Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Had just about enough of idiot Norwich fans

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Huckerby didn''t come during a transfer window Morty. Unless you''re referring to when he was signed permanantly.

[/quote]Yes I know, I was more referring to the impact that he made, and that extra momentum his arrival provided. We could have done with a signing that made everybody feel "You know what, we might still do this"I feel like we are literally one bad defeat away from giving up on the season.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Indy"]

Well here''s a question to you and those who hate the negative fans and say tgey support the team.....where were you during the Brentford game when thing were bad on the pitch ? I couldn''t hear anyone singing....cheering....or being supportive, only the booing.

So if you all class yourself as a real suppirter and not a ''Fairweather supporter what happened to you? Where was the support? Why were you all so quiet during that game ?[/quote]Absolutely spot on, Indy.But then again you are discounting the fact that people like NN, who come on here with there tedious unfunny lectures, are of the "do what I say, not what I do" school of thought.[/quote]

This is not spot on. It''s way off beam. You two boo boys are either trolling or posting out of the ignorance of not being at the Brentford game. There were at least as many, probably more, supporters who showed their appreciation to Hooper and encouragement to Hoolahan as there were you boo boys booing the new managers decision. There were also at least as many, if not more, supporters who showed thgeir apprecioation of Whittakers efforts out of position and encouragements to Grabban replacing him as there were you boo boys jeering. There were also arguments in the stands between fans about the negative reaction.

Now as always Ive answered your points with honesty. But none of you boo boys have given an example of where your petulant antics during matches have ever influenced results positively.

If thats the case Nutty that sooo many were behind the team I didn''t hear you too many of you so called real supporters starting any chants to drown out any negative stuff in fact it was so quiet all second half.....so come in where was all you lot like BUH who are so much more fans then us why didn''t you lot get behind the team last hone game? It was like a morgue and you could hear the groaning of another hoofball.

And as normal throwing things and putting your spin on it.....PS I hope you''ll be the first to drown out any moaning this weekend if it goes south......Finally I didn''t booas I believe it is distructive during the game but can''t be as critical as you high and mighty lot!

As I said Indy, there were as many of us being supportive of the managers substitutions and associated players as there were the boo boys. If you were neither booing or supporting you will have heard that for sure. A little bit of honesty wouldn''t go amiss here...

Or are you honestly saying you did t hear the mixed reaction?

As per normal, Indy, NN , whilst playing his tedious ''honesty'' card, goes on to be dishonest himself and making stuff up that he cannot possibly know.He implies that we are ''boo-boys'' . How does he know ? I have been honest in that I''ve said that I do not boo, but can understand those who do . How does that make me a boo boy ?He also implies that we did not actually attend the Brentford game . Cannot speak for others, but I certainly did. If NN refuses to believe that, well there''s not much I can do about it, but if pushed ,could provide at least ten people who could vouch for me.I can honestly say that I recognise Indy''s version of events. Most of the game CR was like a morgue. Indeed, I recall remarking to a guy sitting near me that there have been several comments on here referring to Portman Rd being a ''library'', but on that day CR was not a lot better. I certainly did not hear much clapping and cheering at the timers in question, and I sit very near the snakepit.  So where in the ground was all this massive support for managers substitutions, NN?  Because, no, I HONESTLY  did not hear it .For the umpteenth time, I''ll repeat, I do not boo our players during the match . This incinuation that you are ''honest'' and others are not, might sound very clever NN, but, unfortunately , it is not borne out by the reality. As I said before you are a past master in the school of ''do what I say, not what I do''.

No nutty I was there and if I''m honest I didn''t agree with the sub of wes for hooper but I didn''t think the reaction around me in the lower barclay was anything other than applause for the players but mixture of booing for it not being Whittaker. Secondly we conceded after that sub so in my book it didn''t work and Wes never got into the game. The second sub was ironic cheering with booing after the initial reaction of booing at the number lifted as ee all thought Neil was taking off Olsson for Grabban, till it turned out to be the Brentford sub.

My question is that you & BUH who are so loud on here yet between all the booing I didn''t hear all you supporters trying to start chants or singing all I heard was a shed load of moaning so where was you when your team needed you ?

[quote user="Indy"]No nutty I was there and if I''m honest I didn''t agree with the sub of wes for hooper but I didn''t think the reaction around me in the lower barclay was anything other than applause for the players but mixture of booing for it not being Whittaker. Secondly we conceded after that sub so in my book it didn''t work and Wes never got into the game. The second sub was ironic cheering with booing after the initial reaction of booing at the number lifted as ee all thought Neil was taking off Olsson for Grabban, till it turned out to be the Brentford sub.

My question is that you & BUH who are so loud on here yet between all the booing I didn''t hear all you supporters trying to start chants or singing all I heard was a shed load of moaning so where was you when your team needed you ?[/quote]Well he was actually at the game, for a start....

