Sign in to follow this  
morty

Season ticket Academy donation.

Morty

Mr Jenkins wrote:

I opted out for my three tickets, missed the deadline by a day, sent them an email and all was sorted fine.

When was the deadline?

It was round about the last day of January as I recall.

Thanks Mr Jenkins. I''ll introduce you on the Wednesday. Any thing your not sure of just ask. This thread has double made my day now! Plus we got a win thanks to Chellecity earlier this evening :)

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Morty

Mr Jenkins wrote:

I opted out for my three tickets, missed the deadline by a day, sent them an email and all was sorted fine.

When was the deadline?

It was round about the last day of January as I recall.[/quote]Where did you find out there was even a deadline, I have just read my season ticket renewal again, and its pretty thin on info.No use to me anyway, I was away at work.

[quote user="morty"]We could have exactly the same debate about the airport development fee at Norwich airport lol.[/quote]You can always take your custom to one of the London airports (often much cheaper), but can''t exactly do the same when it comes to supporting your local football team. In this sense, the Stowmarket two have got supporters by the short and curlies.

In this us and them thread I''m so glad I''m one of us....

You thems are wayyy too miserable for me :)

Now, has anybody really opted out by phoning the premium rate?

Or did Morty, Smiffy and Tilly make that up....

Maybe some of us should start a kitty and have a whip around so we can repay Morty and co this £19 they''ve been so shamefully conned out of. Or maybe some pampers to deal with all the pant wetting.

Fans contribute to the club in all manner of ways. Season tickets, catering, corporate hospitality, purchasing shirts

This is just one area, I suspect all of the above helps contribute to the clubs future

All in all its a great way to raise extra revenue what''s not to like especially as it''s voluntary.

38 quid George. They took it off two of the three season tickets I spend over a grand a season on. 😉

[quote user="nutty nigel"]In this us and them thread I''m so glad I''m one of us....

You thems are wayyy too miserable for me :)

Now, has anybody really opted out by phoning the premium rate?

Or did Morty, Smiffy and Tilly make that up....[/quote]Oh Nutty, you''re such a tease.....I''ve phoned the premium number once a couple of seasons ago about opting out online and was told I couldn''t do it. I hung up. Living away from Norwich I do occasionally have to use that number mainly to secure a spot in the blankets for a friend in a wheelchair but I avoid it when I can. Truth is 0844 numbers are now included in many mobile packages which is a satisfying one-in-the-eye to the bean counters at Carrow Rd but taking extra money out of peoples pockets just so they can buy overpriced products is wrong in principle. I know many other companies pull the same trick on their loyal '' customers '' but that doesn''t make it right. I know in '' Clappy Land '' the sun always shines and everyone at NCFC can do no wrong but the Chief Exec''s '' little cut here, small slice there '' idea of running a so-called community loving business is depressing. Times were tough when Mr McNally arrived to steady the ship and he''s done a marvellous job in getting us on an even keel. Belt tightening was needed then but now we''re awash with Premier League cash all this penny-pinching is unnecessary.If this has indeed turned into an '' us '' and '' them '' thread then it''s a resounding victory for the '' thems ''.Time to haul up the white flag Nutty....[;)]

[quote user="Hull Canary"]Fans contribute to the club in all manner of ways. Season tickets, catering, corporate hospitality, purchasing shirts

This is just one area, I suspect all of the above helps contribute to the clubs future

All in all its a great way to raise extra revenue what''s not to like especially as it''s voluntary.[/quote]I don''t think anyone''s arguing that it''s not a good scheme. What people aren''t so keen on is the sneaky way NCFC operate it.

morty wrote the following post at 22/02/2016 11:22 PM:

Mr Jenkins wrote:

Morty Mr Jenkins wrote: I opted out for my three tickets, missed the deadline by a day, sent them an email and all was sorted fine. When was the deadline? It was round about the last day of January as I recall.

Where did you find out there was even a deadline, I have just read my season ticket renewal again, and its pretty thin on info.

No use to me anyway, I was away at work.

I don''t have mine anymore but thats the only info I''ve read so I presume it''s in there somewhere.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Why not pop into the ticket office on a match day and ask for it to be removed, or is that too sneaky as well?[/quote]

I agree it''s screamingly clear when you renew

Or why not just make it "opt in"?

