Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

At the end of the day...

Some reckon Old Trafford might well be a dark and stormy night for our beloved Canaries but at the end of the day we only get one shot at winning this game, it''s a great time to be playing them as their minds may be elsewhere, and it is better to live a day as a lion than a year as a lamb. Maybe we can turn the Theatre of Dreams into the Theatre of Sweaty Nightmares.  It might rain cats and dogs, in which case the greasy surface will suit our passing game. There might even be lightning, though hopefully the kind that never strikes twice, unless it strikes Rafael in which case I say bring it on.  Some might say we should stay on the back foot and look to take a point, but - like a fool that rushes in where angels fear to tread - I reckon we should we give it our all and go for the jugular from the first whistle.  There is nothing to fear but fear itself, and if we get on the front foot and take the game to Manchester United we might snatch all three points and escape the relegation dogfight.It is time to separate the men from the boys and for every player to stand up and be counted, for every supporter to get behind the lads and give it one hundred and twenty percent and if we all pull together then the whole will be greater than the sum of the parts.No more of this parking the bus and waiting to be picked off nonsense -

the time has come to put up or shut up. If we go out then let us go

out in a blaze of glory.
Here endeth the lesson, peasants.

Bor.

I don''t know why so many Norwich fans think its a great time to play them...

Think its a terrible time. Giggs will have them well and truly fired up. They are playing for pride, which has been damaged almost beyond repair. They are playing for a place in the squad next season, or for a transfer to a decent club on a similar wage. So many of the players in that team could easily fall down the ranks next season at Man.U or move to a ''lesser'' club potentially on a lower wage.

Under Moyes they were deflated, terrible home record. They have the quality in the squad to turn us over despite our improved two performances under Adams. If Moyes was manager i''d have us down for a sneaky win. Now i''m not so sure...

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]I am not Choppsy so you can''t have the mythical £5.[/quote]

Really?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I don''t know why so many Norwich fans think its a great time to play them...

Think its a terrible time. Giggs will have them well and truly fired up. They are playing for pride, which has been damaged almost beyond repair. They are playing for a place in the squad next season, or for a transfer to a decent club on a similar wage. So many of the players in that team could easily fall down the ranks next season at Man.U or move to a ''lesser'' club potentially on a lower wage.

Under Moyes they were deflated, terrible home record. They have the quality in the squad to turn us over despite our improved two performances under Adams. If Moyes was manager i''d have us down for a sneaky win. Now i''m not so sure...[/quote]Well said Gingerpele.

Didnt they batter us 4-0 in the League Cup when Moye was boss....?I''ve got us down for a 3-0 defeat.

It''s party-time up in the NW - little for the red half of Manchester to play for except pride. Each year in August most MU fans (& having worked there I know a quite a few) talk of how good it''s going to be in the following New Year when the Champions League fixtures occur. They''ll really miss those corporate nights in 2015.

Right now my guess is there will be plenty of ''is he, isn''t he'' talk about Van Gaal / reflections of ''the class of ''92'' etc. Generally all things Norwich City hardly register a flicker up there.

Today is our day; just a case of how badly we want it. Hope we don''t try too hard though - being desperate can be hugely counter-productive. We need to be in that ''special place'' mentally where 9 or 10 of our players perform to their absolute best. Then we have a real chance.

It''s such a massive game for us. Totally the opposite for them. I''m really looking forward to it!...