Here we go again......so was I as normal....was in the Cinema bar before the game as normal chatting with friends who all sit in block A Lower Barclay and I have never denied Nutty wasn''t there.....dear god why do some just make assumptions!

So where were all these so called Real Supporters in the ground why didn''t they get behind the players when the players needed them? Come on morty?

[quote user="Indy"]Here we go again......so was I as normal....was in the Cinema bar before the game as normal chatting with friends who all sit in block A Lower Barclay and I have never denied Nutty wasn''t there.....dear god why do some just make assumptions!

So where were all these so called Real Supporters in the ground why didn''t they get behind the players when the players needed them? Come on morty?[/quote]Did you get behind your team or did you boo?I really can''t be bothered to read back.

Yes there was mixed reaction. Thank you Indy. Perhaps you could explain that to Reggie who reckons he honestly didn''t hear it.

My days for starting chants are over. I used to be very vocal but from my seat below pitch level in the blankets the best I can do isoffer a few words of advice to officials and opposition players when they are in earshot. But your question makes no sense. As far as I could tell there were no chants. Just boos, jeers and encouragement dependant on booboy or happy clapper tendencies.

Yet again I fully account to your questioning and yet still there is no explaination of times when this negative support during games has helped us to a positive result...

Thats why I don''t criticise the boo boys too much as you will find most of these are the ones who are the vocal majority Nutty......when the booing came out it cam from the snake pit and to my laft from the barclay the normally very vocal and supportive sections!

It was a terrible day....poor performance lack of effort and hoofball.......with Neil''s appointment still hanging over Carrow road after the Adams appointment there is a sence of negativity. Thats just the way we are at the mo, no reason to be so harsh as some are on those who booed lasthome game!

We all agree that we need a full ground rocking like it can, but the team and manager need to connect with the fans and at least put in a shift.

That I hope we can agree with.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Yes there was mixed reaction. Thank you Indy. Perhaps you could explain that to Reggie who reckons he honestly didn''t hear it. ...[/quote]Oh for heaven''s sake, NN. That''s not what I said . Of course there was a mixed reaction. Even if there were 200 applauding the move, compared to 26,800 booing it that would be a ''mixed'' reaction.But as usual, you are being selective. You said that there were as many people clapping and applauding as there were booing. I am saying (and I think Indy , too) that was NOT the case. Period.I''ve asked you to tell us where in the ground this mass of clapping and support was, and, significantly, you''ve failed to do so.As I do not advocate booing, then I''d say that it''s difficult to say to what extent it''s influenced the outcome of a match, but, to me that''s not what is this discussion is about. For me, at least, it''s merely about whether it''s acceptable on this forum to describe fellow Norwich fans as ''idiots '' etc etc.

How many times is that you two have changed your tune! Now, apparently, you both agree with me but your problem is with the op choice of rhetoric. That''s rather like the original excuse that the booing and jeering of players and manager was really frustration aimed at the board.

As I said. Honesty....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]How many times is that you two have changed your tune! Now, apparently, you both agree with me but your problem is with the op choice of rhetoric. That''s rather like the original excuse that the booing and jeering of players and manager was really frustration aimed at the board.

As I said. Honesty....[/quote]You can keep repeating the word ''honesty'' as often as you like, Nige, but it still will not cover up your glaring lack of it.Please refer me to the point where I''ve ''changed my tune'' (I''ve been clear what my criticism of this thread is from the start)And where I''ve ''agreed with you''.And where I''ve said that the booing and jeering was ''aimed at the board''And, I''ll give you one last chance to exit this with some credibility intact by answering my question ; Where in the ground was this mass of cheering, clapping and support at the time (s) in question ?  Perfectly simple to understand and easy to answer.

No I don''t agree with you Nutty the booing at the end of the game was purely directed at the club and board for the appointment of a manager who played Whittaker as a makeshift....hoofall and a lacklustre and confused performance by all players.

And unlike you I don''t have any high horse principles calling fans anything other than supporters like me you or anyone else we are no better or worse than the next man.....to think otherwise is very egotistical and unwarrented.

Indy I will re-iterate once more

You and your kind will boo anything at this point.The under 8''s, Captain Canary, ruddy scoring from a goal kick. You''d boo Geoffrey Watling and call him a puppet. It''s pathetic and what''s more pathetic is trying to back out saying "I wasn''t booing that I was booing that" I mean, be a man at least.

More dishonesty and wriggling. Its never been about the booing at the end of the game or even at halftime. Read the thread. I''ve never said I am a better fan than anyone else. Read the thread.

