Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy God

Ruddy Hell

[quote user="morty"]I think you are deluded, if the money is right then Ruddy will go, professing his love for Norwich City, but citing his England career as the reason.
[/quote]

Bingo.

[quote user="morty"]I think you are deluded, if the money is right then Ruddy will go, professing his love for Norwich City, but citing his England career as the reason.[/quote]

His England career isn''t at stake if he stays at Norwich.  In fact it would be enhanced if we have a good season.

[quote user="morty"]I think you are deluded, if the money is right then Ruddy will go, professing his love for Norwich City, but citing his England career as the reason.
[/quote]

Yep, he made it pretty clear last season that if Norwich had accepted the bid for him from Chelsea he''d have been off.

Personally I think he won''t get anymore England chances (apart from covering injured players), especially if he stays at Norwich - Butland and McCarthy will soon both be ahead of him in the pecking order as England look to progress young players. Its a real shame for Ruddy, he should obviously been in the World Cup squad, probably ahead of both Forster and Foster, but that''s how these things fall.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]I think you are deluded, if the money is right then Ruddy will go, professing his love for Norwich City, but citing his England career as the reason.[/quote]

His England career isn''t at stake if he stays at Norwich.  In fact it would be enhanced if we have a good season.

[/quote]It was said, by the England manager (I believe) that Ruddy was not picked for the world cup based on Norwich being relegated. So what logic are you using here that a good season in the Championship will see  him picked for England, in the short term.Before you answer "Not in the short term" bear in mind the length of footballers careers, and the likelihood of them thinking "Aye, no rush, next year will do"If he gets a chance to play in the Prem next year he''d be stupid not to take it.

Now, this is going to sound like a load of tosh but...

My wife knows somebody that is friendly with Ruddy''s wife, apparently she has said that she doesn''t want to leave Norwich as the kids are settled, and that she and Ruddy are very involved in a lot of out of work activities for kids (including their own) that are NCFC related, they love the area and she said that "neither" of them want to leave.

Of course she didn''t rule out the possibility of Ruddy commuting!!

Let''s hope his missus has the final say if any offers do come in.

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]Now, this is going to sound like a load of tosh but... My wife knows somebody that is friendly with Ruddy''s wife, apparently she has said that she doesn''t want to leave Norwich as the kids are settled, and that she and Ruddy are very involved in a lot of out of work activities for kids (including their own) that are NCFC related, they love the area and she said that "neither" of them want to leave. Of course she didn''t rule out the possibility of Ruddy commuting!! Let''s hope his missus has the final say if any offers do come in.[/quote]

like Posh spice did....

Milan it is then!!

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]Now, this is going to sound like a load of tosh but...

My wife knows somebody that is friendly with Ruddy''s wife, apparently she has said that she doesn''t want to leave Norwich as the kids are settled, and that she and Ruddy are very involved in a lot of out of work activities for kids (including their own) that are NCFC related, they love the area and she said that "neither" of them want to leave.

Of course she didn''t rule out the possibility of Ruddy commuting!!

Let''s hope his missus has the final say if any offers do come in.[/quote]Softened by the blow of probably doubling his wages, I''m sure she''ll cope.Easy commute to London.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 03/07/2014 12:39 PM:

His England career isn''t at stake if he stays at Norwich. In fact it would be enhanced if we have a good season.

---------------------------------------------

Well it is, at the moment its between ruddy, forster and foster. Forster plays for a big club (in a terrible league) and Foster plays in the prem, of course its at stake, even if he has a great season for us, he''ll still be seen as a championship GK

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]I think you are deluded, if the money is right then Ruddy will go, professing his love for Norwich City, but citing his England career as the reason.[/quote]His England career isn''t at stake if he stays at Norwich.  In fact it would be enhanced if we have a good season. [/quote]It was said, by the England manager (I believe) that Ruddy was not picked for the world cup based on Norwich being relegated. So what logic are you using here that a good season in the Championship will see  him picked for England, in the short term.Before you answer "Not in the short term" bear in mind the length of footballers careers, and the likelihood of them thinking "Aye, no rush, next year will do"If he gets a chance to play in the Prem next year he''d be stupid not to take it.[/quote]

He may have been out of contention for being in a relegated side, but being in a successful side - as we will be next season - will see him back in contention.  Goalkeepers have long careers compared to outfield players, so he has time on his side.   Success at club level, improved confidence from that - will ensure he is in contention.   Going to a so premiership club and risk sitting on the bench is not going to help him.

