Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Gunn and Hughton

[quote user="City 2nd"]YAWN - here we go again. Do you really understand the concept of football and managing a football club. There are 96 football league clubs. ALL those clubs, whatever league, have a band of fanatical supporters, who along with their relevant owners and board, expect THEIR club to win matches, competitions, promotion. When that doesn''t happen, and results ARE NOT WHAT WERE EXPECTED, something gives. The manager of ANY business, industry, banking, retail etc etc, if they do not deliver, they are culpable. They get sacked. They carry the can, full stop. GUNN failed to deliver, Hughton failed to deliver, Roeder failed to deliver, as did Rioch, Hamilton, Walker, Worhington and a few more. Moyse failed to deliver, as have hundreds of other managers over the years at many many clubs. When that happens, supporters get restless, owners get restless, supporters get restless, and vitriolic. They pay their money, so why shouldn''t they. The way you carry on with your pathetic ramblings that Gunn, Hughton and whoever were hard done by is pathetic. Grow some, and FFS stop whinging. The sat s just that, look forward. Did you see any planes flying over Cartow road towing banners? No, nor did I.[/quote]

Criticism is criticism, abuse is abuse.   If you are so fanatical that you have to abuse someone on a public message board, you should maybe have that privilege removed.    A message board is only as good as its posters and in the absence of strong moderation, people have to exercise a little self control.  I find the abuse of players and managers gross and cowardly.  That may be an old fashioned point of view, but it should not be that people think they can plaster abuse where everyone can see it. There are always going to be people who lose the plot and become aggressively abusive, but that does not make it right.    

Grow some?   Why should I have to grow some?   Surely in a civilised football club and a family club like Norwich, it should be the abusers that grow some..............

[quote user="City 2nd"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 2014-04-25 4:51 AM:

Two pleasant and respected people in the football world both who dared to dream by taking on the managership of NCFC. Both ultimately failed, but both have been on the sharp end of some hatred, vitriol and abuse on here. It makes this board an incredibly unpleasant place to be when that happens. No one deserves what they had thrown at them. I take the abuse on here because I can answer back, but these people who try and take our club forward can''t answer back, except on the pitch by getting results. I started on this board because of the abuse Gunn got. I am still on this board doing the same thing because of the abuse Hughton got. It seems things don''t change much on a football message board - thankfully I don''t have to put up with the abuse, I can answer back or I can walk away. I hope future managers get a better deal from our more unpleasant fans, but somehow I doubt it.

YAWN - here we go again. Do you really understand the concept of football and managing a football club. There are 96 football league clubs. ALL those clubs, whatever league, have a band of fanatical supporters, who along with their relevant owners and board, expect THEIR club to win matches, competitions, promotion. When that doesn''t happen, and results ARE NOT WHAT WERE EXPECTED, something gives. The manager of ANY business, industry, banking, retail etc etc, if they do not deliver, they are culpable. They get sacked. They carry the can, full stop. GUNN failed to deliver, Hughton failed to deliver, Roeder failed to deliver, as did Rioch, Hamilton, Walker, Worhington and a few more. Moyse failed to deliver, as have hundreds of other managers over the years at many many clubs. When that happens, supporters get restless, owners get restless, supporters get restless, and vitriolic. They pay their money, so why shouldn''t they. The way you carry on with your pathetic ramblings that Gunn, Hughton and whoever were hard done by is pathetic. Grow some, and FFS stop whinging. The sat s just that, look forward. Did you see any planes flying over Cartow road towing banners? No, nor did I.[/quote]

Hey City 2nd, life must be very simple living in your one dim world.

LDC I started on this board because of the abuse Gunn got. I am still on this board doing the same thing because of the abuse Hughton got.

What a complete and utter deluded weirdo you are!

[quote user="Jenkins"]LDC I started on this board because of the abuse Gunn got. I am still on this board doing the same thing because of the abuse Hughton got.