I have consistently said the same thing. That being that the booboys who boo the managers substitutions and jeer players when they''re subbed/not subbed during games does nothing to positively effect the outcome of the game. I have consistently asked for situations where this negativity during games has had positive influence on the result. I have never mentiined booing at halftime, fulltime or any other time outside of the 90+ minutes of play.

Really Nutty, so your reference to you who support through bad times without booing is a Supporter but if you boo you are just a Fairweather supporter and thickos I believe you said earlier. But thats not calling yourself a better supporter?

Yes there was booing during the subs but unless you ask every suppirter why they decided to boo how the hell can you or anyone know what they were really booing? You as others are making assumptions based on your own thoughts and taking the high ground.

What makes you so certain you know it all about last home game......you and BUH just make assumptions.....some might be booing Whittaker, the manager, the board for allowing a novice manager put Whittaker in that position others just joining in as they do!

You know that though and what ever you post has as little or much credit as the next poster on here.....

One thing for sure you so called positive fans were lacking last home game!

Me I was totally pi55ed off with the hoofball we were dished up and even it must have been coached during the week which is a concern to me......I will reserve judgement on that till the Blackpool game, hope it was a bad day and not Neil''s preferred tactics.

The self styled ''Mr Honesty'' does his usual thing. Throws a lot of mud to cloudy the waters, then lies a bit, and nowhere does he answer the perfectly legitimate points and questions posed to him .Poor, poor display. Nige.

"I''ll reserve judgement for Blackpool. I mean, we gave him one game to adjust before we hounded him out of the stadium how much longer did he want"

The booing was self serving BS from the knuckle draggers in the crowd. Nothing more, nothing less. Going to the football is about THEM and THEIR experience and nothing to do with the team doing well. Selfish.

Don''t lump me in with nutty he''s making different and far more concise points and he doesn''t need someone of my standing to deflect the points he''s making.

My point is, as it always has been, is there is a war on RIGHT NOW for the soul of this club and it''s being fought right now. It is going to get very ugly before it gets better because there is not a result, and trophy, a finishing position or a promotion big enough that will bring this club together currently.

You really are a top troll......give you that BUH....a war you really are a plank!

I agree with Buh, we are teetering on the edge of meltdown.Anything less than an utter rout against Blackpool and I reckon folks will be calling for the managers head.Some fans really are that fragile.

I''ll just repeat what I believe so that there can be no doubt whatsoever Indy.

Those who encourage and support through the good times and bad are supporters.

Those who encourage and support through the good times but not the bad are fairweather supporters.

Those who encourage and support through thick and thin are thick&thinos.

Those who only encourage and support through thin are thinos.

And those who only encourage and support through thick are thickos.

Whether the best fans are supporters or even thickos I''ve made no comment. Its up to the individuals to decide. What I have said, and I used that famous Boro game as an example, is that supporters or thick&thinos can have a positive effect on results. So it stands to reason the fairweather fans or thickos can have a negative effect. I''ll ask again for anexample of where the fairweather fans or thickos have had a positive effect on the result.

morty wrote the following post at 03/02/2015 7:

Anything less than an utter rout against Blackpool and I reckon folks will be calling for the managers head.

Some fans really are that fragile.

Maybe they would be better suited to a group hug rather than coming to a City match.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]morty wrote the following post at 03/02/2015 7:

Anything less than an utter rout against Blackpool and I reckon folks will be calling for the managers head.

Some fans really are that fragile.

Maybe they would be better suited to a group hug rather than coming to a City match.[/quote]There should be some kind of manliness / moral fibre test before these people are even allowed to buy tickets.

This thread and others driving even more wedges between fans really helps does it Morty?

There isn''t a war nor a melt down....but there is pressure on the manager, players and the board.....they are the ones who are accountable to the supporters. They put the goals in place and the fans have bought into this.

The way to unite is not by hate and one dimensional opinions. We all expect a certain standard and last home game was far from it.

Off the back of Adams going, Phelan going its all eyes on Neil.

I have no problem in saying I don''t really like Neil, he''s not my cup of tea, but I''m behind him and want success or at least effort and passion from his team.

A few good results and decent effort will start to ubite tge fans. It''s been a downward spiral in recent times and a fresh manager might bring the fans together, then again it might not!

Sorry but everyone who pays £50 for match days with travelling and other expenses does support the team....the sooner you accept this, the better.

I''ve yet to turn up to a game where the fans are booing pre kick off!

When that day comes I will stay on the golf course!

25000 supporters all turn up and have been fantastic.

[quote user="Indy"]

I have no problem in saying I don''t really like Neil, he''s not my cup of tea[/quote]

Why is that Indy?   The only manager I haven''t liked as such was Rioch - even Roeder seemed alright at first.   I like the way AN goes about things in an open and honest way, seems the kind of person that will give anyone the time of day.  What''s not to like?