Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Had just about enough of idiot Norwich fans

Nutty don''t put your stants on my point to suit your own agenda!

You can segragate people just because they are people like Ricardo!

Where have I ever said its OK or suppirted the booing I''m not supporting it but can understand it as pointed out.

But you are so one dimensional its beyond belief.

I do wonder if you have family ties to the board sometimes!

[quote user="Indy"]Nutty don''t put your stants on my point to suit your own agenda!

You can segragate people just because they are people like Ricardo!

Where have I ever said its OK or suppirted the booing I''m not supporting it but can understand it as pointed out.

But you are so one dimensional its beyond belief.

I do wonder if you have family ties to the board sometimes![/quote]

[quote user="Indy"]Can I remind peopke one of thr longest and level

headed supporters booed last week in Ricardo
.....are you seriousely

saying the club and this board would be better off withput people like him? Too

many of you so calked Hapy Clappers are as bad as the Totally Negstive Nellies

it might be your fault just to turn up and be happy to just muddle along in the

championship..... I''m sitting on tge fence and will carry on....as much as I

dislike Neil and his new management the club board are better positioned to make

this call and he will get my full support on match day....if he fails then the

board will get my frustrations aimed at them as Neil took a job offered the same

as Adams did....as me or you would have done. There is no wrong or right here

maybe those who boo can wait till the end and aim it at the board....support the

manager and team through the game.[/quote]

So Indy, what does people like Ricardo or even Rickyyyyy himself booing the new manager and Whittaker have to do with the board. Come to think of it my positive support has nothing to do with the board either. I have always supported the team positively since the mid 60s and throughout the tenures of all the boards since then. You boo boys hide behind the board smokescreen to excuse your spoilt brat cowardly negative support.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]So Indy, what does people like Ricardo or even Rickyyyyy himself booing the new manager and Whittaker have to do with the board. Come to think of it my positive support has nothing to do with the board either. I have always supported the team positively since the mid 60s and throughout the tenures of all the boards since then. You boo boys hide behind the board smokescreen to excuse your spoilt brat cowardly negative support.[/quote]Yaaaaaawwwwwn........Indy''s description ''one dimensional'' is absolutely spot-on. Wish I''d thought of it myself !

Its not spot on. Indy''s being dishonest as are all those who boo the new manager and certain players and then dress it up as venting frustration at tthe board.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Its not spot on. Indy''s being dishonest as are all those who boo the new manager and certain players and then dress it up as venting frustration at tthe board.[/quote]

As long as my reason for booing is valid to me then it matters not if you refuse to accept it. I felt I had several good reasons to boo during and after the Brentford game and this was the reason that I did resort to a boo or three.I am sorry if you think that makes me a bad supporter but things are as they are. I am usually a very patient person where NCFC is concerned (considering our history its hard to be anything else) and no doubt many think that I go on giving my support to managers long after I should.There were occasions last week when a Saint would have booed. I am sorry if it upset people but at the time I felt it was the right thing to do.

Well that''s fair enough Rickyyyyy. You''re an honest boo boy like I''m an honest happy clapper. Its the dishonest ones that need to man up....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well that''s fair enough Rickyyyyy. You''re an honest boo boy like I''m an honest happy clapper. Its the dishonest ones that need to man up....[/quote]Thank you Nutty, I''m happy to accept that. I sincerely hope that booing will no longer be needed this season (except at ref''s and 1p5wich of course).I only hope that the new manager can eventually get things right and that he will have miles and miles more road to take us down before he either moves on up or moves on out[Y]

Earlier on I gave an example where positive support helped to get an unlikely result for our team. Can anyone counter that by naming a time when booing helped turn a game around?

This is relevant as we were only 1 goal behind last week and a win would have taken us into the top six...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Earlier on I gave an example where positive support helped to get an unlikely result for our team. Can anyone counter that by naming a time when booing helped turn a game around?

This is relevant as we were only 1 goal behind last week and a win would have taken us into the top six...[/quote]Lets put it this way, many years ago during an argument between myself and Mrs Ricardo she tipped a dish of cornflakes over my head. It didn''t really resolve the argument but I think she felt a lot better for it.[:D]

Rickyyyyyy, although your feelings are important to me your breakfast means nothing. Especially when measured against the possibility of a point or three in such an important game.....

Whilst I agree with the fact that there have been a lot of dubious footballing opinions posted, the fact remains that football club is still in a dire mess with no real plan on how to get out of it. No long term direction for any business usually means stagnation and falling behind the competition, and once you fall behind it''s often very difficult to catch up again. This is exactly what has happened at Norwich, for years and years now we''ve lacked a direction on how to play the

game and instead relied on the beliefs of the latest manager. Backing the manager is all well and good, but what''s happening at the moment is symptomatic of fans expressing their frustration at a poorly run club. I think we''re now at the stage where we''re going to have another long spell out of the top flight and things won''t change until we have competent people running the club.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="ricardo"]>..... many years ago during an argument between myself and Mrs Ricardo she tipped a dish of cornflakes over my head....[/quote]

With or without milk ?[/quote]

With[Y]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"].

