Season ticket Academy donation.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]If I may say so Nutty

that''s a clever answer in not answering the question. You should be a

politician.Without any real faith in getting a straight answer do you

agree with NCFC engaging in inertia selling ? A simple Yes or No will

suffice.

[/quote]

I''m afrtaid that''s me Smiffy.

Now if you''d asked if I agreed with the way the way this £19 was collected from my ticket but not from my grandsons the answer is I''m fine with it.[Y]

Trading standards may be of more use to you[:^)]

Or Watchdog[&]

[quote user="morty"]You don''t need to opt out on kids season tickets, they don''t try and take it from them, stop making stuff up [;)]Now that would really be a step too far...[/quote]

That may be so but there are three tickets paid for through my account and I requested to pay the £19 once.[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"]You don''t need to opt out on kids season tickets, they don''t try and take it from them, stop making stuff up [;)]Now that would really be a step too far...[/quote]

That may be so but there are three tickets paid for through my account and I requested to pay the £19 once.[;)]

[/quote]Yes. It is so.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]I didn''t know we had fallen out Nutty[/quote]

If we have it will blow over. I''ve been trying to fall out with Tilly for over 30 years....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Yes. It is so.

[/quote]

But the fact remains that I only paid the £19 on one of the three tickets so still had to opt out one, one irrelevant and one paid,,,

suffice.

[/quote]

Now if you''d asked if I agreed with the way the way this £19 was collected from my ticket but not from my grandsons the answer is I''m fine with it.[Y]

Or Watchdog[&]

[/quote]A wonderful and not unexpected impression of a corkscrew answer there Nutty.May the sun never set on all you Clappies out there in '' Truman''s World ''.......[;)]

He''s quite happy to give them £19 Smithy yet he won''t eat those cold sausage rolls poor old Cameron Newark was bleating about at the AGM. It''s off to Morrisons every match for him instead of putting money in Mr. McNallys coffers.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]He''s quite happy to give them £19 Smithy yet he won''t eat those cold sausage rolls poor old Cameron Newark was bleating about at the AGM. It''s off to Morrisons every match for him instead of putting money in Mr. McNallys coffers.[/quote]I bet the value of said unbought Carrow Road sausage rolls total way more than £19 a season.I''m frankly shocked.

Just think Morty that if evry season ticket holder,all 22,000 of us bought a sausage roll every home game that would pay for the Colney refurb. Those rolls are about £3 each so there is a hefty mark up on them as they are about £1.20 for 6 in Morrisons.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Just think Morty that if evry season ticket holder,all 22,000 of us bought a sausage roll every home game that would pay for the Colney refurb. Those rolls are about £3 each so there is a hefty mark up on them as they are about £1.20 for 6 in Morrisons.[/quote]I''m all for it, its a proper, transparent purchase. Its not like you would pay for said sausage rolls in some stealthy manner, not really knowing you were even buying them, or would have to call a premium rate number to say you don''t want one.Or maybe they are missing a trick here, and just charge you for them anyway, and its your own fault if you don''t want one, you should have read the small print.

Oh that''s what they''re up to! Smiffys inertia has something to do with sausage rolls. Don''t eat them. Ardees sausages spoilt me.

Still no thanks for me finding you those email addys Tilly. Mind you I think you were bluffing because you had McNally''s email up here quick enough when we lost a few games last season...

:)

To hell with a mere sausage roll. I think the club should give everyone a Meal Deal on match days and leave the grub on our seats before the game. Imagine the mark up on a sandwich, packet of crisps and a drink (of your choice) ? I reckon we can get the new City Stand built in no time. The club already has our bank details to they can just take the cash. Better still why not just collect it from us at the start of each season? If you don''t want the food all you have to do is visit the Bar the day before the match and tell them you don''t want it. Alternatively email optoutofthemealdealihavealreadybeentomorrisonsbutthanksanyway@canaries.co.uk 

What a great idea. I''m feeling so chipper I might go and buy a padded seat.

