Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

1p5wich to be the worst squad to be promoted from the Championship?

I assume their strategy should be to sack McCarthy as soon as promotion is achieved (he can then supply his services to another Championship team which is interested in PL promotion) and throw £20m the way of Pulis (or equivalent) (which they can afford because of the new PL riches) who might then establish them like he did with Stoke. And to think we gave our PL status away and then went on to give our promotion opportunity away. The final stage will be giving the wage bill away as players are disposed of and we diminish to a bit player in the Championship.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I assume their strategy should be to sack McCarthy as soon as promotion is achieved (he can then supply his services to another Championship team which is interested in PL promotion) and throw £20m the way of Pulis (or equivalent) (which they can afford because of the new PL riches) who might then establish them like he did with Stoke. And to think we gave our PL status away and then went on to give our promotion opportunity away. The final stage will be giving the wage bill away as players are disposed of and we diminish to a bit player in the Championship.[/quote]Absolutely not. McCarthy is part of the fabric of the club now, he''s revitalised the club from top to bottom and runs it in his way. His record in the top flight is not as bad as people make out - Wolves were there for 3 years under his managership. We''ll get plenty of players wanting to be a part of the team in the summer IF we finish the job.

[quote user="Herman "]Are you just basically on a wind-up now?[/quote]Ask him where he has been for the last 3 or 4 years.He doesn''t like it when I ask him hard questions like that.

[quote user="Herman "]It was aimed at Highland. At least portman has a good reason to be down on City[:D][/quote]I can see how I would confuse the two[;)]

Dont see them making it , yes they have had a good season but Bournemouth , Derby Watford , Middlesboro all look stronger candidates for the automatic spot and Town have a pretty good history of being play off bottlers . Lose Murphy to injury and their goals will dry up McGoldrick is nowhere near last seasons form and they really did miss a trick if they could have sold him for £8 million , basically a hoof and run team who score mostly from corners .They will finish above us thanks to Delias managerial appointment , but if we were to meet in the play offs we would outclass them , especially if we have a proper manager by then .

No Herman, simply placing in sharp relief the non-decision of our board a year ago and then its decision of June (cf placing its trust in an experienced manager either last December or in June). I would have been (relatively) pleased with McCarthy''s appointment but think Lennon was the best option at the time.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I would have been (relatively) pleased with McCarthy''s appointment but think Lennon was the best option at the time.[/quote]Even if Lennon had been appointed, I''m sure you would still have found something to whine about.....

[quote user="Highland Canary"]No, we''d be top, above Ipswich. and looking upwards. Happy days.[/quote]You really are a strange one, you obviously have no way of knowing that.You''re the sort who would find a fiver, and moan that it wasn''t a tenner.

What other board would make the decision to not even interview a manager with a cv of domestic league title and cup wins with experience of managing in the Champions league and beating the likes of Barcelona and instead give it to the guy who managed to take 1 point from a possible 15 with no experience?

[quote user="JF"]What other board would make the decision to not even interview a manager with a cv of domestic league title and cup wins with experience of managing in the Champions league and beating the likes of Barcelona and instead give it to the guy who managed to take 1 point from a possible 15 with no experience?[/quote]You''re right, literally every other team wanted him, but Bolton beat them all to his signature.

Has done well at Bolton, were bottom when he took over and now 8 points behind us with a far poorer squad. Was the obvious outstanding candidate at the time but our wonderful board f ed up on him last season by messing him around.

[quote user="JF"]Has done well at Bolton, were bottom when he took over and now 8 points behind us with a far poorer squad. Was the obvious outstanding candidate at the time but our wonderful board f ed up on him last season by messing him around.[/quote]How did they mess him around exactly?Was he even ever actually in the running?

Here goes (allegedly!!) Lennon told an ex player of ours and celtics last season that he had been offered the Norwich job and needed a place to stay as the player lived here whilst he sorted himself out. Hughton then beat spurs and the board decided to give him more time, Lennon felt he had been messed around by the board and withdrew his interest in the position, hence why he wasn''t a candidate in the summer. Source the ex player (allegedly!!)

Ps morty Malky was the man the board wanted in the summer but, and to quote the comment " he wanted a ridiculous amount of money" source direct from a family member of the board (allegedly!'')

Got to cover yourself from certain board members that are renowned for over reacting at say the release of pictures of the new strip! (Allegedly!!)

[quote user="JF"]Got to cover yourself from certain board members that are renowned for over reacting at say the release of pictures of the new strip! (Allegedly!!)[/quote]Indeed[:D]Back to the subject of Lennon, my main objection to him is that he is a horrible ginger to$$er.I just don''t like the guy, never have.

No he''s a grade a twat but they are often the types that make the best managers. I would say had we have appointed him last season we would have greatly improved out chances of staying up. Has he have been manager this season I think we would have been firmly placed in the top 6

[quote user="JF"]No he''s a grade a twat but they are often the types that make the best managers. I would say had we have appointed him last season we would have greatly improved out chances of staying up. Has he have been manager this season I think we would have been firmly placed in the top 6[/quote]Or embroiled in some kind of sectarian drama. Definitely one of the two.

Looking at it from the outside managers, such as Warnock and Lennon, look pretty difficult, no-nonsense characters who would be prepared to offer challenge both to the board and also to a squad of recently relegated players. Challenge, in my view at least, much more likely from an external, experienced manager. Lennon, of course, had the added advantage of knowing how to get the best out of Hooper, arguably, our most important player following the departure of Snodgrass. Whether we like or dislike individual characters is irrelevant. It is the attributes and qualities that they bring to the task of management which counts.

Funny how we haven''t heard a thing from Portaloo King the last 5 years. Ties in nicely with how 1p5hit manage to find 10,000 "fans" when they have a good half season. Joke of a club. Embarrassing.

Funny how Bolton, managed by Lennon, were sh1te when we beat them, but are now evidence of what a great manager we missed out on.

Mick has done a great job in getting their squad structured and organised - in what is a lower quality renewal of the championship this season it shows just how far a good coach with clarity of tactics, organised defensive strategy and two good strikers can go.

The similarity with our lambert promotion is that the players all know what their role in the team is and cover for each other.

Add that drive & clarity of purpose to our talented squad and we will go far...