Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Lambert spoiled for choice....

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]Heart breaking if true Lapps[/quote]In his time with us it was as if a candle had been lit at both ends Waveney. Fantastically bright while it lasted but doomed to burn out quickly. And so it was.....It also explains why you now call yourself "Prince of Darkness".Bless. [:''(]

[quote user="lappinitup"]TalkSport are reporting Lambert has gone to Blackburn.............http://talksport.com/football/former-aston-villa-boss-paul-lambert-return-management-blackburn-rovers-151111173886[/quote]Now they''re saying Alan Irvine will be his assistant.....http://the72.co.uk/39624/former-west-brom-boss-to-become-blackburn-rovers-assistant/Wonder what will happen with Cully and Karsa?

They were sacked from their previous jobs for bullying, don''t recall them saying that they were going for unfair dismissal so it looks like they''re not going to be working together in the future.

Has he fallen out with Cully and Karsa or are Blackburn just saying that they don''t want those two there....you know....because of the bullying?

Was Lambo really at Villa for three years?! I swear it wasn''t that long!

Big decision for a club that chooses Lambert. He''s looked poor without culverhouse and Karsa, but was that due to Villa just being in a mess? Also depending on what was the truth about their bullying situation would anyone want to bring them into their club. Either way make or break for Lambert I feel.

[quote user="AJ"]Was Lambo really at Villa for three years?! I swear it wasn''t that long![/quote]Just under three years to turn from bright,young thing to stinky,old tramp. That''s Aston Villa for you.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="AJ"]Was Lambo really at Villa for three years?! I swear it wasn''t that long![/quote]Just under three years to turn from bright,young thing to stinky,old tramp. That''s Aston Villa for you.[/quote]

Funny really. When you think back to Lamberts and Brendan Rogers profiles 3 years ago. Maybe a lesson to bright young managers to make sure they go for the right job, not just be sold on a big clubs past glories.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Big decision for a club that chooses Lambert. He''s looked poor without culverhouse and Karsa, but was that due to Villa just being in a mess? Also depending on what was the truth about their bullying situation would anyone want to bring them into their club. Either way make or break for Lambert I feel.[/quote]
Cause or effect though? Yes Villa werent in top shape when he took over, but I would venture he left them in a worse one.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Big decision for a club that chooses Lambert. He''s looked poor without culverhouse and Karsa, but was that due to Villa just being in a mess? Also depending on what was the truth about their bullying situation would anyone want to bring them into their club. Either way make or break for Lambert I feel.[/quote]
Cause or effect though? Yes Villa werent in top shape when he took over, but I would venture he left them in a worse one.
[/quote]

I agree. He made a even bigger mess of things with Villa but it still bemuses me why he took that particular job in the first place. I think he''s now in danger if he buggers up his next job of looking like him and our club were just a right match at the right time.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Big decision for a club that chooses Lambert. He''s looked poor without culverhouse and Karsa, but was that due to Villa just being in a mess? Also depending on what was the truth about their bullying situation would anyone want to bring them into their club. Either way make or break for Lambert I feel.[/quote]
[/quote]

I agree. He made a even bigger mess of things with Villa but it still bemuses me why he took that particular job in the first place. I think he''s now in danger if he buggers up his next job of looking like him and our club were just a right match at the right time.[/quote]
I think his ego got the better of him, and I do wonder if he expected to get the Liverpool job that Brendan Rogers got. 

A define sideways lunge. I do wonder if you''re right and he ended up at Villa. He was ragged by the end indeed. Maybe he''ll end up as Mourinho mk 2 and only be able to muster short term success