I haven''t waded through all 11 pages to see if this has already been suggested...Those who think (and they have a point) that fans should have to opt in to pay the £19 rather than opt out not to pay should email McNally. And/or raise the subject at the next AGM.From yesterday''s podcast interview two things became clear. Firstly (and this is no surprise) that the club''s media team monitors this message-board to see what fans are thinking. So this argument will not have gone unnoticed. But emailing McNally would add to the pressure for change. Not least because (secondly) the club is least listening to fans'' concerns over two issues raised here - the buy-back scheme and casual pricing for 18-21-year-olds, and in the case of the former promising action.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]From yesterday''s podcast interview two things became clear. Firstly (and this is no surprise) that the club''s media team monitors this message-board to see what fans are thinking. [/quote]Despite what Peter The Deleter will say to the contrary it has been obvious for years which explains why some threads disappear. When the club pick up the phone and tell Archant to jump the first question is ''how high ? ''

[quote user="nutty nigel"]If it''s nothing to do with that 19 quid i don''t know what it is Smiffy. Honest.

Have they been up to something else?[/quote]Eh ? You well know it''s all to do with the £19 and how they use a sneaky tactic to get more people to pay it. 

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I haven''t waded through all 11 pages to see if this has already been suggested...Those who think (and they have a point) that fans should have to opt in to pay the £19 rather than opt out not to pay should email McNally. And/or raise the subject at the next AGM.From yesterday''s podcast interview two things became clear. Firstly (and this is no surprise) that the club''s media team monitors this message-board to see what fans are thinking. So this argument will not have gone unnoticed. But emailing McNally would add to the pressure for change. Not least because (secondly) the club is least listening to fans'' concerns over two issues raised here - the buy-back scheme and casual pricing for 18-21-year-olds, and in the case of the former promising action.[/quote]I am more than happy for the scheme to continue, if peoples apathy and / or the inability to read things sent to them helps develop the academy, then I am all for it.From my own point of view I actually forgot all about the donation, I opened the mail, and read "If you want your season tickets renewed you need do nothing" and didn''t have the time to read further in depth. I was then away in Africa mid January till Saturday just gone, so completely missed the deadline ( that I actually didn''t know about), and despite all the hoo-ha on this thread, I have scoured both letters mailed to me regarding renewal, and there isn''t one single thing on either as to how you can opt out. I still stand by the idea that you should have to opt out, not opt in.Its fine, its my mistake, but it won''t be repeated next year.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]He''s quite happy to give them £19 Smithy yet he won''t eat those cold sausage rolls poor old Cameron Newark was bleating about at the AGM. It''s off to Morrisons every match for him instead of putting money in Mr. McNallys coffers.[/quote]To be fair our Chief Exec''s idea of a competitive price for a sausage roll means there''s plenty of people like Nutty who would rather be a customer at Morrisons than a customer at Carrow Rd.Or should that be supporter ? [;)]

Your last posts Morty displays exactly what the club was hoping for....not bothering or having the time to read the small print which results in a degree of ignorance of the facts if i may be so bold as to say.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Your last posts Morty displays exactly what the club was hoping for....not bothering or having the time to read the small print which results in a degree of ignorance of the facts if i may be so bold as to say.[/quote]Yup, pretty much[Y]You know what my work life is like, I just don''t have time to fanny about with things like this.

Also whilst I don''t doubt NN''s good intentions in providing information as to how to opt out, its a pretty sad state of affairs that I have to find it out on a thread on this forum!Makes you wonder how may ST holders, who probably don''t read this forum, are also totally ignorant of the information.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]From yesterday''s podcast interview two things became clear. Firstly (and this is no surprise) that the club''s media team monitors this message-board to see what fans are thinking. [/quote]Despite what Peter The Deleter will say to the contrary it has been obvious for years which explains why some threads disappear. When the club pick up the phone and tell Archant to jump the first question is ''how high ? ''[/quote]I bet the Club would love this thread to disappear too Tilly.Apart from civil light-hearted joshing between the '' In '' and '' Out '' camps no one has said anything libellous or used the usual default tactic of describing fellow posters as sexual organs so poor old Pete has no ammo to shoot the thread down.Aint life a *****.

suffice.