The season ticket holders were more than loyal when the club needed us in league one, seems the club has a short memory. I stand by my opinion that this is a bit cheeky on their part.

Gawd, let''s not let this observation get totally out of hand , with an ''Us and Them'' mentality amongst supporters.

It was just a mild comment about the surreptitious way this is handled, that is all.

It is a situation that could be handled better. The Club have our money and we then have to make some time (it really doesn''t matter how long that time is, it is still extra time) to change the Club getting a bit extra, when all we really signed up for was a Season Ticket, and nothing else.

[quote user="morty"]Or why not just make it "opt in"?

The season ticket holders were more than loyal when the club needed us in league one, seems the club has a short memory. I stand by my opinion that this is a bit cheeky on their part.[/quote]Glad us thems stand united Morty.....[:^)]

Back in the day this was called Inertia Selling. It''s something the FCA would have your guts for garters over, so presumably this doesn''t fall into a advised sale of any sort.

"Add Ins" are a taboo subject with FCA. Buy any kind of insurance , and see if you get "legal expenses" or "Personal accident" insurance and it wont now be your duty to opt out. You have to "Opt in"

This isn''t far off an add in. Yes it is explained, but the very fact that you have to do something NOT to pay it sails close to the wind IMO.

You can email "optout@canaries.co.uk" or something similar so to be fair they do make it easier than is being suggested, but you wouldn''t get away with it in the Financial Services industry.

I don''t want to pay the £19 extra and having held a ST for the last 15 years I never have paid it, and not once have I phoned a premium rate number or even bought a stamp.

As a ST holder when my application form arrives I fill it in - remembering to tick the opt out box - and then pop it in an envelope then at the next home game ( which I go to as a ST holder) I drop it in at the box office.

No problem no hardship no additional costs.

[quote user="GPB"]Back in the day this was called Inertia Selling. It''s something the FCA would have your guts for garters over, so presumably this doesn''t fall into a advised sale of any sort.

"Add Ins" are a taboo subject with FCA. Buy any kind of insurance , and see if you get "legal expenses" or "Personal accident" insurance and it wont now be your duty to opt out. You have to "Opt in"

This isn''t far off an add in. Yes it is explained, but the very fact that you have to do something NOT to pay it sails close to the wind IMO.

You can email "optout@canaries.co.uk" or something similar so to be fair they do make it easier than is being suggested, but you wouldn''t get away with it in the Financial Services industry.[/quote]Now that you mention it I think I did try e-mailing that address, got no reply and ended up having to ring anyway.[:''(]In this day and age when it''s digitalia with everything is it really beyond the wit of the computer buffs at NCFC to incorporate an opt-out button somewhere in the on-line renewal form ?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="GPB"]Back in the day this was called Inertia Selling. It''s something the FCA would have your guts for garters over, so presumably this doesn''t fall into a advised sale of any sort.

You can email "optout@canaries.co.uk" or something similar so to be fair they do make it easier than is being suggested, but you wouldn''t get away with it in the Financial Services industry.[/quote]Now that you mention it I think I did try e-mailing that address, got no reply and ended up having to ring anyway.[:''(]In this day and age when it''s digitalia with everything is it really beyond the wit of the computer buffs at NCFC to incorporate an opt-out button somewhere in the on-line renewal form ?[/quote]Theres an online renewal form?I just get a letter telling me that my tickets will be renewed automatically, with absolutely no detail whatsoever on how you could opt out of the academy payment.

[quote user="morty"]Or why not just make it "opt in"?

The season ticket holders were more than loyal when the club needed us in league one, seems the club has a short memory. I stand by my opinion that this is a bit cheeky on their part.[/quote]

Correct, correct and correct !

[quote user="morty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="GPB"]Back in the day this was called Inertia Selling. It''s something the FCA would have your guts for garters over, so presumably this doesn''t fall into a advised sale of any sort.

You can email "optout@canaries.co.uk" or something similar so to be fair they do make it easier than is being suggested, but you wouldn''t get away with it in the Financial Services industry.[/quote]Now that you mention it I think I did try e-mailing that address, got no reply and ended up having to ring anyway.[:''(]In this day and age when it''s digitalia with everything is it really beyond the wit of the computer buffs at NCFC to incorporate an opt-out button somewhere in the on-line renewal form ?[/quote]Theres an online renewal form?I just get a letter telling me that my tickets will be renewed automatically, with absolutely no detail whatsoever on how you could opt out of the academy payment.[/quote]

The donation and the fact that you could opt out is clearly stated in the payment plan letter if you pay monthly. Of course, you could always use common sense to pick up the phone or go into the ticket office.

