Sign in to follow this  
Crafty Canary

What a fiasco

OP talks about joke bids and why can''t we sign someone before the end of the window.

1) we have no idea what bids have gone in where, he just wanted a bit of flouncy drama so believed what he read in the daily sport = idiot

2) who else is transferring players right now? How many of our rivals have managed to get deals through in the last couple of weeks? Do you think it''s a coincidence? Do you think, that when norwich sign a player/s on the last day of the transfer window that that''s what they WANTED to happen? Hell no! It''s just how it is! It''s stupid but it''s how it is! There''s this perception that a couple of weeks ago mcnally realised we needed a striker, like a kid who''s forgotten his homework untill the last minute. We''ll have been trying non-stop and will continue to to get a TOP striker. Not some nobody you thought looked good on Eurosport 3 years ago but someone that can actually help us.

So flounce away with the drama "what a fiasco! Oh my good gracious", faint like a 1950s serial actress if you want and believe all the rumours but don''t for a minute expect my sympathy or to buy into some sort of self prophesied crisis. We aren''t anywhere near. This OP was pure self gratification. Sick of it.

Precisely Indy. Unfortunately Buh is one of those people who resort to abuse rather than reasoned argument when he disagrees with an expressed opinion. Some with his attitude resort to violence when they don''t like something.

"Some with his attitude resort to violence when they don''t like something."

You never have to resort to violence when you''re right.

And ehat am I supposed to do? Throw an Internet at you?

Grow up.

I think BUH must be so focused on City he''s missed the likes Shaquiri signing for Stoke to name one of a number of deals.

People do have the right to call this summers transfers a fiasco if they want, I mean it took three weeks to get Brady sorted, we''ve not off loaded Turner, Laffs, RVW as everyone wanted and with players and agents being turned away by the manager after completing madicals and agreeing terms.

I''m not in that camp as I''d rather sign players who will be beneficial to the team in all aspects, so from that point I''m fully behind our transfers thus far.

But I would have liked to seen at least one forward and centre back in before now.

Last night was not good and this week will now be all about Grabban, taking some focus away from the manager and players prior to a very winnable game against a stuttering Southampton. Poor form by Grabban.

So in summary I can understand why some would say it''s a fiasco. Just their opinion and no different to those who disagree no need to get all aggressive!

The only "fiasco" is that someone should think our transfer situation is a fiasco.    Brilliant it isn''t, but we''ve made some good signings and some have gone out too.   No problem. Still time for transfers too as the window hots up - and it will - towards the end when the movement of one or two players at other clubs will open opportunities for everyone else.  

If there is a fiasco, it''s that there is a window like this during the first few weeks of the season, unsettling players and creating uncertainty at a time when clubs should be able to develop their teams in training without this kind of  stupid distraction.

Have to agree LDC, I know the transfer window is designed for multiple leagues to do deals which start at different times, but surely each league can close their transfers a week before kick off?

It''s a distraction that clubs don''t need, but it does add excitement to us fans waiting to see what our club can do last minute.

Yes, the window running into the season is very disruptive and a total distraction for us all. It seems worse this season than ever.

It''s a "fee arss co" dear!

The "fiasco amateur dramatic society" are reaching pretty badly here. I always imagine you are always clutching handkerchiefs for some reason. Check the thread I bunped the other night where Tony cottee described sighing alex neil over neil Lennon as a "fiasco" you lot are hilarious!

The shaqiri transfer took weeks and weeks btw, try and keep up.

Buh

"The "fiasco amateur dramatic society" are reaching pretty badly here."

Who are they and why are they reaching?

[quote user="Buh"]It''s a "fee arss co" dear!

The "fiasco amateur dramatic society" are reaching pretty badly here. I always imagine you are always clutching handkerchiefs for some reason. Check the thread I bunped the other night where Tony cottee described sighing alex neil over neil Lennon as a "fiasco" you lot are hilarious!

The shaqiri transfer took weeks and weeks btw, try and keep up.[/quote]

No you said who''s done any business in the last couple weeks, change the goal posts all you like.