What a complete and utter deluded weirdo you are![/quote]

It was with great pleasure I discovered a way of keeping in touch with things at my home club in 2009.   It was short lived when I could see the kind of place it was - a playground of bullying, abusing and a few heavies throwing their weight around.  It grew to a crescendo after the 1-7 and continued for weeks after.    I quickly became a target for  abuse after  facing some of the heavies down.   It really carried on from there.   I hate seeing abuse of any kind going on and will confront  it whenever I see it, whether on here or in real life.  It gets me abuse -so what - it means nothing - because at least someone is standing up to them.   

Its not rocket science. We are supposed to be a family club.  Its a shame that a lot of the time this board does not reflect that.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Gunn was patently not up to the job and folk are entitled to treat him as a proper manager and expect him to perform on that basis, not as a guy wrongly promoted from looking after corporate hospitality. He will always be a legend however because of his playing career and charity work.

Hughton is a different case. I don''t recall much slagging off after his appointment and I''m pretty sure that everyone was hoping he could build on Lambert''s achievements. But the problem was that there was no sprint start- issues became apparent right from Day One and just when we thought all was heading in the right direction and we were ready to back him he loses 0-5 at Fulham in his first match. Alarm bells rang. Early performances were poor, though he pulled back some ground in that 10 game run but then lost it again in Spring 2013 with a slide towards the relegation places. But most stuck with him and I actually think he got very little abuse other than a small minority on this board until quite recently. And I don''t class "abuse" as arguing for a change of manager or debating his tactics etc, that''s all fair game.

As djc says, if Hughton had performed at all credibly he wouldn''t have received any of the abuse that eventually came, and frankly in this modern age with anonymous user accounts it is a fact of life when you hold a job in the public eye. It doesn''t make it right, but in medieval times the fate would have been a lot worse than a few morons posting silly comments.[/quote]

Absolutely spot on Tumbleweed.

LDC, your motives are admirable, but you don''t need to keep on fighting this war mate. Try and make a post that does not mention Hughton at all, and just focus on the now. If someone criticises Hughton, by all means defend him if you wish, and criticise anyone who is being abusive - as they are definitely a moron.

Yes it is time to move on.......but putting aside Gunn & Hughton, LDC''s general theme here regarding the abuse is a reasonable topic to discuss surely. Regardless of whether it has been on here or, what has been seen and heard at the ground rcently and previously, some of the insults are not necessary and are just nasty. and as supporters of a decent football club who generally handle themselves very professionally, then why cant the supporters also do the same, particularly towards fellow supporters, the players and the management regardless of whether its on a board like this, in a pub or at the ground on match days.   

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Yes it is time to move on.......but putting aside Gunn & Hughton, LDC''s general theme here regarding the abuse is a reasonable topic to discuss surely. Regardless of whether it has been on here or, what has been seen and heard at the ground rcently and previously, some of the insults are not necessary and are just nasty. and as supporters of a decent football club who generally handle themselves very professionally, then why cant the supporters also do the same, particularly towards fellow supporters, the players and the management regardless of whether its on a board like this, in a pub or at the ground on match days.   [/quote]

Well said. We are all fans of the same club.

Football fans are a cross section of society, there are all sorts, good, bad, abusive, obsessed, belligerent, self indulgent, it''s just life.

It doesn''t need to be a constant theme on here.

Lake District Canary is accusing people of abuse, yet on one thread I saw him refer to others as d ick heads, knob heads and has told some people to f uck off. The irony of this man cannot be understated at all.

[quote user="Evil morty"]Lake District Canary is accusing people of abuse, yet on one thread I saw him refer to others as d ick heads, knob heads and has told some people to f uck off. The irony of this man cannot be understated at all.[/quote]

It all depends who those comments were aimed at. Could have been entirely justified.

Snoots wrote the following post at 2014-04-25 8:08

Hey City 2nd, life must be very simple living in your one dim world.

But not as DIM as your reply! You must be LDC''s mother, father, brother or sister! In fact probably all, which figures!

Oh LDC, you are an inspiration to us all.

Who are we, those petty, lower-class football fans who actually go to games on a regular basis - to argue?

Certainly, and so it appears in the mantra and attitude of which LDC posts - he is the almighty and to argue with him is nothing less than slander in it''s own right.

