Sign in to follow this  
Jools

EURO 2016 - THE PINK 'UN GOD OF FOOTBALL

Agreed Hairy, he has been very poor in every match so far, apart from the one he managed to score 2 in.

World''s best player?

Not on what I''ve seen so far!

Lord Horn (again) [quote]sorry - late to the party. Can I go Wales, Italy and France on the remaining 3 matches.[/quote]You can indeed, Lord Horn (again) and well done in selecting Wales [Y] tettey''s Jig also predicted a Welsh victory and overtakes Hairy Canary at the top by half a point.Best game of the Euros tonight and fantastic performance by Wales  [Y]

cmon iceland -- will mean i have predicted all 4 losing teams...

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]I make him half point behind Jools. Not that I''m desperate to win or anything 🤗[/quote]

Quite correct, Hairy Canary, I tallied points from Tettey''s Jig initial (post) selections which would''ve garnered him 6pts as opposed to his revised selection that accrued 4pts and keeps him in 4th place rather than overtake you at the top [:|]Current Tables:

PREMIER DIVISION

Hairy Canary -- 22ptsLord Horn (again) -- 21.5ptsParma Ham''s gone mouldy -- 21.5ptsTettey''s Jig -- 21.5ptsHector Brockelbank -- 19ptsJools -- 19ptsAJ --     17.5ptsFuzzar -- 17.5pts

CHAMPIONSHIP

Lessingham Canary -- 17ptsnutty nigel -- 16ptsSwindonCanary -- 15ptsZippersLeftFoot -- 14ptsHissing Sid -- 10.5ptspaul moy -- 10.5ptsKatie Borkins -- 10ptsThe Walking Man -- 8.5pts

As the competition draws to its finale, now more than ever will you have to be very careful with your selections.SEMI-FINALSThe teams marked with an asterix are those that are considered underdogs of respective ties according to latest odds at bet365 -- if you happen to select any of said teams and they win you will receive 4.5pts as opposed to 1.5ptsPlease also predict who you think will win Euro 16 for a bonus of 3pts at the end -- these points will be added on regardless of selections come The Final.Good luck [Y]

PORTUGAL versus WALES*GERMANY* versus FRANCE

Yup. Wales and Germany for me as well, with the Germans to win it. Looks like I''m going to get relegated.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Wales and Germany for me with Germany to win the final.[/quote]This means I can''t catch you, HC [:|][;)]Be interesting to see what Lord Horn & Tettey''s Jig predict...

OK - call me crazy but I''m going for Wales and France and Wales to lift the trophy making the year of the football underdog complete! After all we did have GoGo Dragons in the city last year so must have been a sign!

Dreadful round for the majority of us and not many points garnered, but Lord Horn (again) on equal points with both Parma Ham''s gone mouldy & Tettey''s Jig, replaces Hairy Canary at the top as the latter slips down to fourth --- Fuzzar is relegated to the Championship.

PREMIER DIVISION

Lord Horn (again) -- 23ptsParma Ham''s gone mouldy -- 23ptsTettey''s Jig -- 23ptsHairy Canary -- 22ptsHector Brockelbank -- 20.5ptsJools -- 19ptsLessingham Canary -- 18.5ptsAJ --     17.5pts

CHAMPIONSHIP

Fuzzar -- 17.5ptsnutty nigel -- 17.5ptsZippersLeftFoot -- 15.5ptsSwindonCanary -- 15ptsHissing Sid -- 10.5ptspaul moy -- 10.5ptsKatie Borkins -- 10ptsThe Walking Man -- 8.5pts

Only ZippersLeftFoot, Hector Brockelbank & nutty nigel stand to gain a bonus 3pts if France are victorious in The Final.

THE FINALThe team marked with an asterix is considered underdog of respective tie according to latest odds at bet365 -- if you happen to select said team and they win you will receive 7.5pts [:O] as opposed to 3pts -- please predict the final score at the end of normal time for a bonus 4.5 points

PORTUGAL* versus FRANCE  

Good luck [Y]

Lord Horn (again) ~ [quote]France 3-0

Allez Les Bleus!

Thanks for organising this - excellent pick me up on the way to the new season (despite the awfully boring new season ticket!!!!)[/quote]You''re very welcome, I''ve enjoyed it [Y]I note that Parma Ham''s gone mouldy has gone for Portugal, which leads me to assume that he''s thinking how I''m thinking? They finished third in their Group with three draws and were lucky to find themselves in the weaker pool for the rest of the competition, yet still their performances have been mediocre en route to The Final -- it makes one wonder if Portugal''s name is on the Trophy [:|]PORTUGAL 2 FRANCE 1