Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

CITY VS IPSWICH: GOOD REASONS TO ARRIVE EARLY

Very special guests pre-match and flags for everyoneCARROW Road will be packed to the rafters as usual for Saturday''s Sky Bet Championship Play-off Semi-final, second leg clash against local rivals Ipswich Town.   And the sold-out stadium is guaranteed to be a sea of yellow and green with the Club teaming up with our sponsors Aviva to distribute 25,000 flags to fans in all home areas for the match.  

The flags will be waiting for Norwich fans when they take their seats for the eagerly-awaited clash, which kicks off at 12.15pm and will also be screened live on Sky Sports.   Supporters are strongly advised to get to the ground early for the game in order to enjoy and take part in the pre-match build-up - and to help avoid congestion and queues as kick-off approaches.   As well as the unique and vibrant backdrop of the 25,000 flags waving around the ground, the Club has invited some extra-special guests to join us in the pre-match build-up - so supporters should aim to get to their seats by noon at the latest to be part of this historic occasion. 

I did wonder whether they''d get some ''legends'' back to get us going - it would be great to see Grant Holt there as a guest, for starters :-).

That said, if we can''t back our side in this one, there''s something wrong.

I''ve got a strong feeling Grant will be there on Saturday - I tweeted him about it a couple of days ago and unsurprisingly got no reply yet he did retweet my other tweet I sent him at the same time - so knowing he read both, i do wonder if his presence pre match and around the dressing room maybe already arranged as a special surprise to gee up former teammates and us supporters alike - would make perfect sense given his huge influence, especially in derby games - McNally etc will know it would be a very canny move for sure and would be the perfect additional boost to get Carrow Rd rocking. I''d put money on it that it''s done and dusted.

That said, it''ll probably be Chris Hughton.... ;)

I''m not too sure if this is not beginning to over hype things. That should be for the game at Wembley. Saturday should be about a grim and ruthless mindset. A hard, but necessary task. Just as it would be if you had to mercilessly put down some worn out old nag (hich is pretty much what the game is about).The carnival can start afterwards and carry on in the build up next week. Hand out the flags then. The clappers. The horns, and anything else that makes a noise and gives colour. But Saturday is simply an execution.

Yes and no - the club will, and should, try to take every advantage it can from being at home, I have no problem in that so long as it doesn''t impinge on the players and their preparations.

oh god no, really?!?......i was hoping that the club wouldnt stoop to gimmicks like plastic clappers, flags etc.

If there was ever a game in our history that didnt require artificial aids like this , surely its here?!?

I still, believe that fans would turn up earlier if the pre match atmosphere wasn''t drowned out by the tannoy system and Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dum - trying to excite the crowd with the cringe worthy on the ball city fiasco.

when we travel away the fans never need this.

Turn the speakers down and let the crowd generate the excitement.

Shameless marketing from Aviva, to get more exposure on TV etc. Can''t imagine much paper flag waving in the Snakepit....

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]I still, believe that fans would turn up earlier if the pre match atmosphere wasn''t drowned out by the tannoy system and Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dum - trying to excite the crowd with the cringe worthy on the ball city fiasco.

when we travel away the fans never need this.

Turn the speakers down and let the crowd generate the excitement.[/quote]

The tannoy doesn''t help and it is a good idea to try and get people into their seats earlier.  In days gone by, the atmosphere would build from about half an hour before kick off. Nowadays a lot of people are too concerned with filling their faces either with pies or alcohol and only appear half a minute before kick off.   People could get in early, get the singing going early, save the alcohol/eating till after the match and focus on participating in creating some atmosphere beforehand. Even ten minutes before would help.  All pies and alcohol do before a match is slow you down. 

Last thing we need is gimmicks. Despite what is said on here, the 1p5wich crowd were really up for it last week. The roof came off when they equalized. We have Ruddy to thank they didn''t score early on, and half time stopped their momentum following the equaliser, without which the outcome would have been far more debatable. The first goal will be decisive tomorrow and slow starts have been a problem all season. Let''s hope Neil gets it right tomorrow.

I feel sorry for the poor buggas who sit near you Highland. Never heard such a negative rallying call. Is that what Lennon''s team talks are like?

The only place that would happen is in your head Highland. Funnily enough the same place as this binner nonsense you imagine. A city win tomorrow would be the sweetest instant karma.