Sign in to follow this  
Ashwood

Anywhere showing Sundays game in Delhi, India ?

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]An American college professor confronted him first and was shot, and 3 separate-from-him Americans attacked him and took him down. Or maybe one of the 3 wasn''t American but at least 2 were.[/quote]

What connection do you have to these people?

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]It''s cultural.

I responded to anti-American sentiment. You got anything to say about that?[/quote]
It''s knobs like you that cause the anti-American sentiment in the first place.
Well that and the reprehensible actions of your government over various issues over the last 50 years, the CIA trying to overthrow FIFTY democratically elected governments in other nations since WW2 because it didn''t suit the USAs agenda, your continued support for Israel and blocking any kind of peace process by insisting nobody else is allowed to control it, whilst you support the wrong side to commit war crimes and atrocities, your nation''s stupid stance on guns that sees 44 of your own countrymen murdered by bullets every day, and the disgusting institutional racism that is systemic across your entire judicial system.
But mainly, knobs like you.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]And 2 Brits laughed up the idea of a pinkun contributor''s daughter being raped in India while trying to find a place to watch the game. Let''s sing God Save the Queen.[/quote]
My patience with you wears thin.
I advised the person posting to ensure his daughter is equipped for a night out in India at a time where attacks on Western women are commonplace.
Nowhere did I "laugh up the idea she would be raped."
If you can show me where I did, by quoting text, I will happily apologise to you, Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, George Bush Snr, George Bush Jr, the native American people and Amanda Knox.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]It''s cultural.

I responded to anti-American sentiment. You got anything to say about that?[/quote]

There are thought to be around 150 American citizens fighting for the various extremist Islamist factions in Syria and Iraq.

I suppose you have a similarly strong connection to them, too?

" And 2 Brits laughed up the idea of a pinkun contributor''s daughter being raped in India while trying to find a place to watch the game. Let''s sing God Save the Queen."

Houston, you''re the only one who keeps insinuating that an assault has or will take place on a specific person. Now I''ve had first hand life experience with ''your culture'' and it''s accepted practice of telling porky pies over and over and over. The accusation you put forward is fraudulent and no matter how many times you keep repeating it, it will ALWAYS be fraudulent.

Put a whistle in her box if she''s assaulted? That was serious advice?

Your first post was not serious, Bonobor. Your elfin twit friend jumped in to add to your sick attempt at humor.

Anyone can cherry pick bad things about the US, but you can do it about England too. The fact millions from elsewhere want to be here, and that all of you want to come here and most of you have makes your criticisms come across as misplaced.

Try again.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]It''s so disappointing that, in a country where everyone seems to shoot each other, nobody''s bothered with you yet.
[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Check out the Delhi Canaries website - they seem like a reasonable bunch, although single western women in India have been known to be vulnerable to sexual harassment and worse, so I would recommend a rape alarm, some pepper spray, sensible (flat) shoes and a sharp knife just in case.
[/quote]

You really are a nasty piece of work.

[quote user="canary_1902"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Check out the Delhi Canaries website - they seem like a reasonable bunch, although single western women in India have been known to be vulnerable to sexual harassment and worse, so I would recommend a rape alarm, some pepper spray, sensible (flat) shoes and a sharp knife just in case.
[/quote]

You really are a nasty piece of work. [/quote]

I am just trying to help. What''s "nasty" about it?

Would some links to recent attacks help focus the mind? Single women - especially western women -need to be prepared.

The Foreign Office has issued similar advice. Are they nasty pieces of work too?

"all of you want to come here and most of you have makes your criticisms come across as misplaced."

Personally, I go to America for the self-esteem boost it gives me.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/india/safety-and-security

Crime

Women should use caution when travelling in India. Reported cases of sexual assault against women and young girls are increasing; recent sexual attacks against female visitors in tourist areas and cities show that foreign women are also at risk. British women have been the victims of sexual assault in Goa, Delhi, Bangalore and Rajasthan and women travellers often receive unwanted attention in the form of verbal and physical harassment by individuals or groups of men. Serious sexual attacks involving Polish, German and Danish women travellers were reported in 2014. In January 2015, a Japanese woman was kidnapped and sexually assaulted close to Bodh Gaya and a Russian woman was seriously assaulted by an auto-rickshaw driver in the Vasant Kunj area of New Delhi. Women travellers should exercise caution when travelling in India even if travelling in a group.

I await your apologies.

For what it is worth, Delhi is certainly a dangerous place for women. From my experience, it is the men who fill the lower cast system who are the culprits. They are lets say ''not shy'' to expose themselves to western women and (cough cough) openly masturbate in front of them. My wife over the five years we lived there was flashed frequently (normally by auto rickshaw drivers in public parks and drunk men on trains). So as lovely and incredible as India, and the city of Delhi are. Women (both Indian and Western) do need to be very very careful.

There''s "use caution" and there''s that trashy nonsense you delivered. Carry a sharp knife. Really? How''s that going to help getting thru customs you low grade jackass? You advice was meant to be funny and only that jerk wad elf found it so. Huge fail.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]There''s "use caution" and there''s that trashy nonsense you delivered. Carry a sharp knife. Really? How''s that going to help getting thru customs you low grade jackass? You advice was meant to be funny and only that jerk wad elf found it so. Huge fail.[/quote]In your hold baggage?I frequently carry tools including a knife, while travelling abroad for work.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]There''s "use caution" and there''s that trashy nonsense you delivered. Carry a sharp knife. Really? How''s that going to help getting thru customs you low grade jackass? You advice was meant to be funny and only that jerk wad elf found it so. Huge fail.[/quote]

Listen, numbskull.

Carrying a knife and rape alarm are sensible precautions and suit "caution".

It would be better if you just apologised now instead of continued to dig your hole ever deeper.

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Cheer Thecanaryfan, why did Bor refer to a non existent organisation when providing travelling advice, seems a bit of a daft thing to do?......[/quote]

Indeed.h He was most likely assuming there was a network of Norwich fans in Delhi. There isn''t.

The most sensible thing to do (which is why you didn''t include it in your sick attempt at humor) is to travel around the place with company and to stay away from areas where such attacks are more likely to occur. Your idiotic suggestion is one that could very easily make a bad situation much worse and quite possibly land her in jail.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Mountains and mole hills come to mind[/quote]Yup...

well, that went very nicely. hadnt read the thread earlier as am not ITK re India. Good to see that thread topic was vigorously discussed by all and came to a rational outcome and the OP got his info.

Fluffy Bunnies

"Your idiotic suggestion is one that could very easily make a bad situation much worse and quite possibly land her in jail."

Or possibly save her life.

Still waiting for your apology for suggesting I find rape funny.

Shall I just assume you don''t have the good grace?

Houston, you do realise that you''re arguing about a female who may or may not even exist, who has been subjected to an traumatic event which has not happened? Really? A real Alvin Einsteen you are.

Seems others found your joke to be in bad taste, Bonobor. No one has said your "advice" was anything other than a failed attempt at cheap laughs. Now elfie is suggesting the OP was a ruse. How low you 2 will stoop is still not determined, as elfie''s last post indicates.

The serious suggestions others made were quite interesting, and obviously appreciated by the OP.