Sign in to follow this  

Please Mr Hughton....

To blog,or not to blog.That is the question..........so like looks like it is Louis tonight then.

I am not sure what all this talk about blackbirds is about, but I am just about old enough to remember the bitter from the Falcon Brewery. Talking of bitter and being banned....

Are you on about the Falcon Brewery from the Isle of Man Louis ? Never been there myself so have not sampled their ales but I do know a couple who had a romantic break there a couple of years ago but for one reason or another they no longer post on here else I could have asked them about the brewery. Mind you with all these multiple accounts flying around maybe they no longer use their original accounts. 

[quote user="Louise Cyphre"]Try a bit closer to home, like Yarmouth
[/quote]

Correct me if I am wrong Louis but I thought the Falcon Brewery at Yarmouth is a new brewery on the site of the old Lacons brewery and using the Lacons name and old recipes for their beers. You said you could just about remember the old Falcon bitter so I take it you mean the old Lacons bitter ?

Sorry my mistake - it was a long time ago, I thought it always used to be called the Falcon Brewery on account of the symbol and that being a play on words. But rather astonishingly, the long standing head brewer when it closed it 1968 was called Michael Falcon.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

That''s a birds name!

We used to have Matt Crowe...

[/quote]

That''s right Nutty but I don''t ever remember him laying an egg when he took the penalty kicks. [;)]

Not sure how badly the club are treating him, would think he like all professional footballers is actually receiving excellent treatment, salary and plenty of time off to play golf. Its a squad game, as mentioned, if we get an injury or two he will certainly get some game time over what is a very long season. But "wicked how we are treating" him..........cant go with that....

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Not sure how badly the club are treating him, would think he like all professional footballers is actually receiving excellent treatment, salary and plenty of time off to play golf. Its a squad game, as mentioned, if we get an injury or two he will certainly get some game time over what is a very long season. But "wicked how we are treating" him..........cant go with that....[/quote]

OK Mark, how about unfairly then?

What''s fairness got to do with it. He is a player contracted to our club and the club is doing what it considers to be in its best interest.

These are professionals, we''re not talking little Jonny who doesn''t get picked for the under 7''s team on a Sunday morning.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]What''s fairness got to do with it. He is a player contracted to our club and the club is doing what it considers to be in its best interest. These are professionals, we''re not talking little Jonny who doesn''t get picked for the under 7''s team on a Sunday morning.[/quote]

Agreed, but a lot behave like they are![:S]

He''s only been here half a season. He''s played a part in some matches in that time. He will almost certainly get further chances going forward.

Would there be a point in playing a fourth choice striker above the other three preferred options just to make him feel more fairly treated?

Wiz, I''m struggling to see what is so unfair about the situation. If we were to let him go we would be down to three strikers. Would you consider that enough? What if one gets injured while another gets a three match suspension? What if two get injured and another suspended?

Who would you get in that would be happier being our fourth choice striker? If we were to get a ''better'' striker in then somebody else gets demoted to fourth choice with little game time; would you consider them to be unfairly treated too?

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]What''s fairness got to do with it. He is a player contracted to our club and the club is doing what it considers to be in its best interest.

These are professionals, we''re not talking little Jonny who doesn''t get picked for the under 7''s team on a Sunday morning.[/quote]That IS different. He''s a no-hoper. Couldn''t trap a bag of cement that one.....

[quote user="GenerationA47"]

For help with birds'' names, contact Peter Raven (or alternatively, Erik von Markovik)

Keep Becchio!

[/quote]

Peter Raven is a bird and also a Norwich pub! Or was!!

Matt Crowe is a bird, a Norwich footballer but not a Norwich pub!

Alan Black is a bird, a Norwich footballer and his boys were a Norwich pub...