But then you''re not on here to debate but to bait and bully posters.

Indy wrote:

No you said who''s done any business in the last couple weeks, change the goal posts all you like.

But then you''re not on here to debate but to bait and bully posters.

Nail and head Indy, (but he''s never wrong as he points out in his previous post!!). Well said.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"][quote user="Buh"]Has he been a massive idiot for 10 years or it just recently?

Totally misinformed OP. Like it''s been typed by someone who believes only we are not signing players and we are deliberately not signing players. Typed like someone who''s been recently smacked with a frying pan. A farce.[/quote]

Oh boy, you need to learn how to comprehend what you read.

I have not said that we are not signing players but that we are not going to spend big money on individual players.

I have not said we are not signing players merely that we have made embarrassingly low bids that are never going to be accepted. The fact that we have signed Dorrans, Mulumbu, Brady, Kean and Wisdom means that we clearly are signing players. However we have not addressed perceived issues in the forward line and defence. I am not alone in thinking that.[/quote]I think I am just about bright enough to understand Crafty''s justification for the "fiasco" claim about a transfer window that still has seven days to go. It is the assertion of fact highlighted in red.

Purple, my assertion that we shall spend big money on individual players is not a criticism of the club. We don''t know what the total budget is but if the 6/7 players in is accurate it is likely that we shall not pay big money for one if that means we have to forgo others to fit with the budget.

The Brady signing is an example of where our dealings have been a bit of a fiasco as we ended up paying what Hull are reported to have wanted despite the series of low bids. The foreign striker deal called of after the medical and personal terms seems to fit the term fiasco.

Now as a result of Grabban''s behaviour we need to find forwards in a matter of days when clubs know we are desperate and will hike the price. Some might also see this as a fiasco.

Wants to discuss rationally

Describes every tiny event as a "fiasco"

Genius!

Amazed we haven''t heard the classic "we are a national laughing stock" yet. Love that one.

Crafty Canary wrote the following post at 26/08/2015 10:22 AM:

A predictable response from sometime who cannot discuss rationally.

He''s probably more polite with his other account😄

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Purple, my assertion that we shall spend big money on individual players is not a criticism of the club. We don''t know what the total budget is but if the 6/7 players in is accurate it is likely that we shall not pay big money for one if that means we have to forgo others to fit with the budget.

The Brady signing is an example of where our dealings have been a bit of a fiasco as we ended up paying what Hull are reported to have wanted despite the series of low bids. The foreign striker deal called of after the medical and personal terms seems to fit the term fiasco.

Now as a result of Grabban''s behaviour we need to find forwards in a matter of days when clubs know we are desperate and will hike the price. Some might also see this as a fiasco.[/quote]Crafty, do post how you like, but I would advise against resorting to word games of that kind. I don''t see that as playing to any strengths you might have. In the context of the "fiasco" headline you chose for the OP and your contributions to the thread of course your assertion was a direct criticism of the club.

I don''t often agree with Crafty but apart from it is apparent that Lafferty has no future at the club and there has not been a '' hands off'' statement surrounding Hooper we now find ourselves with a cuckoo in the nest in Grabban.This story obviously has legs regarding him throwing his toys out of the pram. This means our brilliant young manager has a situation on his hands that he has never had to deal with in his relatively short tenure here and for that matter our CEO has not had to deal with this sort of thing now it is in the public domain either.In the eyes of all fans due to his terrific achievements since he took over Alex Neil walks on water and David McNally is seen as God. There is little doubt that we need not one but two high quality strikers both with at least a dozen goals in them for this season as despite his slight improvement last night RVW is not the answer. Romance and sentimentality amongst sections of our support will not cut it in the fiercely competitive Premier League.These next five days will be the most testing of times for both the manager and CEO since they arrived here and i trust them immensely to come up with the goods but should things not pan out as we hope we could be in for a very rocky ride especially if our work house Jerome flags or gets injured. The options without some added quality i do not even want to think about.