[quote user="GPB"]Back in the day this was called Inertia Selling. It''s something the FCA would have your guts for garters over, so presumably this doesn''t fall into a advised sale of any sort.

You can email "optout@canaries.co.uk" or something similar so to be fair they do make it easier than is being suggested, but you wouldn''t get away with it in the Financial Services industry.[/quote]

This is similar to the selling of PPI. I had a long career in the banking industry and remember customers had to tick a box if they didn''t want insurance. Most people identified ticking a box with a positive indication of wanting something, so left it blank and automatically got the insurance. Years later we have the PPI miss-selling fiasco.

Despite the fact that I have told the club year after year that I do not wish to donate £19 and never will, they still add it on. There can only be three reasons for this:-

1) They can''t be bothered to listen to what I am saying.

2) The system is deliberately made to allow £19 not to be included at the point of creation of the agreement form

3) There is a deliberate attempt to obtain £19 by quasi deception, i.e. the supporters overlooks it or forgets about it.

I am reasonably sure which of the above it is. Just to confirm, I have nothing against the scheme and credit to the people who make the donation. I prefer not to and I don''t think the club does itself any favours in the way it operates it.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="GPB"]Back in the day this was called Inertia Selling. It''s something the FCA would have your guts for garters over, so presumably this doesn''t fall into a advised sale of any sort.

You can email "optout@canaries.co.uk" or something similar so to be fair they do make it easier than is being suggested, but you wouldn''t get away with it in the Financial Services industry.[/quote]Now that you mention it I think I did try e-mailing that address, got no reply and ended up having to ring anyway.[:''(]In this day and age when it''s digitalia with everything is it really beyond the wit of the computer buffs at NCFC to incorporate an opt-out button somewhere in the on-line renewal form ?[/quote]Theres an online renewal form?I just get a letter telling me that my tickets will be renewed automatically, with absolutely no detail whatsoever on how you could opt out of the academy payment.[/quote]Perhaps it changed for the 2016-17 season letter, which I can''t find to hand, but the brochure I received for renewing for the 2015-16 season did detail how to opt out in case of an automatic renewal, either by by phoning the club or by emailing.

living in Norwich, i just walked down to the ticket office to renew. I was asked if I wanted to make the academy donation and said "Yes." I could just as easily said "No" as some of my relatives do. Obviously I am unaware f there are greater difficulties for those that live further away or can''t make it for occupational reasons.

George - as already stated I have been working away in the time that the deadline lapsed, one that I never even knew existed. And why the hell should the onus be on me, to address this, as already stated I give Norwich City over a grand a season, I find it slightly insulting that they feel the need to milk another 38 quid out of me by slightly dubious means. The one time I did opt out they managed to cock up my direct debits for months.

Webbo118 worte:-

1) They can''t be bothered to listen to what I am saying.

2) The system is deliberately made to allow £19 not to be included at the point of creation of the agreement form

3) There is a deliberate attempt to obtain £19 by quasi deception, i.e. the supporters overlooks it or forgets about it.

There is a forth possible reason which I would have thought was almost certainly more likely than the three you mention.

4) There are a significant number of ST holders who are ambivalent over whether to opt in or opt out of the scheme (I count myself in that group). By making the scheme opt-out these supporters will leave things as they are and happily contribute to the Academy and receive the free draw. This maximizes income from this group. There is no doubt that I would not bother to opt-in had the scheme operated the other way round.

When ''casual'' supporters buy a ticket for games, do they get asked if they want to add another £1 on to the total, which will go towards the Academy?

"On 2 Feb 2016, at 14:36, Ticket wrote:

. Thank you for letting us know. I have opted you out of including the Academy Donation on your 2016-17 Season Ticket renewals.

If you have any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,"

Not a problem opting out by email to the ticket office as you can see.

Not sure why people are trying to make an issue out of that.

With regard the club being sneaky, the information was provided to me, if they opt you in without telling you then that''s bad, but I don''t believe that to be the case, certainly not in my case anyway and I would have thought all the forms and information was the same.

I would be interested to know if those who are now opted in against their will were to notify the club that they want to opt out, what sort of response they get.