Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Best and worst last day games

Not sure if it was the last game but that Palace game at home with Stringer scoring wins for me. Worst was losing to already relegated Leicester and going down too.

could there be a worse one than 6-0 at Fulham??.....although the Charlton game on the day we went down to league one was a dark day, although as it turned out the result didnt actually matter.

in true Norwich fashion one of the better last games was at Sheffield Weds in ''82 where we were promoted to Division One.......after losing the match!

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Not sure if it was the last game but that Palace game at home with Stringer scoring wins for me. Worst was losing to already relegated Leicester and going down too.[/quote]

Yup, losing to Leicester was my worst. Steve Linex wasn''t it? The debarcle when Everton lost to Coventry is up there/ down there too.

I think you have to go a long way to beat watching us win at the Etihad last year as last games go! Getting in the play offs was pretty cool too. Going up in 82 was an unbelievable day, after an unbelievable run. And we lost!

Melrose Beardo!

It was definitely my most disappointing last game at home too. We''d probably have chosen that fixture if we could.

One of the best has to be Norwich vs Stockport in 2002, winning it to just squeeze into the playoffs ahead of Burnley on goal difference.

[quote user="JonnyH"]One of the best has to be Norwich vs Stockport in 2002, winning it to just squeeze into the playoffs ahead of Burnley on goal difference.[/quote]

Mackay heading in after about 5 straight corners to win it!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="JonnyH"]One of the best has to be Norwich vs Stockport in 2002, winning it to just squeeze into the playoffs ahead of Burnley on goal difference.[/quote]

Mackay heading in after about 5 straight corners to win it![/quote]I was there and I remember that Gazza was playing for Burnley and, at the time, we thought he might have turned on tne magic. Fortunately, he didn''t.

Definitely Leicester for me, the first time I had cried at a game.

Probably Sheff Wed, as mentioned, to celebrate promotion with 10,000 fans at an away game, was something unique, coupled with the run we had at the end of that season, made it very special.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Melrose Beardo!

It was definitely my most disappointing last game at home too. We''d probably have chosen that fixture if we could.

[/quote]

Ah yes Jim Melrose. Can''t believe I forgot about him. Lynex was the winger wasn''t he?  

[quote user="K Lo"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="JonnyH"]One of the best has to be Norwich vs Stockport in 2002, winning it to just squeeze into the playoffs ahead of Burnley on goal difference.[/quote] Mackay heading in after about 5 straight corners to win it![/quote]

I was there and I remember that Gazza was playing for Burnley and, at the time, we thought he might have turned on tne magic. Fortunately, he didn''t.
[/quote]

Gazza did hit the post (or got bloody close) for Burnley right at the death from a free kick. I was listening on the radio , everyone around me was celebrating us in the playoffs and Burnley''s game hadn''t finished.

Stockports keeper got sent off in the first minute. That helped!