Sign in to follow this  
westcoastcanary

Suspensions looming

Yellow cards today for Alex Tettey and Bradley Johnson mean that Tettey is only one card away from a two match ban and BJ only two cards away. I wonder if Alex Neil will try to "manage" the timing of these suspensions. Having them both out at the same time would weaken us defensively. Maybe Tettey will not feature on Tuesday, giving his knee a rest and ensuring a tenth yellow doesn''t keep him out of the game next Sunday.

Important we get people ready to take their place

Oneill and VOO have to be ready to go

You pick your strongest team to win the next game.You cannot start picking teams to prevent somebody getting a yellow & a ban, just the same as you cannot pick a team to prevent somebody getting a red and a ban.AN has to play what he believes is the strongest team & best formation to win at Blackburn and worry about the games(s) after that if and when the worst happens.

[quote user="Making Plans"]You pick your strongest team to win the next game.You cannot start picking teams to prevent somebody getting a yellow & a ban.....

[/quote]

Not quite true. Managers sometimes leave a star player out of a run-of-the-mill League game if it means he''ll definitely be available for a Cup Final, etc, shortly after.

Perhaps AN will think it''s more important to have Tettey for consideration on Sun ?

Johnson has 2 lives left? Excellent! Tettey will need a rest on Tues anyway but at least johnno doesn''t have to be too careful. Hopefully vadis and dorrans will be about to cover their potential bans if they happen.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]Yellow cards today for Alex Tettey and Bradley Johnson mean that Tettey is only one card away from a two match ban and BJ only two cards away. I wonder if Alex Neil will try to "manage" the timing of these suspensions. Having them both out at the same time would weaken us defensively. Maybe Tettey will not feature on Tuesday, giving his knee a rest and ensuring a tenth yellow doesn''t keep him out of the game next Sunday.[/quote]

Sor row, BJ and Alex both have nine now, just one to go before suspension

What a great position for a manager to be in. Losing a player or two to suspension? Bring in a Belgian and/or a Scottish international to replace him/them. Tetty to miss Blackburn, play against the binners and pick up a yellow at the end of the game. Two games missed, against Wigan and Millwall, Tetty has a little break and recharged for the run in. Cynical? Maybe, but that is the way I''d should pan out.

Johnson and Tettey are both on 9 cards according to the ncfc website so if either gets booked on Tuesday they will miss the Ipswich game.

I think he may rest one and play Dorrans ??

[quote user="cityangel"]Johnson and Tettey are both on 9 cards according to the ncfc website so if either gets booked on Tuesday they will miss the Ipswich game.

I think he may rest one and play Dorrans ??[/quote]Apologies. I took the figures from the Pink Un discipline stats which claimed to be up to date to 17th February. Maybe Johnson''s red card earlier in the season is included in the Yellow Card count?Re. the punishment for 10 yellow cards, as I understand it, it is 1 match for 5 yellows, 2 matches for 10, and three matches for 15 subject to various cut-off dates. The cut off for 10 yellows is the second week in April, so neither BJ nor AT is likely to have their slate wiped clean.

[quote user="Making Plans"]You pick your strongest team to win the next game.You cannot start picking teams to prevent somebody getting a yellow & a ban, just the same as you cannot pick a team to prevent somebody getting a red and a ban.AN has to play what he believes is the strongest team & best formation to win at Blackburn and worry about the games(s) after that if and when the worst happens.[/quote]That''s certainly one way of looking at it, but as ASMS says, some managers do try to manage potential suspensions rather like managing a minor injury. There have certainly been cases where a player has got himself carded deliberately towards the end of a game so as to be suspended ahead of a less crucial fixture.