Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Howson, the unsung hero

Massive again today, getting stuck in and also getting forward (his cross for the disallowed Mbokani goal was inch perfect).

We may have stumbled across our best CM combo in O''Neil and Howson and long may it continue.

Fu*k me, Borbyn created football related thread.

I feel dirty for saying it but I agree with you pal.

I never used to think the Pigeon Botherer was all that, but I''ve slowly begun to appreciate his quality. Excellent player.

Looks so much better in the middle, to thinks Leeds thought they had a really good deal selling him for £2M

Big reason we''ve improved so dramatically is because he''s being played centrally.

Unbelievable engine on him, and a lot of quality to boot, as shown by his ball in for Mbok (disallowed) and layoff to MO for the winner.

Agreed. He and O''Neil complement each other very well. Was a bit worried to see him hobbling for the last ten minutes or so. Hope it''s nothing much.

Hopefully we''ll stay up so that we can find him a partner in the middle with the abilities of both Tettey and O''Neil.

Now that he''s playing as a proper box to box CM (finally), the team is excelling.

The loss of Tettey seemed like a massive blow at the time, reality is its allowed us to find out best CM pairing. Two players in O''Neil and Howson who can defend, go forward effectively and pass with accuracy.

Unsung? Not at all, as witness this appreciation published following the game at Upton Park earlier in the season. Should also give pause to those who complain so bitterly when AN selects him "out of position" as they would have it, notionally wide on the right.

Howson Will win POTS, not too late for someone to gatecrash the top 3, Klose or Mbokani maybe. Depends what happens in the next 5.

Or should I say 4. As I''m guessing it will be done before the Watford games on may 11th. POTS at a night game. Could be a HUGE game.