It seems to me that the use of the word fiasco is being used for the wrong means. Fiasco means a complete failure of plans deemed to be humiliating or embarrassing.

Let''s look at the facts of some of these situations. Robbie Brady was the number 1 target, I think we can all agree on that much. The club bid low and Hull wanted a lot more. We negotiated hard trying to keep the costs as low as possible eventually concluding a deal for a rumoured £6/7m. No failure there as we got our man for what looks like a fair deal in the current market. To date he looks good and can add something to the team. Most certainly not something to be embarrassed or humiliated by.

Larrivey came to the club agreed a deal but our Manager obviously saw a defect that he didn''t like. No idea what that was and would just be speculation to give a reason. Failure/ embarrassment etc. would be to sign that player at that point even though it wasn''t right and end up with another Bechio. The only reason we know this even happened was because his agent being deprived of his cut got upset and went public. No fault of the club but under the spotlight of the premier league it will get a little air time. How ever ask any fan of another club about this and they probably have no idea it has even happened.

The Grabban situation is still currently happening, none of us know what has been said behind the scenes and know how this will unfold long term. I''m sure with the transfer windows being shut in a few days we will see whether he stays or goes pretty quickly. Again though the club and us fans don''t have anything to be embarrassed by. If Lewis Grabban has reacted this way though I do believe he is the one who should be embarrassed by this situation. He is a man in his 20s employed by the club to do a job and last night he failed to do that. He will have lost respect from his team mates, us a as supporters and this will be something that when other clubs look at signing him will be seen as a character defect for the rest of his career. If any of us reacted that way in the work environment and stropped off because we were asked do something we didn''t like then the business/ organisation wouldn''t be embarrassed by it but the employee damn well should be because it''s not the way to react when you don''t get your own way.

[quote user="Buh"]Wants to discuss rationally

Describes every tiny event as a "fiasco"

Genius!

Amazed we haven''t heard the classic "we are a national laughing stock" yet. Love that one.[/quote]

my personal view is its one of those things that happens and im not crying about him going as long as we get a pretty penny. His goals v chances ratio is poor and never thought he had the "heart" that a Jerome or a Holt has.

What is embarrassing is how Buh has managed to somehow forget his personal disgrace of crying his eyes out like a little baby when the "great white dope" Adams got fired!! We would be a mid table championship team if we all had the limited and naive football knowledge of Buh

Oh Reginald! Fetch me a glass of water I''ve come over all a-quiver on account of the feearsco!

And yeah, I liked Adams, liked him even more when he got us to the top of the table. It didn''t work out but I haven''t thrown him under a bus and put him on par with a binner like some of you have. Never understood that one at all! Admire him for stepping up and helping the club when it needed a hand and had the good grace to exit with norwich having enough time to gain promotion. Whats done is done.

The crying continues.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I don''t often agree with Crafty but apart from it is apparent that Lafferty has no future at the club and there has not been a '' hands off'' statement surrounding Hooper we now find ourselves with a cuckoo in the nest in Grabban.This story obviously has legs regarding him throwing his toys out of the pram. This means our brilliant young manager has a situation on his hands that he has never had to deal with in his relatively short tenure here and for that matter our CEO has not had to deal with this sort of thing now it is in the public domain either.In the eyes of all fans due to his terrific achievements since he took over Alex Neil walks on water and David McNally is seen as God. There is little doubt that we need not one but two high quality strikers both with at least a dozen goals in them for this season as despite his slight improvement last night RVW is not the answer. Romance and sentimentality amongst sections of our support will not cut it in the fiercely competitive Premier League.These next five days will be the most testing of times for both the manager and CEO since they arrived here and i trust them immensely to come up with the goods but should things not pan out as we hope we could be in for a very rocky ride especially if our work house Jerome flags or gets injured. The options without some added quality i do not even want to think about.[/quote]Agree 100% with your post Til, couldn''t have put it better.  Add my total support to AN and DMc to sort this out.  Cuckoos have no place at our club.