Sign in to follow this  
whoareyou?

Holt to Villa?

Haha is it actually happening? Just read its a loan deal on a villa site that was updated in the last hour. This is either genius or madness from PL.. I did love them both when they were here though.

Actually I''m overeacting its just a cheap and low risk way of increasing villa''s depth of strikers.

Grant Holt played for us for four seasons and was our top scorer in every one of those seasons and player of the season three out of four seasons.

He was the top scorer and player of the season in a Norwich team which finished 12th in the league.

Last season he was top scorer in a Norwich team which finished 11th in the league.

And suddenly Lambert is a joke for signing him and Holt is useless after a few months of leaving?

Unfortunately the joke is probably on us for replacing him with Johan Elmander (17 appearances, 0 goals) and spending £8.5m on Van Wolfswinkel (12 appearances, 1 goal).

Hooper is doing alright, although Carlton Cole is outscoring him.

We are in no position to criticise Lamberts record when it comes to signing strikers at Villa.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Where did I mention Hughton?[/quote]
He is the current manager of the team you support (lol)
Remember him?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Le Juge"]Where did I mention Hughton?[/quote]
He is the current manager of the team you support (lol)
Remember him?
[/quote]
And i suspect had hughton signed him, you would have criticised him for it.

I remember him Morty, nice guy who has a lot of respect for every team we play but not a bloo dy clue how to beat them.

[quote user="morty"]Lambert truly has lost it.[/quote]
Or is it a case of the Villa transfer kitty is drier than Ghandi''s flip-flop and he''s shopping in the bargain basement?

[quote user="Le Juge"]What are you talking about you idiot.[/quote]
Your tedious, anti hughton agenda.
You massive bell end ( seeing as we are trading insults)

[quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"][quote user="morty"]Lambert truly has lost it.[/quote]
Or is it a case of the Villa transfer kitty is drier than Ghandi''s flip-flop and he''s shopping in the bargain basement?
[/quote]
Would appear to be a bit of both methinks.
Or maybe lambert has invented a time machine.

Seriously, if any of you think that Holt can be effective in the premiership again, then you are deluded.
And, if he signs for villa, feel free to dig this post up again, at the end of the season to tell me "I told you so"

Some of us remember when Lambert signed Wilbraham who was struggling in the league below, did a good job for us.

You 2 really need go sh ag each other and get it out the way... ♡♥♡

Your lengths to try and prove sone kind of point have just reached comedy levels lol.

I''ve given Elmander a 17 game head start and putting my neck out and betting that Holt will outscore Elmander in the Premier League this season.

Your response was "lol" which suggests you disagree. We can see who is right in May.

[quote user="Le Juge"]I''ve given Elmander a 17 game head start and putting my neck out and betting that Holt will outscore Elmander in the Premier League this season.

Your response was "lol" which suggests you disagree. We can see who is right in May.[/quote]
I really couldnt care who is right.
Your anti hughton, and frankly anti norwich city agenda is embarrassing.

Stupid signing, Holt is past it and Lambert is not setting Villa up the way he set us up. He certainly hasn;t got the golden touch there that he had here. Don''t worry people, I love Holty, but he''ll be just as useless there as he was last season here.

Is having an anti-Hughton agenda something to be ashamed of?

You can f@%k right off with the ''anti-Norwich'' slur. If I was anti-Norwich I''d be right behind Hughton.

Maybe it is you with the anti-Norwich agenda.

Gotta chime in with Juggy here :-/Its totally acceptable to be anti Hootan and not anti Norwich. When did we become a dictatorship and it became illegal to not blindly support the manager.I think a lot of us have lost faith and now got fed up with the bloke ! That doesnt make us any less important as fans. It just means that we are not happy with the direction the club is taking. If you want to really be argumentative it makes us stronger fans as we are more ambitious and not happy with the way things are going, ever thought of it like that ?Things said, there is a rift and aside from little stabs and niggles with each other we all want the best for the club. Its just a shame that "best for the club" is a matter of split opinion at the moment.Right thats my sensible post of the week out the way anyway, back to fishing.

[quote user="Le Juge"]I''ve given Elmander a 17 game head start and putting my neck out and betting that Holt will outscore Elmander in the Premier League this season.

Your response was "lol" which suggests you disagree. We can see who is right in May.[/quote]
If we re-sign Iwan tomorrow he''ll out score both of them. [:)]

Are you a betting man Jas? Because I''d be willing to become a bookmaker for a day with you as my only customer?