I did mention commuting Morty, like you said it''s an easy commute to London.

I didn''t realise Posh Spice had previously confessed her love for Norwich Jas ;)

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]I think you are deluded, if the money is right then Ruddy will go, professing his love for Norwich City, but citing his England career as the reason.[/quote]His England career isn''t at stake if he stays at Norwich.  In fact it would be enhanced if we have a good season. [/quote]It was said, by the England manager (I believe) that Ruddy was not picked for the world cup based on Norwich being relegated. So what logic are you using here that a good season in the Championship will see  him picked for England, in the short term.Before you answer "Not in the short term" bear in mind the length of footballers careers, and the likelihood of them thinking "Aye, no rush, next year will do"If he gets a chance to play in the Prem next year he''d be stupid not to take it.[/quote]

He may have been out of contention for being in a relegated side, but being in a successful side - as we will be next season - will see him back in contention.  Goalkeepers have long careers compared to outfield players, so he has time on his side.   Success at club level, improved confidence from that - will ensure he is in contention.   Going to a so premiership club and risk sitting on the bench is not going to help him.

[/quote]Sorry, but how can you say, with certainty, that being in a succesful Championship side will get him his England place back?And how can you say, with any certainty, that Norwich will be succesful next season?Who said he''d sit on the bench? Having an average season (given the amount of English keepers playing in the top flight) in any Premiership club will almost certainly in with a shout.So, again, he''d be stupid to turn down a Premiership move.

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]I did mention commuting Morty, like you said it''s an easy commute to London.

I didn''t realise Posh Spice had previously confessed her love for Norwich Jas ;)[/quote]Aye, I know.This all reminds me a bit of someone posting that Robert Snodgrass had signed his kids up for swimming lessons in teh summer, so that it was a certainty he was staying[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]I think you are deluded, if the money is right then Ruddy will go, professing his love for Norwich City, but citing his England career as the reason.[/quote]His England career isn''t at stake if he stays at Norwich.  In fact it would be enhanced if we have a good season. [/quote]It was said, by the England manager (I believe) that Ruddy was not picked for the world cup based on Norwich being relegated. So what logic are you using here that a good season in the Championship will see  him picked for England, in the short term.Before you answer "Not in the short term" bear in mind the length of footballers careers, and the likelihood of them thinking "Aye, no rush, next year will do"If he gets a chance to play in the Prem next year he''d be stupid not to take it.[/quote]He may have been out of contention for being in a relegated side, but being in a successful side - as we will be next season - will see him back in contention.  Goalkeepers have long careers compared to outfield players, so he has time on his side.   Success at club level, improved confidence from that - will ensure he is in contention.   Going to a so premiership club and risk sitting on the bench is not going to help him. [/quote]Sorry, but how can you say, with certainty, that being in a succesful Championship side will get him his England place back?And how can you say, with any certainty, that Norwich will be succesful next season?Who said he''d sit on the bench? Having an average season (given the amount of English keepers playing in the top flight) in any Premiership club will almost certainly in with a shout.So, again, he''d be stupid to turn down a Premiership move.[/quote]

I didn''t say it would get him his place back. I said it would keep him in contention. I am thinking positive that we will be successful next season - I see only good signs.The likekihood is that most of the bigger premiership teams have two good keepers, so competition for the shirt will be fierce and I don''t see him at a smaller prem club.  A top championship team with English players doing well will be of interest to any England manager.So he would not be stupid top turn down a premiership club, especially with his family ties to Norfolk.