These people are just plain wrong and I can''t agree nor disagree when the statements are blind, thoughtless and plain idiotic.[/quote]Well, OK Matt, now you''ve gone some way to clarifying what your take is on this, I can perhaps have a little more sympathy with your overall message.But you do not do yourselves any favours as regards being taken seriously with comments such as the one I''ve quoted above. Still less with your statement in the OP where you suggested that anyone whose opinion was at variance with yours is ''just constantly wrong'' , or ''talking drivel''.[/quote]

Reggie do us a favour and don''t misquote me. No where have I said anyone who''s opinion varies from mine is just plain wrong.

What I have said is the recent drivel about Whittaker in midfield and AN being here 5 mins and being judged is just stupid.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="DundeeFc"]Well said I think Norwich fans think there on par with Barcelona with the crap I''ve read ..Alex Neil has inherited your previous regime problems .he will sort it out ..and sell dead wood and build his own team at the end of the season[/quote]I certainly hope you are right and that what happened at the Brentford game was all part of the trial and error of getting the right formation and the right personnel.The booing was due to pent up emotions released at the continued failure after so many promising fresh starts.[/quote]

Pent up emotion agreed but it was pure stupidity from a lot of fans in the ground who simply don''t understand football, and it didn''t help one bit. Hoolahan for Hooper was 100% the right decision and I was furious so many people didn''t see this and instead chose too boo Alex Neil in his 2nd game at home.

If I''ve got this right I think the booing of Whittaker and the reasonable substitution that didn''t involve wWhittaker and the subsequent jeering of Whittaker when he was subbed were all nothing to do with Whitts or Neil but frustration towards the board.

Maybe one of our resident boo boys can confirm?

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]

Reggie do us a favour and don''t misquote me. No where have I said anyone who''s opinion varies from mine is just plain wrong.

What I have said is the recent drivel about Whittaker in midfield and AN being here 5 mins and being judged is just stupid.[/quote]Matt, I''m afraid to are just the latest in a long line of posters who try and qualify stuff/wriggle out by claiming you were ''misquoted''.I have not misquoted you. I was very careful to choose the exact words you''d used in your postings(constantly wrong, drivel etc), and if you disagree with others'' actions, then qed they are people whose views are at variance to yours.And I''m also afraid that you are just the latest in a long line of posters who use here as a vehicle to have a go at the fans, many of whom are loyal followers of the club who invest a good deal of time/money into it. So do not be surprised if, as others have found in the past, you suffer a backlash. If you use the intemperate language you have done, then that''s what will happen. A pity, because, as I said earlier there are some parts of your message that ,generally, I agree with.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"] Reggie do us a favour and don''t misquote me. No where have I said anyone who''s opinion varies from mine is just plain wrong. What I have said is the recent drivel about Whittaker in midfield and AN being here 5 mins and being judged is just stupid.[/quote]

Matt, I''m afraid to are just the latest in a long line of posters who try and qualify stuff/wriggle out by claiming you were ''misquoted''.

[/quote]

LOL!

Long line of poster > Reggie

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"] Reggie do us a favour and don''t misquote me. No where have I said anyone who''s opinion varies from mine is just plain wrong. What I have said is the recent drivel about Whittaker in midfield and AN being here 5 mins and being judged is just stupid.[/quote]Matt, I''m afraid to are just the latest in a long line of posters who try and qualify stuff/wriggle out by claiming you were ''misquoted''.[/quote]

LOL!

[/quote]

You''ll no doubt be backing up that wild claim with evidence then, TCC ..........

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"] Reggie do us a favour and don''t misquote me. No where have I said anyone who''s opinion varies from mine is just plain wrong. What I have said is the recent drivel about Whittaker in midfield and AN being here 5 mins and being judged is just stupid.[/quote]

Matt, I''m afraid to are just the latest in a long line of posters who try and qualify stuff/wriggle out by claiming you were ''misquoted''.

[/quote]

LOL!

[/quote]

You''ll no doubt be backing up that wild claim with evidence then, TCC ..........

[/quote]

The evidence is in your statement.

''Physician heal thyself''.

Don''t spoil this with petty squabbling chaps.

I still havnt seen anyone explain when booing has helped a players performance, it''s always a negative influence in my experience.

So if we are Norwich fans please explain why we would want to have a negative effect on our own players during the game.

Booing at half time can then give a player a boost and a management team to step it up. That half time team talk can help. Depends on the skill of the management team, usually the. Booing is directed to them not the player.

I think Snodgrass had a bit of a spat with the snake pit and stepped up last season and in that game.

But I agree it does not have an immediate effect with some players. It is usually directed to the management, not the individual.

Don''t get me wrong there is more likely to be murmurs than booing when a player gets the ball and does not produce.

I believe in booing at times. I have used the example of the Blackburn home game in worthys era. 1-0 up with 5 mins to go and we had not won a game to start that season. We let dickov score through a lack of concentration.

