Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Neil Lennon

Lennon at Bolton is like Adams at Hearts, or whatever club it was we got him from. In both cases, funds are very limited (albeit for different reasons), but N.A. made a mountain out of his molehill while Lennon seems to have tripped over his.

"Lennon at Bolton is like Adams at Hearts, or whatever club it was we got him from."

1) it''s Alex Neil and not Neil Adams

2) it was Hamilton Academical and not Hearts

3) you are a bellend

4) have a nice day

Now that''s a big Purple BOOM! ;)

Now does this idea that another manager could have had the success in the same circumstances stretch to if Hootun had taken over when Lambert did it or Roeder had taken over when Neil did? It''s an interesting dilemma....

NA, obviously. My mistake. Whatever 3rd rate club it was doesn''t matter. The point, which you DIDN''T attack because you know I''m right and I came up with it before you did, is that is about as fair away to compare the 2 managers. You''re welcome.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]NA, obviously. My mistake. Whatever 3rd rate club it was doesn''t matter. The point, which you DIDN''T attack because you know I''m right and I came up with it before you did, is that is about as fair away to compare the 2 managers. You''re welcome.[/quote]
Is it that obvious? Because you''ve got it wrong, again.

Even after succesfull managers like Bryan Hamilton, Jim Duffy, Glenn Roeder, Bryan Gunn and Neil Adams our current manager still boasts the % win rate in modern times, and yet people want to compare him to Lennon, crazy !!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Now, because Lennon has been sacked for failing* at Bolton, that discredited "stand-out" claim has quietly morphed into "Well, he would have done better than Adams". Which is, as you indicate, questionable in itself but even if true is nothing like claims being made last summer.[/quote]
My argument is more that subsequent events at Bolton don''t necessarily discredit any claim that he was the best candidate at that time. Obviously some posters enjoy backtracking and baiting each other about it and I wouldn''t want to stand in their way, I just don''t think him failing at Bolton means he''s necessarily a bad manager or wouldn''t have been successful with us. Regardless, it''s all rather moot given that we went with Adams and then Neil and got promoted anyway.
Obviously if those same posters were to start calling for Lennon to replace Neil right now we''d need a lot more popcorn [:D]

It''s easy to say I''ve got it wrong but not offer anything as backup, Coral Gables. That and your avatar make you look stupid. Add that to the ridiculous thread about English midfielders intercepting passes, and you come across as a sad, boring, hypocrite.

Come on, Hogesar, bring something, anything, besides insults and empty platitudes. Be a big boy now.

[quote user="Peanuts"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Now, because Lennon has been sacked for failing* at Bolton, that discredited "stand-out" claim has quietly morphed into "Well, he would have done better than Adams". Which is, as you indicate, questionable in itself but even if true is nothing like claims being made last summer.[/quote]
My argument is more that subsequent events at Bolton don''t necessarily discredit any claim that he was the best candidate at that time. Obviously some posters enjoy backtracking and baiting each other about it and I wouldn''t want to stand in their way, I just don''t think him failing at Bolton means he''s necessarily a bad manager or wouldn''t have been successful with us. Regardless, it''s all rather moot given that we went with Adams and then Neil and got promoted anyway.
Obviously if those same posters were to start calling for Lennon to replace Neil right now we''d need a lot more popcorn [:D]
[/quote]I hate popcorn. Can I have some nice cheesy nibbles[pi] instead?!

And as this thread reaches it''s end it looks as though we will never know who Nutty had in mind to take the job after Neil Adams. [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]And as this thread reaches it''s end it looks as though we will never know who Nutty had in mind to take the job after Neil Adams. [;)][/quote]

What was the best thing before sliced bread?

Why is Highland deemed to be more important than Ruthers?

If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do the rest drown too?

Why would someone trawl the archives, drag up posts to call another

poster out, and then blame someone else?

Whose cruel idea was it for the word "lisp" to have an "s" in it?

If the cook and her cohorts are holding us back, how is it that there are

so many clubs "we wanted to be" in our shadow?

Johnny Nash was right, there are more questions than answers....

Think he was referring to the fact you were wrong to put the initials NA (rather than AN, obviously). Again.

[quote user="Ian"]Think he was referring to the fact you were wrong to put the initials NA (rather than AN, obviously). Again.[/quote]
Gainer the Gopher, the Pink Un''s very own Donald Trump.
Only without the financial success, and probably with worse hair.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Found this from way back, some interesting suggestions, it''s a good job the board didn''t follow some of the choices.  [/quote]Certainly appears that Swansea had the same idea as I did, shame he''s had medical problems so far!