[quote user="morty"]You''re living in cloud cuckoo land Lakey.[/quote]

No. I have a different opinion to you, thats all.  And my argument makes more sense than yours.  Family, settled, number one keeper, chance of going straight back up, still highlt thought of in the England set up -  there is more to life and football than the prermiership.   But you have your different oipinion - now let me have my opinion without the cr*p responses.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]You''re living in cloud cuckoo land Lakey.[/quote]

No. I have a different opinion to you, thats all.  And my argument makes more sense than yours.  Family, settled, number one keeper, chance of going straight back up, still highlt thought of in the England set up -  there is more to life and football than the prermiership.   But you have your different oipinion - now let me have my opinion without the cr*p responses.

[/quote]In your opinion, your argument makes more sense.....Thats a whole lotta straw clutching you are doing there.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]You''re living in cloud cuckoo land Lakey.
[/quote]

[/quote]

If Ruddy isn''t in the Prem he won''t be playing for England. McCarthy will be given a chance ahead of him if they are both Championship keepers. Ruddy has no chance, unfortunately, of playing for England the moment Jack Butland starts getting regular games in the Premier/Championship and performs well - he''s been earmarked at Hart''s long-term back up/successor.

Whilst keepers can play for a long time, England will be looking at guys at least younger than Joe Hart to have in the squad

It will go like this :-Sky sports breaking news, Arsenal have bid an estimated 9 million pounds for relegated, Norwich City keeper John Ruddy, more when we have it.And will end with "It is with a heavy heart that I leave Norwich, my time here was amazing, but I look forward to new challenges, and forcing my way back into contention for England"

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]You''re living in cloud cuckoo land Lakey.[/quote] No. I have a different opinion to you, thats all.  And my argument makes more sense than yours.  Family, settled, number one keeper, chance of going straight back up, still highlt thought of in the England set up -  there is more to life and football than the prermiership.   But you have your different oipinion - now let me have my opinion without the cr*p responses.[/quote]In your opinion, your argument makes more sense.....Thats a whole lotta straw clutching you are doing there.[/quote]

No. You just ignore what I said in my argument.   Ruddy would have a very difficult decision to make if the opportunity arose to move to the premiership, given his ties to this area.   To start with it would have to be a club that was almost guaranteed not to be involved in a relegation scrap - because if he was relegated again and we went up, he would have gained nothing.  That cuts out half the table.  If it was to a club in the top half he would more than likely being in more competition for a first team place.    Not "stupid" to turn down a move to the premiership - which is what you put - but a difficult decision, which if he stayed would be a good decision for him and his family. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]You''re living in cloud cuckoo land Lakey.[/quote] No. I have a different opinion to you, thats all.  And my argument makes more sense than yours.  Family, settled, number one keeper, chance of going straight back up, still highlt thought of in the England set up -  there is more to life and football than the prermiership.   But you have your different oipinion - now let me have my opinion without the cr*p responses.[/quote]In your opinion, your argument makes more sense.....Thats a whole lotta straw clutching you are doing there.[/quote]

No. You just ignore what I said in my argument.   Ruddy would have a very difficult decision to make if the opportunity arose to move to the premiership, given his ties to this area.   To start with it would have to be a club that was almost guaranteed not to be involved in a relegation scrap - because if he was relegated again and we went up, he would have gained nothing.  That cuts out half the table.  If it was to a club in the top half he would more than likely being in more competition for a first team place.    Not "stupid" to turn down a move to the premiership - which is what you put - but a difficult decision, which if he stayed would be a good decision for him and his family. 

[/quote]I disagree with every single word you have typed there.We''ll leave it at that.

There are still way too many City supporters who see us as Little Old Norwich. Think Big!!

We need to keep our best players otherwise were we to get promoted next May, we would have to start buying Premier League players in big numbers to have any chance of survival.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]You''re living in cloud cuckoo land Lakey.[/quote] No. I have a different opinion to you, thats all.  And my argument makes more sense than yours.  Family, settled, number one keeper, chance of going straight back up, still highlt thought of in the England set up -  there is more to life and football than the prermiership.   But you have your different oipinion - now let me have my opinion without the cr*p responses.[/quote]In your opinion, your argument makes more sense.....Thats a whole lotta straw clutching you are doing there.[/quote]

[/quote]I disagree with every single word you have typed there.We''ll leave it at that.[/quote]

No problem.   Ruddy for me is great example for footballers - as was Grant Holt - puts family very high on the agenda - and he is at one of the best clubs in the country and one of the top five goalkeepers in the country too.  That doesn''t change - and the fact he signed such a long contract shows he appreciates that.

