Sign in to follow this  
Bill

A City quiz - a welcome distraction

not connected to their names as suchmore what we directly share with the occupants of those venues

Some of the grounds were built post-Taylor report Ginj, St Mary''s, King Power and Stadium of Light would have been all-seater since inception I think.

Well we used to play The Nest, so we''ve gone from a stadium not connected to a road name to a stadium connected to a road name.

My guess was that the others went from a stadium connected to a road name to a stadium not connected to road name but Ipswich play at Portman Road which we''ve nicknamed Poorman Road which isn''t connected to a road name! right? no... maybe...

Am I close?

Posters seem to be struggling (or just teasing) so I will throw in an unrelated easy-peasy question. Who (I think this is right) are the only two players to have scored in a European Championship final and against Norwich City in league competition?

oi, get orf my thread

otherwise, a further clue what do these clubs have in common - an event(s)

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Posters seem to be struggling (or just teasing) so I will throw in an unrelated easy-peasy question. Who (I think this is right) are the only two players to have scored in a European Championship final and against Norwich City in league competition?[/quote]

When you say a European Championship final do you mean the Champions League or the Euros?

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Posters seem to be struggling (or just teasing) so I will throw in an unrelated easy-peasy question. Who (I think this is right) are the only two players to have scored in a European Championship final and against Norwich City in league competition?[/quote]

When you say a European Championship final do you mean the Champions League or the Euros?

[/quote]

The latter. The European Championships for national teams.

got themwon''t spoil it PCso will give the last letter of the Christian names of eachN and O

[quote user="Ginja"]@Purple Wayne Rooney would be one yes?[/quote]

England have never made the fianl of that competition.

Is one Juan Mata?

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Ginja"]@Purple Wayne Rooney would be one yes?[/quote]

England have never made the fianl of that competition.

Is one Juan Mata?

[/quote]

Yes, Mata, and City1st had that, and has the other, I think.

@Purple

lol no pun intended

I misread your post, I thought you said finalS, as in the entire competition!

Purple - is Fernando Torres the other one?

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Torres[/quote]

Looks like I copied Warren, but I genuinely must have been typing my post as Warren posted his...(and yes, it would easily take me two minutes to type one sentence!!)  [:$]

The only other potential I could think of was Christiano Ronaldo, but I can''t recall him scoring against us.

[quote user="vindo"]

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Torres[/quote]

Looks like I copied Warren, but I genuinely must have been typing my post as Warren posted his...(and yes, it would easily take me two minutes to type one sentence!!)  [:$]

The only other potential I could think of was Christiano Ronaldo, but I can''t recall him scoring against us.

[/quote]

Yes. Torres is the other.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]Is one Juan Mata?

[/quote]

Apparently his brother is a doctorWata Mata

Villa was one of the first Palace one of the last

if that don''t do it then I don''t know what will bar me telling you

ps you all know this

I know several of the grounds-including ours-have had roof problems but I can''t believe the newer ones have?

You''ll have to tell us. This is either going to be so obscure or so simple that we are going to say FFS!!!!

I think the latterso 1st of a the clues that will give it away81

you will know the answer from these