows the dignity and courage shown by some parties today, if you struggle long to bring the truth to light and don''t give up then you can sometimes overcome. I am in awe of the families who have struggled for justice for so long against a background of Police, tabloid and Establishment lies.

This is a victory for Football as Everton put it today, a small victory for fans who have been treated rudely or casually or much much worse hearded and treated like cattle with a callous disregard.

Victory for the 96

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="king canary"]Seriously what is going on with the deleted threads today? I thought the jr doctors one was generally pretty civil and interesting.[/quote]That can now be found here[/quote]Why bother with it Pete, its virtually impossible to have a conversation on the Non Football thread because so few of us use it.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="king canary"]Seriously what is going on with the deleted threads today? I thought the jr doctors one was generally pretty civil and interesting.[/quote]That can now be found here[/quote]Why bother with it Pete, its virtually impossible to have a conversation on the Non Football thread because so few of us use it.[/quote]Indeed, but so many complain when a non-football post appears in this section...

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="king canary"]Seriously what is going on with the deleted threads today? I thought the jr doctors one was generally pretty civil and interesting.[/quote]That can now be found here[/quote]Why bother with it Pete, its virtually impossible to have a conversation on the Non Football thread because so few of us use it.[/quote]Indeed, but so many complain when a non-football post appears in this section...[/quote]

Maybe, but all you''ve done is kill to two or three most popular threads of the day. If they weren''t popular they would soon drop off. The Non Football thread is where they are sent to die.

So Hillsborough is non Football is it??

I thought it was at a match played in 1989 between

Liverpool and Nottingham Forest.

Its an emotive but very important subject and yes it touches on politics as well. The political element was introduced by the Government of the day, and the attitudes of its supporters The Sun and the South Yorkshire Police

[quote user="militantcanary"]So Hillsborough is non Football is it??

I thought it was at a match played in 1989 between

Liverpool and Nottingham Forest.

Its an emotive but very important subject and yes it touches on politics as well. The political element was introduced by the Government of the day, and the attitudes of its supporters The Sun and the South Yorkshire Police[/quote]No, that''s why it''s still in this section.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="king canary"]Seriously what is going on with the deleted threads today? I thought the jr doctors one was generally pretty civil and interesting.[/quote]That can now be found here[/quote]Why bother with it Pete, its virtually impossible to have a conversation on the Non Football thread because so few of us use it.[/quote]Indeed, but so many complain when a non-football post appears in this section...[/quote]

Maybe, but all you''ve done is kill to two or three most popular threads of the day. If they weren''t popular they would soon drop off. The Non Football thread is where they are sent to die.[/quote]I take your point Ricardo and in that spirit, and to prove I''m willing to listen, I''ll move it back.

[quote user="morty"]Pretty sad that folks complain about such things, to be honest.[/quote]Only ever seen about one post whinging about the doctors thread.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]Pretty sad that folks complain about such things, to be honest.[/quote]Only ever seen about one post whinging about the doctors thread.[/quote]There are a few here that virtually have Sports Desk Pete on speed dial.[:)]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="king canary"]Seriously what is going on with the deleted threads today? I thought the jr doctors one was generally pretty civil and interesting.[/quote]That can now be found here[/quote]Why bother with it Pete, its virtually impossible to have a conversation on the Non Football thread because so few of us use it.[/quote]Indeed, but so many complain when a non-football post appears in this section...[/quote]

Maybe, but all you''ve done is kill to two or three most popular threads of the day. If they weren''t popular they would soon drop off. The Non Football thread is where they are sent to die.[/quote]I take your point Ricardo and in that spirit, and to prove I''m willing to listen, I''ll move it back.[/quote]Thank you Pete, a very sensible and if I may say, a gracious move.[Y]

This is probably going to sound a bit sacrilegious but here we go...

I confess to being a bit of a lurker on the TWTD forum. Often to laugh at the misfortune of the binners but also because they discuss an interesting range of topics both football and non football. You still get the same weird personal vendettas, people slagging each other off and all people generally being idiots but it means it is a vibrant and varied discussion board for people to talk about all topics.

The moderation seems to be quite light-touch and threads are only pulled if they get personal. It is in my mind a pretty well run forum.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]Pretty sad that folks complain about such things, to be honest.[/quote]Only ever seen about one post whinging about the doctors thread.[/quote]There are a few here that virtually have Sports Desk Pete on speed dial.[:)][/quote]Pillocks.[;)]

This is probably going to sound a bit sacrilegious but here we go...

I confess to being a bit of a lurker on the TWTD forum. Often to laugh at the misfortune of the binners but also because they discuss an interesting range of topics both football and non football. You still get the same weird personal vendettas, people slagging each other off and all people generally being idiots but it means it is a vibrant and varied discussion board for people to talk about all topics.

The moderation seems to be quite light-touch and threads are only pulled if they get personal. It is in my mind a pretty well run forum

Not today its not, I strongly object to having a thread entitled Justice for the 96 pulled, my thread protesting about it being pulled and then it being denied it was pulled at all. Very 1984

[quote user="king canary"]This is probably going to sound a bit sacrilegious but here we go...

The moderation seems to be quite light-touch and threads are only pulled if they get personal. It is in my mind a pretty well run forum.[/quote]I have to confess that I am guilty of the same thing KC and I don''t think the non football threads have any detrimental affect on the content. If anything the stimulate greater participation.

Perhaps the traditional convention of starting a thread with the prefix "OT" ( off topic) when it isn''t Norwich City related would mean that the people who have issue with non Norwich City threads, would have no need to look at it. And no need to go running to Pete about it.