Nice disagreeing with you....

Are you really that naive Lakey?If so, I have a Nigerian friend, who is a prince, and would like to talk to you about an investment opportunity.

[quote user="morty"]Are you really that naive Lakey?If so, I have a Nigerian friend, who is a prince, and would like to talk to you about an investment opportunity.[/quote]

?  Weird.

You say you''re going to leave it then come back with that. 

Can''t you just accept someone disagreeing with you?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Are you really that naive Lakey?If so, I have a Nigerian friend, who is a prince, and would like to talk to you about an investment opportunity.[/quote]

?  Weird.

You say you''re going to leave it then come back with that. 

Can''t you just accept someone disagreeing with you?

[/quote]Yes I can. Sorry, I just assumed you needed the attention.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Are you really that naive Lakey?If so, I have a Nigerian friend, who is a prince, and would like to talk to you about an investment opportunity.[/quote]?  Weird. You say you''re going to leave it then come back with that.  Can''t you just accept someone disagreeing with you?[/quote]Yes I can. Sorry, I just assumed you needed the attention.[/quote]

No, you obviously can''t.   And I require no other attention than people respond to football points with football responses. The size of your todger is no concern of mine and  yet you seem to turn every argument or anyone who disgrees with you into a "who''s got the biggest one" contest.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Are you really that naive Lakey?If so, I have a Nigerian friend, who is a prince, and would like to talk to you about an investment opportunity.[/quote]?  Weird. You say you''re going to leave it then come back with that.  Can''t you just accept someone disagreeing with you?[/quote]Yes I can. Sorry, I just assumed you needed the attention.[/quote]

No, you obviously can''t.   And I require no other attention than people respond to football points with football responses. The size of your todger is no concern of mine and  yet you seem to turn every argument or anyone who disgrees with you into a "who''s got the biggest one" contest.

[/quote]Okay, I''ll take the bait. So what part of "My argument makes more sense than yours" is not arrogant, and totally single minded? You really can''t get the hang of debate, can you?And as for the todger issue mate, no contest there, ask your missus. (Well you did insist on bringing it up)

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Are you really that naive Lakey?If so, I have a Nigerian friend, who is a prince, and would like to talk to you about an investment opportunity.[/quote]?  Weird. You say you''re going to leave it then come back with that.  Can''t you just accept someone disagreeing with you?[/quote]Yes I can. Sorry, I just assumed you needed the attention.[/quote]No, you obviously can''t.   And I require no other attention than people respond to football points with football responses. The size of your todger is no concern of mine and  yet you seem to turn every argument or anyone who disgrees with you into a "who''s got the biggest one" contest. [/quote]Okay, I''ll take the bait. So what part of "My argument makes more sense than yours" is not arrogant, and totally single minded? You really can''t get the hang of debate, can you?And as for the todger issue mate, no contest there, ask your missus. (Well you did insist on bringing it up)[/quote]

It was in response to your....now let me see......oh yes....one of your more intelligent responses when you are not winning an argument.....[quote user="morty"]You''re living in cloud cuckoo land Lakey.[/quote]

Quite a lot of reasoned debate in that.  It took me a long time to work out the footballing thinking behind that - but then I realised I was wasting my time.   There is no "yes, I can understand the other point of view but I still think so and so".   We either have to agree with you and if you can''t get people to think your way,  out come the put downs.  

It could have been a good discussion, because the subject deserves it. There are merits to both sides of the argument of where Ruddy sees his future.  Staying is equally as valid as going - and is not a one sided argument as you would have it.  My argument is not better, true, but is just as valid as yours.   Family, children, having a good position that still gives you opportunities at a higher level if you do well is a lot to give up for something that might upset that balance.   Its a two sided argument.