Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

Spurs Match thread

[quote user="iron_stan"]weve got no width at all, its an unbalanced team, poor poor selection from the manager

mulumbu looks about as mobile as my dead grandfather [/quote]

AN certainly doesn''t appear to know his best side.

Far too much chopping and changing. Not good for integrating new players either.

We''re in trouble.

That''s never a penalty, if that''s a penalty then so was the push on Naismith from the corner

We look like we came into this game expecting to lose. We''re not even working hard, no pressing, not snapping into challanges, just standing off and letting Spurs do what they want. Really starting to question if Alex Neil is able to get this squad playing for him.

[quote user="iron_stan"]maybe we might actually drop the bad luck charm that is sebastien bassong after that[/quote]

Be more specific with your suggested replacement. AN may otherwide just swap him for Russell.... I assume you mean drop Bassong for Bennett?

Well if we lose to Villa think AN will be gone can not see McN putting up with this rubbish much longer

Not sure how ''chopping and changing'' can be avoided tonight with a reported sickness bug, the need to give a new signing his debut and to reintroduce our best midfielder.....

Anyway are we that bad or Spurs that good? Soft old penalty too.

I think that''s a typical big team vs small team penalty. (ie, not one that would have been given the other way around)

Regardless of that, Bassong has been dreadful, and Pinto has been equally bad (just pulled out a 60/40 in his favour, and that is not acceptable).

Yes clumsy defending but never a penalty, as I sai if that''s a pen then so is the push on Naismith. Ref couldn''t wait to guve it

That Deli Alli header just about summed it up- a ball out to Rose and Pinto/Howson nowhere to be seen. Cross comes in, Alli doesn''t even have to make a run and gets a free header from 10 yards out despite both our centre backs being in the area. Dreadful, dreadful stuff.

Ryan Bennett must be p55ed off! He was playing well recently. I dont understand how he cant get in the team.

[quote user="djc"]Ryan Bennett must be p55ed off! He was playing well recently. I dont understand how he cant get in the team.[/quote]bennett and klose is a much better option than bassong and anyonebassong is a tool, you only have to look how many times hes been relegated to see hes not good enough for this level

Looks like the previous fans view of Pinto was spot on pity our scouts didnt ask them!

Brady is a huge loss.

Howson on the right going central all the time is leaving Pinto exposed and giving Spurs so much space down that side.

Mulumbu and Tettey together - no creativity.

Soft penalty. I didn''t think it was but Bassong looks slow in body and mind.

Naismith was just fouled in the penalty area. Friend is a terrible ref. ''He''s one of their own!''

Alex Neill has to look at himself for how he set this side up and how they are prepared (or not).

Pathetic 1st half of football there. 3 subs needed, get Bassong off the pitch for Bennett and Pinto off for Russ. Desperately need Wes on the pitch