[/quote]

Or Watchdog[&]

[/quote]

I think that probably counts as a "yes" !

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Just think Morty that if evry season ticket holder,all 22,000 of us bought a sausage roll every home game that would pay for the Colney refurb. Those rolls are about £3 each so there is a hefty mark up on them as they are about £1.20 for 6 in Morrisons.[/quote]

Do you think that they could cope with selling that many?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Just think Morty that if evry season ticket holder,all 22,000 of us bought a sausage roll every home game that would pay for the Colney refurb. Those rolls are about £3 each so there is a hefty mark up on them as they are about £1.20 for 6 in Morrisons.[/quote]I''m all for it, its a proper, transparent purchase. Its not like you would pay for said sausage rolls in some stealthy manner, not really knowing you were even buying them, or would have to call a premium rate number to say you don''t want one.Or maybe they are missing a trick here, and just charge you for them anyway, and its your own fault if you don''t want one, you should have read the small print.

[/quote]

I think you could be onto something here. The Club should include a price of one sausage roll per game in the annual agreement. They could issue a slightly amended season ticket card (perhaps with a sausage roll in the top left corner). Any supporter (aka customer) would need to opt out if they didn''t want to take advantage of this offer.

Can could do this by ringing a new sausage roll hotline.

" think you could be onto something here. The Club should include a price of one sausage roll per game in the annual agreement. They could issue a slightly amended season ticket card (perhaps with a sausage roll in the top left corner). Any supporter (aka customer) would need to opt out if they didn''t want to take advantage of this offer.

Can could do this by ringing a new sausage roll hotline. "

😄

But think of the moaning from those that didn''t read the small print and were blissfully unaware of their free sausage roll entitlement. They could go home needlessly hungry.

Especially upset will be those that apparently stock up with sausage rolls before arriving at the ground.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="TIL 1010"]He''s quite happy to give them £19 Smithy yet he won''t eat those cold sausage rolls poor old Cameron Newark was bleating about at the AGM. It''s off to Morrisons every match for him instead of putting money in Mr. McNallys coffers.[/quote]To be fair our Chief Exec''s idea of a competitive price for a sausage roll means there''s plenty of people like Nutty who would rather be a customer at Morrisons than a customer at Carrow Rd.Or should that be supporter ? [;)][/quote]

See this is a humourous way of talking bo11ox Smiffy. Like your inertia, whatever that is. The issue is the academy £19 and having to opt out. I have no problem with that. But that doesn''t mean you guys can make these huge judgements like "Oh so you''d be in favour of **something ridiculous**. No no, I have no problem with the academy £19 and the way it''s collected anything else feel free to run it by me first[;)]

Now is this the longest Morty thread ever where he''s failed to produce his sexual organ....

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]From yesterday''s podcast interview two things became clear. Firstly (and this is no surprise) that the club''s media team monitors this message-board to see what fans are thinking. [/quote]Despite what Peter The Deleter will say to the contrary it has been obvious for years which explains why some threads disappear. When the club pick up the phone and tell Archant to jump the first question is ''how high ? ''[/quote]Do you know that is the case? If it was there would hardly be a thread left here, and this one would have been long gone. It is an open secret that after the new regime took over at Carrow Road relations with Rouen Road were very bad, with Archant journalists feeling they had to be extremely careful about what they wrote. And that may still be the situation. Or perhaps there has been an improvement.But as someone who takes a professional interest in this kind of thing my experience over the years has been that the majority of posts/threads get pulled either because they have degenerated into foul-mouthed abuse or are defamatory, either of some poster, or someone in the news, or someone in the wider world of football rather than someone or some issue connected to Norwich City.