Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Ifiill to Sheffield Utd

Calm down dears it''s only a mildly decent Championship player. I have to agree on Worthy still making mistakes since Cardiff, I''m disgusted that he went on to win the championship and put us in our best position for years.

[quote]Well I must say that’s true. But you must remember that we have a Manager that’s is very slow to learn, going all the way back the play off final and still making the same mistakes[/quote]

JW, take that bar of soap and go wash your mouth out!!!Worthy slow to learn - how could you say such a thing?...

Thanks Morph I taken the soap out and still think the same.

I am not a plastic doll with input and belief from a Muppet.

But than again Mr. Worthington also got us relegated that’s one lesson he learnt fast.

Well from what Worthy has said about his a/b lists it sounds to me as if they were drawn up several weeks before we were relegated. I doubt it very much that Ifill was even on his list. The guy is good i think when he is fit but he gets injured alot i think.

I would like to see Ritchie Partridge and Bojan Djordjic here personally. Both traditional, pacy, tricky wingers, one plays on the left and the other on the right. People go on about Kris Commons but the guy is only 5 6", Partrdige is not much taller but he has a better pedigree. You dont get put in Liverpools Champions league squad if your rubbish.

Also, Crystal Palace are just about to snap up another good young winger (Jobi McAnuff) before our very eyes. Let''s just sit back and watch other Championship talent disappear - the likes of McSheffrey, Sidwell & Commons - before we spend silly money on some very average, early 30''s Scandinavian. Surely we must have identified who we''d want if we went down; let''s hope it''s not the same pathetic scramble as last season for quality players.

In fairness to Worthy he has

a) done the best job of any city manager in a LONG time

b) Only just discovered which wish list he can use! Sheff Utd have known for a long time where they will be. We have not...

That is why we are bound to be slow from the off

Again... takes us nine years to gain promotion and people expect us to become an established Premiership club in one season... Hmm

[quote]Thanks Morph I taken the soap out and still think the same. I am not a plastic doll with input and belief from a Muppet. <[/quote]

No we got relegated due to a big injury list around christmas and not having the money to bring in the required quality in all areas

True Saint.  Ifill is a damn good player.  However, were we not saying the same thing about Hulse and O''Connor a couple of years ago?  Never underestimate the Norwich City Football Club ability to suprise and pull a player out the bag!

We''ve seen it time and time again and I guarantee we''ll see it this year

[quote]Happens every year, our rivals get cracking in the transfer market while we get caught with our pants down.[/quote]

Calm down, calm down.  As I understand it only two of our 23 rivals have bought or indicated their plans to buy particular players so far, Sheffield Utd and Plymouth.  Even if there are a couple more that I do not know of that hardly represents a buying frenzy by "our rivals".  It is a question of who not when in the summer transfer market.  If Ifill was a big target of ours it would have some significance, if he''s not then it matters not one jot.

[quote]Thanks Morph I taken the soap out and still think the same. I am not a plastic doll with input and belief from a Muppet.

As a manager you can only do so much before the players cross the white line. At the end of the day the players got us relegated. Sure the manager may of made some errors during the season but it was is first season managing at that level.

All of you lot on this board seem to be very fickle. I wonder how many of you were regularly going to games 5/6 years ago when we were getting 15,000/16,000 for home games

Since we were relegated 9 years ago the club is in a lot healthier position. Look at the stadium and did we not just spend £3million on a highly rated young striker??? Season ticket applications up to 20,000 with a waiting list???

I mean did you guys honestly think we would stay up this season? I thought it would be close and we took down to the last game which we should be all proud of. I mean if you believe anything in the media we should have been relegated at xmas.

So enjoy your summers and I hope to see the same 25,000 + turing out for championship football next season!

I heard, that Worthington told Doomcaster that ''Ifill'' would be an excellent acquisition for Carrow Road. But, Doomcaster misheard him, so we got the "INFILL" between the Jarrold and the River End instead!

It''s all true y''know........  OTBC ;~)

My how our standards are dropping - one year ago we are signing helveg and ashton and now we are disappointed that we are missing out on

• Ifill (a journey many fizzy pop player who would have gone to sunderland or wigan if even half decent let alone a mid table sheff utd tem)
  • ritche partridge (a no mark reserve player at liverpool who looked very poor at west ham and deserved the abuse the crowd gave him) and
  • jobi McAnuff (a multi club player already whose reputation far exceeded his ability and application (caught at the same time as Damo?)

Ryan Taylor is the sort of player we should be looking at - young, unexposed and with potential to improve.  Alternatively we need players like Hux, out of favour prem players with experience but young enough to have something to prove.

We know who the best players at this level are (last year it was chaplow, ashton, cahill - look what they acheived)we should be targetting them, not these below par championship names - sign them and we will be back with a team worse than two years ago.

OTBC

Good shout out Zippers... but what "out of favour Prem players, young enough with something to prove can you think of?" I can''t think of any at the moment. Steve Stone I suppose but is he young enough?

I''m not bothered about the Ifill thing but I think we should be signing players in this league who Prem teams are not willing to take a gamble on... Ashton was just like that, obviously had the potential but people were worried to sign him. Players in our league who are along the same path as that are Gabbidon, Jagielka, possibly Sidwell. These are the players we should be making every effort to sign IMO.

[quote]No we got relegated due to a big injury list around christmas and not having the money to bring in the required quality in all areas[/quote]

we did not get relegated due to the injury list from xmas onwards, it was due to not playing our best side until the last 7 games of the season, the majority of who were available from mid feb and the majority for the first half of the season.

I do agree though that sometimes our reluctance to pay ''summer'' wages does mean we miss out on some players. 

OTBC