Sign in to follow this  
Wonder Wiganer

Ashton to Mighty Wigan

[quote]Apparently just been on local radio up here that Wigan have had a 7 million bid accepted for Ashton.. Any news on this in East Anglia?[/quote]

No news of that here yet, get back to eating your dream pie...

I heard from my mate, who is seeing someone who works in the ticket office at Carrow Road, that the bid has been accepted.

If Ashton can agree personal terms Norwich will use the cash to try and buy Bobby Zamora!

I''ve been on 606 gauging opinions of our summer signings from their previous club''s fans, and saw that rumour on there too...

Total bobbins - Deano won''t leave us for a team likely to be relegated next year. Who do you think he is, Damien Francis???

[quote]No news of that here yet, get back to eating your dream pie...[/quote]

Now now Jamie, the guy only asked!.

I think this is a wind up wigan fan, if City let Aston go for a paltry 7 million, there would be bloody riots up here!.

He''s priceless and City know it!.

[quote]I heard from my mate, who is seeing someone who works in the ticket office at Carrow Road, that the bid has been accepted. If Ashton can agree personal terms Norwich will use the cash to try and buy ...[/quote]

So who decided to make a whole new username to join in on this one then!?

[quote]I heard from my mate, who is seeing someone who works in the ticket office at Carrow Road, that the bid has been accepted. If Ashton can agree personal terms Norwich will use the cash to try and buy ...[/quote]

Why are scummers always so easy to spot???

City would be crazy to turn down £7 million for Ashton.....

and to be fair Wigan turned in a great display against Chelsea yesterday and the club have a great deal of money and could survive based on this performance.

Francis obviously saw something he liked up there!? 

Yeah, Francis found out how great the pies are up here.......

Have also heard that Ashton is homesick for the North West and would love to come back but feels he owes something to Norwich for giving him a go last season.

He would be a great signing for us and I hope he comes.

[quote]City would be crazy to turn down £7 million for Ashton..... and to be fair Wigan turned in a great display against Chelsea yesterday and the club have a great deal of money and could survive based o...[/quote]

We BEAT Manure 2-0, they LOST to Chelsea 1-0, are we still up there, NO!!! How can you base their seasons credentials on that performance?

Horace Borris you are a funny man, with a funny name!! 

[quote]We BEAT Manure 2-0, they LOST to Chelsea 1-0, are we still up there, NO!!! How can you base their seasons credentials on that performance? Horace Borris you are a funny man, with a funny name!![/quote]

Jamie, you are correct in saying that you''re no longer in the premier league. I think Norwich are bringing out a DVD reviewing last season, aptly named ''''Back where we belong''''!

To be fair its not really surprising either......look at the great start you''ve had. Keep up the good work guys, you must be proud.

Ashton would be daft to stay at such a small time club with a glorified chef running the show, why not leave for a premiership club cos face it, Norwich are staying exactly where they are.

Happy days fella, Irons all the way!

I''ll feel sorry for Wigan when Francis starts turning in the no-shows because it looks like a move to London is on the cards.

So Chelsea only beat you 1-0? Big deal, Chelsea rarely beat any team by more than one or two goals, that''s the way they are.

We''ll be passing you on the way up

being happy about collecting 0 points is an odd thing in my book. We proved one thing last season...

good football and gutsy performances are not a sound substitute for league points.

[quote]Jamie, you are correct in saying that you''re no longer in the premier league. I think Norwich are bringing out a DVD reviewing last season, aptly named ''''Back where we belong''''! To be fair its not re...[/quote]

Aha! A West Ham fan who has finally crawled out of his hole after slumming it in the Championship for a couple of years.

Haven''t you got anything better to do?

You''ll be back in your hole next year and you can borrow our "DVD" because we won''t be needing it anymore.

Normally when a new team gets into the Prem we all hope they do well.

However arrogant turds like this do a very effective job of getting one to hope that the big boys give them a regular stuffing.

Well done Wigan fans- excellent job done in turning a few bodies against you. Keep up the good work and everyone will hate you by season end.

Tumbleweed

I only posted on here about any news on Ashton and have not been slagging Norwich off....

You seem a bit touchy about us Wigan fans but merely a friendly enquiry. If you read all the posts on this subject the other person who did put the negative commets was a West Ham Fan.

So don''t tar us all with the same brush. I have posted on here before about JJ as I like to see our ex players do well.

Wonderer. Forgive us, with the Duke departing, you can understand why any Norwich fan would be reluctant to lose their top striker too.

But I understand that as much as Ash probably does miss the NW:

a) He must stay for at least 12 months
b) I believe more established Prem clubs have sohwn an interest i.e. Tottenham and Newcastle

Therefore, I would be VERY surpised if he left before Jan, and then only for 8m+

As for Wigan, I always like to see newcomers to the Prem succeed. I wish Wigan all the best ! I''d like to see Portsmouth, Fulham and Blackburn come down this year, with all 3 newly promoted clubs staying.

Unlikely - but you never know.

[quote]City would be crazy to turn down £7 million for Ashton..... and to be fair Wigan turned in a great display against Chelsea yesterday and the club have a great deal of money and could survive based o...[/quote]

Another barmy rumour !  

What is Wigan offering Francis that he likes ?  free councelling and a couch session with a resident psychiatrist  every time he feels  too good for your team ?   the season is young, Borris , just can`t see Francis  being anything but a maggot gnawing away at Wigans team spirit  , but hope springs eternal , LOL

[quote]Yeah, Francis found out how great the pies are up here....... Have also heard that Ashton is homesick for the North West and would love to come back but feels he owes something to Norwich for giving ...[/quote]

Great way to hold onto a 0-0 draw by the way. Why would Ashton miss the north-west, it''s horrible.

Bid now said to be 7.5 mil  , still not enough in my opinion. BUT at what price do we become interested? 10 mil would be hard to resist

OK, Wonder Wiganer I apologise. I had half an eye on the cricket which was getting quite tense!. Anyway good luck for the season, but please don''t pinch Deano from us!