Drury in the arsenal game not clearing the ball with his right foot, allowing the ball to cross to his favoured right when the arsenal full back sneaked in and scored.

Lacks of concentration are not acceptable and the better player you have the better this key attribute is.

There will always be booing as there will always be chants of what a load of rubbish. There will always be clapping for poor performances. I think that we can all remember games where there was the final whistle and no response, I think hat is more telling than booing. A feeling of acceptance of the poor play and management.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Don''t spoil this with petty squabbling chaps.

I still havnt seen anyone explain when booing has helped a players performance, it''s always a negative influence in my experience.

So if we are Norwich fans please explain why we would want to have a negative effect on our own players during the game.[/quote]The problem with this is that as soon as you tell people they are having a negative effect, they turn round and say fans don''t have any influence over events - but then we all know that when the place is rocking that the team responds and players say that it has helped. So they can''t have it both ways.  It stands to reason that if fans can have a positive effect - they can also have a negative effect.   It has always been so, but most people can''t face the truth.   No-one likes to think they may have a negative effect on things, but we are all capable of it - and like the team, we have to try and be positive, even when things are against us.  By booing/complaining/jeering during a match people are doing the opposite of what they need to do to help the team.   It may be only a few that do it, but its one thing to feel frustrated - its another thing to actively boo your own team/players.  Cheer a substitute coming on by all means - but please, please, show a little self discipline and refrain from the negative and childish response of booing your own players during a match. Its ridiculous.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]

What I have said is the recent drivel about Whittaker in midfield and AN being here 5 mins and being judged is just stupid.[/quote]Matt, I''m afraid to are just the latest in a long line of posters who try and qualify stuff/wriggle out by claiming you were ''misquoted''.I have not misquoted you. I was very careful to choose the exact words you''d used in your postings(constantly wrong, drivel etc), and if you disagree with others'' actions, then qed they are people whose views are at variance to yours.And I''m also afraid that you are just the latest in a long line of posters who use here as a vehicle to have a go at the fans, many of whom are loyal followers of the club who invest a good deal of time/money into it. So do not be surprised if, as others have found in the past, you suffer a backlash. If you use the intemperate language you have done, then that''s what will happen. A pity, because, as I said earlier there are some parts of your message that ,generally, I agree with.[/quote]

Reggie as your still not getting it, which I find surprising as everyone else has, I''ve explained it twice now and you use big words so are obviously an intelligent person, I shall explain one more time.

I am not and have not stated that everyone is constantly wrong and anyone who''s opinion differs from mine is talking drivel.

I am referring to the minority who continuously make ridiculous statements such as what we have seen recently re: Whittaker, slating AN after 5 mins, criticising Jerome not starting when he wasn''t 100% fit, and in fact criticising the result on Saturday. Along with things like booing the Hooper sub v Brentford.

My statement is that these people ARE just plain wrong, not because their opinion differs from mine, but because I believe they are, on these issues, just inherently wrong and their statements are ridiculous.

If you disagree with that then please explain how I am wrong and they are right and its correct to lambaste a RB who performs poorly at CM, to slate a manager and decisions who''s been here 5 mins amongst my other examples.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

The evidence is in your statement.

''Physician heal thyself''.

[/quote]No....thought not.Another long line is the one of people who make wild allegations about fellow posters without any evidence to back it up. And TCC is a member of that line, clearly.Matt.....I DO get what you are saying . That''s why I''ve already stated that I agree with a good deal of the message you are giving. It''s just that I''m saying that accusing people who have a perfectly valid opinion as ''constantly wrong'' or ''drivel'' is not terribly helpful. If you cannot see that , then there''s no point in continuing this discussion.

[quote user="smooth"]

There will always be booing as there will always be chants of what a load of rubbish. There will always be clapping for poor performances. I think that we can all remember games where there was the final whistle and no response, I think hat is more telling than booing. A feeling of acceptance of the poor play and management.[/quote]That is absolutely, self evidently the case, smooth.No-one from the anti-booing camp has yet explained how fans can voice their displeasure in any other way than to boo/catcall/grumble etc.  If there has been a performance from an individual player, or the team, or the coaching staff that has incurred a group of the fans'' wrath, precisely how else can they make their feelings known. If you attended a prefessional theatre performance where the actors constantly forgot their lines, scenery changes were bungled and there had been poor directorship, would you just cheer and clap anyway ? No, you would make your views known. In what way is a football match any different ?

Smooth

"Booing at half time can then give a player a boost and a management team to step it up. That half time team talk can help. Depends on the skill of the management team, usually the. Booing is directed to them not the player. "

I would take a bit of convincing Smooth, that booing at half time makes a positive contribution. Our manager will have seen whatever unfolded on the field during the first half and will have a view of what needs to be done to change it.

I don''t think booing from the crowd is going to make him change his assessment, all it is likely to do is create a more nervous atmosphere in the ground which often results in nervous players who lose confidence and perform less well.