Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy God

Ruddy Hell

You''re still not getting the premise that it is a forum for debate, are you? I don''t think you know the difference between debate and argument, it doesn''t matter how many people tell you, you''re not getting it, are you?And yes, I think you are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think John Ruddy would turn down a move to a decent Premiership side.I''ll let you have the last word, I have better things to be doing[Y]

[quote user="morty"]You''re still not getting the premise that it is a forum for debate, are you? I don''t think you know the difference between debate and argument, it doesn''t matter how many people tell you, you''re not getting it, are you?And yes, I think you are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think John Ruddy would turn down a move to a decent Premiership side.I''ll let you have the last word, I have better things to be doing[Y][/quote]

You can try and cover your tracks if you like, but the evidence is on this thread and  it shows you do not have a leg to stand on when it comes to talking about how to debate - or argue.   You continually ignore the other side of the argument for your entrenched position.  I can accept that Ruddy may choose to go to a premiership club - and I can also accept reasons why he might want to stay.  Neither position is unreasonable, but to listen to you, there is only one way of thinking - your way.

Reggie, it looks like morty''s is involved with lake now. It was a lover''s spat when you were involved, at least according to morty. So I guess using morty''s line of reasoning, he and lake need to get over it and just admit their true feelings.

How come so many dumped on Snodgrass for leaving but everyone is pleased for Ruddy?

And the classified results are:

Morty 21,278...... LDC 4,580

Congratulations guys, keep it up - I''m sure your loved ones will be very proud of you.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]And the classified results are:

Morty 21,278...... LDC 4,580

Congratulations guys, keep it up - I''m sure your loved ones will be very proud of you.[/quote]Well done for such a low post count, closely linked with you having very little of interest to say.[:)]

In fact, i''m not even going to reply to you on second thoughts, cause i''m not even bothered by your remark that i have very little of interest to say.

See, you managed to eke one post out into two, now you''re getting the hang of it.We''ll make your loved ones proud yet.[:)]

Yes it''s an act of Gaelic sexuality involving mushrooms, i was thinking there''s not enough of it on here.

Whether it''s vulgar or not, check you inbox for photos, you be the judge. ;)

As was discussed last Summer, I was somewhat surprised by Ruddy''s decision to stay with us last season rather than make the move to Chelsea. Financially, such a move would have been advantageous; his England chances would also have been enhanced. Such a view was not widely held on this board a year ago. Indeed, in the event, with Cech''s injury Ruddy''s exposure would not have been limited solely to cup games.

For both reasons above, which are stronger following our relegation, a move must now be a no brainer from Ruddy''s perspective. His loss would however be less significant, in my opinion, than that of Snodgrass, Hooper, Olsson or Fer (in that order).

[quote user="Highland Canary"]As was discussed last Summer, I was somewhat surprised by Ruddy''s decision to stay with us last season rather than make the move to Chelsea. Financially, such a move would have been advantageous; his England chances would also have been enhanced. Such a view was not widely held on this board a year ago. Indeed, in the event, with Cech''s injury Ruddy''s exposure would not have been limited solely to cup games.

For both reasons above, which are stronger following our relegation, a move must now be a no brainer from Ruddy''s perspective. His loss would however be less significant, in my opinion, than that of Snodgrass, Hooper, Olsson or Fer (in that order).[/quote]

The fact that he didn''t go last season is all the more reason to suppose he might stay this time.  He is still at one of the best clubs to be at in the country, regardless of league and in an area his family likes and is settled in.   Despite the cr*p thrown at me in this thread for holding this opinion, the reasons he might stay are still there, this season, last season, next season.   We don''t have to sell him, he is a settled and strong character and is a top goalkeeper, he is settled - and things look positive for next season.  Why would he go just for the possibility of England.  That possibility could equally be there if he waits, has a successful season with us and are back in the prem next year.

Ruddy is in my opinion our most important player - worth a goal every couple of games, which is more than any striker can add. I think big JR is happy here, loves the club, is enjoying his football, happy family and the chance to become a club legend. With him between the sticks, there is no reason why we won''t go straightt back up. Ruddy had a horrible time at Everton, so I think he appreciates what he has here and would be mad to risk a change.