Sign in to follow this  
ruthers1

Wouldn't it be ironic if...

Bolton Wanderers finished above us?!

When Lennon took over after 11 games they were rock bottom of the Championship table and guess where we were? Yep, we were top.

Just 8 places and 10 points separate us now and I would not bet a penny on us still being above them come the end of the season.

Lennon was the manager we should have had, and to think he walked away from Celtic Park on the morning of the day we appointed Neil Adams!

To further rub salt into the wound we eventually end up with the poor man''s Neil Lennon in the shape of Alex Neil (not his fault of course). And instead of a pre-season and 2 transfer windows he gets a maximum of 4 games to assess the squad before the revolving door slams shut for good next Monday.

It would be ironic if Lennon and Bolton finished above us, but it wouldn''t be at all surprising and it would be just what our spineless Board of Directors deserve.

Whittaker were to crack in a 30 yard winner in the last minute of a play off final against Ipswich?

Another one.You may well be right, but let''s give Alex the semblance of a chance before writing him off.Poor man''s Lennon ... my a-se.Lennon would have also been a risky punt in many people''s opinion and taking over rock-bottom Bolton with the players they had presents a far lesser challenge than that facing Alex Neil, which is full of high expectations.

FCC wrote the following post at 25/01/2015 4:06 PM:

Whittaker were to crack in a 30 yard winner in the last minute of a play off final against Ipswich?

He''s quite capable of doing that.

Lennon would have also been a risky punt in many people''s opinion and taking over rock-bottom Bolton with the players they had presents a far lesser challenge than that facing Alex Neil, which is full of high expectations.

A risky punt like Neil Adams you mean?

Are you honestly telling me that under Lennon (if he''d taken charge in May/June) you think we''d be outside the top six right now?

My a-se

[quote user="ruthers1"]Lennon would have also been a risky punt in many people''s opinion and taking over rock-bottom Bolton with the players they had presents a far lesser challenge than that facing Alex Neil, which is full of high expectations.

A risky punt like Neil Adams you mean?

Are you honestly telling me that under Lennon (if he''d taken charge in May/June) you think we''d be outside the top six right now?

My a-se[/quote]Got it in one. That''s exactly what I''m telling you.Now let''s not start writing Alex Neil off just yet and start fantasing about Neil Lennon and what might have been.Predicting the unpredictable and I never mentioned Adams. MM was my first choice in any case whilst Lennon was proven in SCotland a one horse race. 

MM? Really?! Mmmmm.

I hear what you say Broadstairs, true we''ll never know what NL would''ve done here up to this point.

I''ll ''wager'' you this though, there''s a 10 point gap between us and Bolton right now - I bet you this moves in Bolton''s favour between now and the end of the season?

If I''m wrong I''ll gladly come back on here in May and eat humble pie.

BTW I''m not writing Neil off I''m simply saying IMO he''s not as good as Neil Lennon and that he''s been given a mountain to climb and no time to do it in.

I''m not sure ironic really works here. It would be, as others have pointed out, annoying but that''s about it.I think if Chris Hughton''s Brighton finish in the play-offs and gain automatic promotion that would perhaps be ironic. But even then it''s a stretch.

Yep, great Manager that Lennon, absolutely brilliant, experienced & flawless. I might be tempting fate but Bolton are currently 3-0 down to Rotherham at half time.Lennon out!