It''s time we all learnt our place. It''s below LDC. For his superior football knowledge - contrary to what he posts on here which suggests he has very little of it - and what he offers society is far greater than anything we could accomplish, and thats between the lot of us.

The alternative of course, is that LDC is an attention-seeking muppet with nothing better to do in the middle of the day than post threads purposefully designed to get a response - see the one where he criticises fans for not going to Old Trafford - one of the few places he''s bothered to show up this season.

[quote user="hogesar"]Oh LDC, you are an inspiration to us all.

Who are we, those petty, lower-class football fans who actually go to games on a regular basis - to argue?

Certainly, and so it appears in the mantra and attitude of which LDC posts - he is the almighty and to argue with him is nothing less than slander in it''s own right.

It''s time we all learnt our place. It''s below LDC. For his superior football knowledge - contrary to what he posts on here which suggests he has very little of it - and what he offers society is far greater than anything we could accomplish, and thats between the lot of us.

The alternative of course, is that LDC is an attention-seeking muppet with nothing better to do in the middle of the day than post threads purposefully designed to get a response - see the one where he criticises fans for not going to Old Trafford - one of the few places he''s bothered to show up this season.[/quote]

Yes, its curious what fans who go every week, or at least every other week think of people who live away.  As you say, Old Trafford will be one of the few games I "bother" to go to.   That it is more local and therefore easier and cheaper to get to than Carrow Rd means nothing to you - after all if I am any sort of fan I should go much more often.     

So its ok to tell me I''m not a proper supporter because I don''t travel long distance to see my club often enough, but its not ok for me to say the same about Norfolk supporters travelling a long distance to see the club, especially when it is such an important match?   Maybe people only go to Norwich because its local.   If they moved away, would they make all that much effort to get back every home match, if at all?   There are people who live in Holland and Switzerland who travel to every

home match.  They are the real  hero fans, making the effort and expense

to travel because they love the club.  Maybe the definition of a plastic is a fan who only goes to watch the football because it is local.     The local fans who set themselves up as better fans than anyone else, but the effort they make to go each week is no more than trolling out of bed and strolling down to the ground in time for the match.  Really takes a lot out of you that does.   To my mind the true fans are the ones that make the effort to go to matches when it is not easy.  I''m not talking about myself because I don''t go to that many matches, but there are plenty of supporters who make difficult journeys every week home and away to see every match.   Power to them.     Your locals - not all of them of course - but the ones who think they are better than the rest of us fans - the ones who make so much of the fact they are local - are actually the divisive ones, the ones whose support is only skin deep because it is so easy for them to get to matches each week.  The fans as a whole at CR are fantastic.  Pity there are a few who think they are better than the rest of us. 

A fan who thinks they are better than the rest of us? That would be you then Lakey.

You created a thread CRITICISING OUR FANS for not going to an expensive away game. I''m going to be there albeit through work.

Then when you get criticism back you play the ''some fans think they''re better than me''.

The irony is not missed on me nor the multitude of intelligent posters on this board. The only thing I can pay you credit for, is actually getting me to respond to one of your idiotic threads as for the most part I try to avoid them.

Last season and much of this when some posters and myself were criticising Hughton we got dog''s abuse on this board.

Hughton got abuse, that''s laughable. He got very little personal abuse. He could try refereeing or doing any number of public sector jobs or myriad low paid jobs which attract wholesale unwarranted abuse.

What abuse he did get he handled in an exemplary manner.

Hughton will feel no pain of relegation, that will be left to the players and supporters. He got off light.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Last season and much of this when some posters and myself were criticising Hughton we got dog''s abuse on this board.

Hughton got abuse, that''s laughable. He got very little personal abuse. He could try refereeing or doing any number of public sector jobs or myriad low paid jobs which attract wholesale unwarranted abuse.

What abuse he did get he handled in an exemplary manner.

Hughton will feel no pain of relegation, that will be left to the players and supporters. He got off light.[/quote]Personally I love the part where LDC fails to see that Hughton had any faults as a football manager...I''m not going today LDC as I cant really afford to travel to Old Trafford next week but I will be at the Bridge next week. Am I plastic?

And of course totally ignores the abuse given to posters that could see where Hughton was taking us.

Very selective memory.